Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A 750ml of Woodford Reserve, I always keep it in my cabinet as I got my name etched on the bottle from some long ago Costco promo.  Plus the fact that as a flat bottle it fits along the wall of said cabinet. A 1.75ML bottle is in my future next month, as folks tend to ask for Woodford as a standby when visiting.

A bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban  also bit the dust, just a fantastic single malt Scotch whiskey. Hey they have been at it a long time and know what they are doing. Although my single male consumption has curtailed of late, this is a must have on my. Bar. 

7 minutes ago, RT Fan said:

Malt consumption for the love of God, not male consumption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, RT Fan said:

Whew, glad you cleared that up 😆

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, RT Fan said:

🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, RT Fan said:

not that there's anything wrong with that 😆

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, RT Fan said:

HEEHEEHEEHEE!!!  😂

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

EC12yr down for the count tonight 

20210416_215447.jpg

talk about things I miss the most...

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Yep, sadly this one went from possibly the best value in all of bourbon to a total non-factor in a span of only 3 to 4 years.  A model case study in brand management about how NOT to manage a product...

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

Yep, sadly this one went from possibly the best value in all of bourbon to a total non-factor in a span of only 3 to 4 years.  A model case study in brand management about how NOT to manage a product...

Maybe they’ll bring it back someday? 

Edited by mal00768

On 4/16/2021 at 7:28 AM, JakeySnakes said:

not that there's anything wrong with that 😆

No, not at all.

Love it

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, 0895 said:

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

The final age statement was dropped just before my start in bourbon and the 12 yr back label bottle was one of the primary finds at all the small stores I investigated. Unlike SAOS this one I was wise enough to buy every bottle I came across. I enjoyed several, gave a handful away and still have a nice stash left. 

I like to put it into blind flights and it just does really well always beating the new NAS SiB picks and usually beating other higher proof and/or “fancy” pours.

• I like it 2

On 4/15/2021 at 8:35 PM, RT Fan said:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

This dusty old handle of Old Charter is going to be missed.  Not the most complex and only 80 proof.  However whenever I wanted something a little sweet with some wood influence it hit the spot.

What I’ll probably miss most is that great old school handle, wish they still made these.

6C68E75F-9FFC-4CB8-B0AD-577A761B2BB1.jpeg

Edited by HoustonNit
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

The final age statement was dropped just before my start in bourbon and the 12 yr back label bottle was one of the primary finds at all the small stores I investigated. Unlike SAOS this one I was wise enough to buy every bottle I came across. I enjoyed several, gave a handful away and still have a nice stash left. 

I like to put it into blind flights and it just does really well always beating the new NAS SiB picks and usually beating other higher proof and/or “fancy” pours.

Smart move.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:57 AM, Kepler said:

It really has dropped off of the radar for so many. Maybe one day, HH will restore EC to EC12. 🤞

Cheers

12 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

This dusty old handle of Old Charter is going to be missed.  Not the most complex and only 80 proof.  However whenever I wanted something a little sweet with some wood influence it hit the spot.

What I’ll probably miss most is that great old school handle, wish they still made these.

6C68E75F-9FFC-4CB8-B0AD-577A761B2BB1.jpeg

I'm with you Nit, these large bottles really need a handle. 

I'm looking at you Wild Turkey! 👀

Good to see you back on the board,  Houston. 

Cheers

Not a bourbon, but still worthy of a post, I think.  I just finished off a bottle of the WFE 6 year rye that I helped select for Mammoth Liquors/Packages & More.  Goodness, what a great bottle it was.  I don't know exactly how they do it, but Willett clearly has a handle on producing great ryes.  This bottle was one of them.  Fortunately I have a couple more stashed away for future enjoyment.

38 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

Not a bourbon, but still worthy of a post, I think.  I just finished off a bottle of the WFE 6 year rye that I helped select for Mammoth Liquors/Packages & More.  Goodness, what a great bottle it was.  I don't know exactly how they do it, but Willett clearly has a handle on producing great ryes.  This bottle was one of them.  Fortunately I have a couple more stashed away for future enjoyment.

Definitely, worthy of a post in the rye forum!!  😉

Wanted to replace this today but the fathermuckers were asking for $60! I had to ask and confirm. KC gouging is a thing. 

C5265A7B-4609-42C4-BDA9-5AB38BB4B9B1.jpeg

Finished off 3 bottles of ER tonight. Technically there was not very much left in each bottle, so I blended them all together and made one big glass of bourbon. :D

16AEC4E9-806B-41EC-A86B-5CFB5CA91DFA.thumb.jpeg.08a7054724de8bc75d0b668a3e4b75ab.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.