What bourbon did you purchase today (Summer 2021)

MTNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wife wanted to see a stained glass exhibit an hour away that ended at 4 and meet her brother and he wife for dinner around 6.  Because she is an angel sent from God, she asked if I wanted to spend the intervening 2 hours checking liquor stores.  Found a few on Yelp and one of them had these.  I grabbed the last two. 

KC SiB Remedy.jpg

• I like it 5

Oh, and my bourbon buddy recommended a store in an area I happened to be working in yesterday so I stopped by.   Had a nice chat with one of the guys and ended up buying this bundle they had on special.  Larceny BP B521, Larceny SB and Benchmark.  Price for the three was basically MSRP for the 2 Larceny bottles. 

Larceny Bundle.jpg

• I like it 2

Had some time during lunch break today and decided to do a little liquor shopping at some nearby stores as it's been awhile.  I probably should have stayed in the office because the wifey will not be happy haha.  Picked up:

- Calumet Farms 15 (been hearing some great things about this bottle, figure will give it a chance)

- Weller 12 (when I walked in there, one of the store managers was like welcome back, i got something for you...a pleasant surprise!)

- EC Barrel Proof B521

- Remus V (enjoying it so far, so got a backup bottle)

- Barrell Craft Spirits Seagrass Rum (not something I would normally get but one of my buddies swears by it, so figure i'd give it a try)

- Barrell Craft Spirits Dovetail (wanted to do a side by side with the Seagrass for science)

Not bourbon (though the Seagrass isn't either), but also picked up a Midleton 2021 to commemorate the son's birthyear.

Will hopefully go on a buying moratorium now until the holiday season....

• I like it 7

Pickec up two bottles of a store pick OF Single Barrel - Barrel Strength that showed up a few days ago at a local store.  They where selling quickly, so I was glad to have been able to get by there before they all found new homes.

• I like it 6

20 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Pickec up two bottles of a store pick OF Single Barrel - Barrel Strength that showed up a few days ago at a local store.  They where selling quickly, so I was glad to have been able to get by there before they all found new homes.

I still have yet to see an OF Single Barrel-Barrel Strength in the wild. Thankfully I still have a couple of bottles of 90 proof OF Single Barrel in my bunker.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I still have yet to see an OF Single Barrel-Barrel Strength in the wild. Thankfully I still have a couple of bottles of 90 proof OF Single Barrel in my bunker.

Biba! Joe

I was excited a few weeks back because I was #6 in line waiting on delivery of what I thought was going to be OF barrel strength, instead, it was the 90 proofer…. Either way it was a win…

• I like it 2

9 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

I was excited a few weeks back because I was #6 in line waiting on delivery of what I thought was going to be OF barrel strength, instead, it was the 90 proofer…. Either way it was a win…

Hopefully you enjoy the 90 proofer as much as I do. I bought close to a dozen bottles of it over many visits to a semi-local liquor store. I was a bit sad when they finally sold out of it. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Out and about yesterday and I picked up another Weller SR. No pic. You’ve seen ‘em  from me before. 😂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

10 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hopefully you enjoy the 90 proofer as much as I do. I bought close to a dozen bottles of it over many visits to a semi-local liquor store. I was a bit sad when they finally sold out of it. 

Biba! Joe

Oh I can’t wait to open it.  I enjoyed several (all different picks) from binnys when they had them on sale/clearance a couple years back. Thinking these were long gone, I will def take my time with the bottle. 

OF SiB has/is an always an automatic buy (for retail) as same as EC SiB’s. Always great stuff. 

I have not had this many purchases in one day in quite a while. And the great thing was I only paid about five bucks over price for the eagle rare ($39), which ain’t bad. Everything else was in line pricewise. 

42A6D818-7005-4036-B636-C119642ED134.thumb.jpeg.cfa56ca4d3def54d64a9dd61584a28e4.jpeg

• I like it 12

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Out and about yesterday and I picked up another Weller SR. No pic. You’ve seen ‘em  from me before. 😂

Biba! Joe

If you ever feel like you're being watched, it's just me following you around to see where you find this😉

• I like it 3

I never bunkered the John Bowman single barrel, Now I wish I had. I use to see it everywhere, now I can never find it. 

• I like it 2

Stopped by my local today and grabbed a few first-time-for-me bottles

(not all bourbons,though.)

Rebel 100

Rittenhouse Rye

Redbreast 12 Year Old

It was delivery day and there were already a lot of empty spaces on the bourbon and tequila shelves by 4PM

Edited by G L Tirebiter

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

This is the first one I have seen myself.  Makes me want to swing by there tomorrow and pick up another one to have as a backup or possible gift in the future.

• I like it 1

On 9/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, Whitewhale said:

EHT Rye $71.99 (ABC Vault)

WSR: $23

EHT Rye.JPG

Nice pickups!  I hit gold back late July or early August and haven’t received invite yet.  Lady at store said first one usually is within a few weeks so been stalking my email for it but no luck.  I saw a bunch come in at the abc store yesterday.  

10 hours ago, dwightschrute said:

Nice pickups!  I hit gold back late July or early August and haven’t received invite yet.  Lady at store said first one usually is within a few weeks so been stalking my email for it but no luck.  I saw a bunch come in at the abc store yesterday.  

They usually send the invites on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10am - 2pm.  Tip:  you need to be super fast once the email comes and know what you want at first glance for the higher end stuff like Pappy, GTS, WLW, Weller Single Barrel, Weller CYOB etc.  Cart it and get out ASAP, it'll be gone within the first few minutes.  If you don't, your consolation will usually be Blantons, Weller 12, Weller Antique etc.  

90% of what I have in this pic is courtesy ABC Vault at MSRP:

Bourbon Bunker 9-16-2021.JPG

Edited by Whitewhale
  • I like it 2

14 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I have not had this many purchases in one day in quite a while. And the great thing was I only paid about five bucks over price for the eagle rare ($39), which ain’t bad. Everything else was in line pricewise. 

42A6D818-7005-4036-B636-C119642ED134.thumb.jpeg.cfa56ca4d3def54d64a9dd61584a28e4.jpeg

That Bardstown Discovery is special - let us know what you think!

2 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

They usually send the invites on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10am - 2pm.  Tip:  you need to be super fast once the email comes and know what you want at first glance for the higher end stuff like Pappy, GTS, WLW, Weller Single Barrel, Weller CYOB etc.  Cart it and get out ASAP, it'll be gone within the first few minutes.  If you don't, your consolation will usually be Blantons, Weller 12, Weller Antique etc.  

Wow, nice spread. Too bad we can't do the SECs at Gainesville anymore (Florida pool is too small) otherwise I'd be glad to come and visit.   😋

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

Thank you and I appreciate the tips!  That is an amazing spread too.  I’m in Saint Johns Co., so hard to get anything around here for most part. Most of my pickups are when I’m traveling but thought the vault program would be best bet to pick up one or two a year.  How often you got your invites?  

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, geclbxf said:

That Bardstown Discovery is special - let us know what you think!

It was the 1st thing I opened. And yes, it’s very good. If I see another one I will pick it up. 

• I like it 2

It’s squat and squarish bottle day. The Astor folks “discovered” a few remaining  PS bottles from three years ago and offered them up during their Bourbon sale.

A8F69875-2291-4145-86D8-0BCB35B52355.thumb.jpeg.0caba3d9f8a180117b250d40d59e333b.jpeg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.