What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thinking about making this a Fryeday. 

Kicking things off with a pour of Russell's Reserve SiB Rye from a sample bottle my brother shared with me.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Decided to do Fryeday in style.  Excellent.

20220617_175940.jpg

You are absolutely doing it in style. That sounds so spot on right now I'll join you. 

20220617_204857.jpg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

20220617_175940.jpg

3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Happy Fryeday!

20220617_193859.jpg

You guys convinced me. Happy FRYEday. 
For me tonight, HW Double Rye PS. It is young, but still is delicious. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

You guys convinced me. Happy FRYEday. 
For me tonight, HW Double Rye PS. It is young, but still is delicious. 

Cheers

Following up with Baby Saz. So Much flavor. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Opened a Kentucky Owl Batch 1 rye on Friday night. Forgot how good this stuff is/was.  The later batches went up in price and down in flavor.

• I like it 5

New riff tasting tonight. I recieved a sib today which was all honey sweetness, at 105. I tried it against another sib, at 109 which is very anise. That was put up against a balboa rye, 100, which was better then the sib. But all lost to the rabbit hole boxergrail founders, 109, distilled by new riff. Overall no surprise. But very enjoyable.

Edited by Mattk
Sib auto corrects to many things
  • I like it 2

Revisiting this again already.  The llama was a father's day gift from my daughter.  Its an inside joke.20220619_211347.thumb.jpg.13b6d937d5b57d611d65b7c5521deb70.jpg

• I like it 5

Michter's 10 year rye, 92.8 proof.  I haven't gone back to this bottle in a long time so it was time.  It's a very nice pour.

• I like it 6

Picked up two bottles of OF rye after work. A store nearby has gotten it back in stock, and I did not want to pass up a chance to put a couple into the stash while it was available and at a good price.  

• I like it 6

9 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up two bottles of OF rye after work. A store nearby has gotten it back in stock, and I did not want to pass up a chance to put a couple into the stash while it was available and at a good price.  

I keep waiting to see that back on the shelves around here.  Hope springs eternal.  I used to buy it in the grocery store, even six bottle discount sales.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, PaulO said:

I keep waiting to see that back on the shelves around here.  Hope springs eternal.  I used to buy it in the grocery store, even six bottle discount sales.

You and me both!  I haven't seen it since the initial release.  It was priced well and was excellent!  Right now, WT101 and EC Rye are my current picks.  I can grab both in the mid-$20s.  BTW, another big sale next weekend!

• I like it 1

Yes indeed, I got an email about the sale.  I enquired about the OF Rye, and KCSB.  We'll see.

You all are making me feel nervous about the of 100. I know of a shop thats near and dear to our locals that still has it stocked as a shelf item. I won't ever clear a shelf there. But might grab 3 more just because.

17 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A sleeper pour of Whistlepig Piggyback at the SkyClub. 

43981F46-2487-4A40-B049-4C93E8DBEB5A.thumb.jpeg.9b4252a4dca502762055bf6e9b3e85ee.jpeg

Looks like whoever poured that went to the same bartender school as our friend at SLC.

6 hours ago, flahute said:

Looks like whoever poured that went to the same bartender school as our friend at SLC.

Yes— although New Orleans in general has a very generous sensibility when it comes to pours. 

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes— although New Orleans in general has a very generous sensibility when it comes to pours. 

I will meet you there then!

On 6/17/2022 at 7:08 PM, Kepler said:

20220617_175940.jpg

This one is on my buy list if I ever see one.  I haven't seen anything but the standard bottle.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:11 AM, Marekv8 said:

A sleeper pour of Whistlepig Piggyback at the SkyClub. 

43981F46-2487-4A40-B049-4C93E8DBEB5A.thumb.jpeg.9b4252a4dca502762055bf6e9b3e85ee.jpeg

Talk about generous!

Edited by mbroo5880i

Enjoying a couple of pours of EC Rye.  I had passed on this bottle since it came out but bought one a month or so ago and really enjoyed it.  It is normally $30 but I bought both bottles for around $22.  $30 is pushing it probably because I can get Pikesville for $40.  However, it is a solid rye at less than $25.  While probably not a good choice for cocktails, it is a nice sipper.

• I like it 1

39 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Enjoying a couple of pours of EC Rye.  I had passed on this bottle since it came out but bought one a month or so ago and really enjoyed it.  It is normally $30 but I bought both bottles for around $22.  $30 is pushing it probably because I can get Pikesville for $40.  However, it is a solid rye at less than $25.  While probably not a good choice for cocktails, it is a nice sipper.

I am envious of your hh rye pricing. All of those are less the what we have here. But I call and raise with this. Wt101 rye at $20 after tax. 750

20220702_215653.jpg

Edited by Mattk
Photo didnt post
  • I like it 3

19 minutes ago, Mattk said:

I am envious of your hh rye pricing. All of those are less the what we have here. But I call and raise with this. Wt101 rye at $20 after tax. 750

20220702_215653.jpg

Ding, ding...we have a winner.  $20 OTD for WT101R is outstanding!  It is a regular in my rotation.  The funny thing is the 750 is $24.99 before tax while the 1 L is $44.99.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.