What beer are you drinking--2022!

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, flahute said:

You forgot about Hudy Delight.

And Hudy Gold. And Burger.

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

On 1/29/2022 at 2:15 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

You and @Phil T brought back yet another fond memory Steve. Again, when I was a kid, we had a tv station in Indy that televised numerous Cincinnati Reds games. Decent station, but the local sportscasters were just so-so. We could get the Cincy radio station (WLW) in Indy, so we’d watch the games on Channel 4/WTTV, but we’d turn the volume on the tv down and listen to Marty Brennaman and Joe Knuxhall on WLW. “Brought to you by Hudepohl 14K. Until next time, here’s the old left hander rounding third and heading for home.”

Biba! Joe

Marty and Joe were always the standard. Always!

• I like it 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:15 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

You and @Phil T brought back yet another fond memory Steve. Again, when I was a kid, we had a tv station in Indy that televised numerous Cincinnati Reds games. Decent station, but the local sportscasters were just so-so. We could get the Cincy radio station (WLW) in Indy, so we’d watch the games on Channel 4/WTTV, but we’d turn the volume on the tv down and listen to Marty Brennaman and Joe Knuxhall on WLW. “Brought to you by Hudepohl 14K. Until next time, here’s the old left hander rounding third and heading for home.”

Biba! Joe

I moved to Cincinnati in 1985 and listening to those two immediately became my goto activity while doing schoolwork. Back then we could also go to the games for cheap up in the nosebleed section and every game was taken in with a Hudy in hand.

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Banquets tonight 🍻

A6936CC8-E64E-4E3D-AF52-5F7D74BB822C.jpeg

Have you seen Cobra Kai on Netflix?  I had completely forgotten about Banquet until seeing the copious amounts consumed on the show. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

Coors-Banquet-Beer-Enjoyed-by-William-Zabka-as-Johnny-Lawrence-in-Cobra-Kai-S01E07-All-Valley-2.jpg

I’ve watched some of the first season and really enjoyed it. That reminds me - I should finish catching up!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Rhettro said:

I’ve watched some of the first season and really enjoyed it. That reminds me - I should finish catching up!

It’s worth the watch. My favorite line of the whole series: “Another banquet for ya John?”

Btw, anyone know the scotch he drinks in season 1 when celebrating with Miguel?

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love this beer. I think it’s a Hall of Famer. It’s been a great week. It’s in the 80s. You can tell the Super Bowl is in town. LA is so big and vast but there is a palpable energy. I played 18 yesterday under Van Nuys airport and I watched the parade of private jets land. I hope they give us a great game. 

94450331-754A-4237-8B25-87C34D175943.jpeg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, MM818 said:

I love this beer. I think it’s a Hall of Famer. It’s been a great week. It’s in the 80s. You can tell the Super Bowl is in town. LA is so big and vast but there is a palpable energy. I played 18 yesterday under Van Nuys airport and I watched the parade of private jets land. I hope they give us a great game. 

94450331-754A-4237-8B25-87C34D175943.jpeg

They make good beer. Enjoy tomorrow!

It’s been a weekend full of bourbon, scotch, Irish, Japanese, and rye whiskey, paired with cigars and fire pits.  The palates needs a spritzing, and this SweetWater H.A.Z.Y. 710 Pale Ale is doing the job out on a crisp Sunny day.  

1C2233EC-4661-41E0-9EDE-3062296D137A.jpeg

Welcome, Weekend.  Beer to start. Arches Brewing Winter’s Night Munich Dunkel.  Such a contrast from nose to finish.  Cocoa, coffee, and a suggestion that this is going to go heavy and sweet over the palate.  But, it has a nice bitter note on the palate, that doesn’t let this get out of hand on the sweetness.  The cocoa on the nose becomes a high cocoa content dark chocolate and the coffee is a big blast of dark roast, fresh and black.  It’s quenching and warming at the same time.  Outstanding!

575E73EF-11AF-4847-A366-AA5021F559FF.jpeg

• I like it 3

So, some Bastard driving a red car with all kinds of writing on it in that vinyl car wrap stuff nearly whacks me at an intersection the other day.  I’m flipping him off and cussing like only me and Ruth on Ozark can cuss, and swearing the product advertised on his car is shite.  Well, I saw the jags product in the cooler at the whiskey mongers store, brought it home hoping I could trash it here, but it’s really good, I’m sorry to say…🤪. The can looks just like the car.  The driver is still a fu@$ing Fu@$, as Ruth might say… 😁

AE832264-1E04-4B3D-BD05-E227A4EE8946.jpeg

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

So, some Bastard driving a red car with all kinds of writing on it in that vinyl car wrap stuff nearly whacks me at an intersection the other day.  I’m flipping him off and cussing like only me and Ruth on Ozark can cuss, and swearing the product advertised on his car is shite.  Well, I saw the jags product in the cooler at the whiskey mongers store, brought it home hoping I could trash it here, but it’s really good, I’m sorry to say…🤪. The can looks just like the car.  The driver is still a fu@$ing Fu@$, as Ruth might say… 😁

Joe, maybe that guy was used to driving on the other side of the road, could've been dipping into the salesman's samples too.

14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Joey,

If you've ever driven in Ireland then you may realized that this particular fella might have been a native.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is absolutely world-class.  Best Trillium (D)IPA I've ever had.  

IMG_9101.thumb.jpg.c9a0f75be50e449632d36b4950a6b5dd.jpg

• I like it 1

I picked up some Boatswain Double IPA, and HLV Ale while at TJ's.  Both were as good as I remember.  I mean this as a compliment.  The HLV Ale tastes like the best home brew ever.

I had to have an associate get me the IPA from the back.  I told her, I really like everything from that brewery except the American IPA, that stuff is AWFUL.  She laughed and said other people agree, while pointing at the shelf.  They had a full shelf minus one six pack of the stuff I hate.  Everything else was really depleted or empty. 🤔

• I like it 1

Didn't have any Guinness but still enjoyed a stout with corned beef and cabbage dinner.

20220317_180355.jpg

20220317_080821.jpg

• I like it 2

We'll be celebrating St. Paddy's day this weekend and I plan to make some black and tans.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been a while since I’ve had a beer. Enjoyed a Hamm’s last night. Not bad at all. 🍺

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s been a while since I’ve had a beer. Enjoyed a Hamm’s last night. Not bad at all. 🍺

Biba! Joe

That's what I would take fishing at the river.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.