What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

RR Sib rye. If I’ve interpreted the date code correctly this in a 2020 bottle. It’s really fantastic so maybe it’s the same juice as MK Cornerstone.

I have found quite a lot of variety in the profiles of the rrsib bottles I have had. None of them have matched the flavor or viscosity of cornerstone. Which was a blend of 9 and 11 year ryes if I recall correctly. However I do have a bottle of the sib that is probably the oakiest thing in my collection, leading me to believe that barrels in the age range and possibly even older found their way into the sib program.

On 2/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, Mattk said:

I came across a few redemption 10 year ryes still sitting on a shelf after all these years. Now they are sitting on my shelf. Good times.

IMG_20220218_135409.jpg

After all these years?  That's the current bottle.

• I like it 1

On 2/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, Mattk said:

I came across a few redemption 10 year ryes still sitting on a shelf after all these years. Now they are sitting on my shelf. Good times.

High West corks fit those redemption bottles perfectly when the originals break, fyi.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

After all these years?  That's the current bottle.

About 5 years to be exact. They were sitting behind a few bottles of 2018 new years barrell bourbon. Although it is the current bottle I'm still pretty sure these have been sitting a while.

• I like it 1

57 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Leopold Bros. Three Chamber Rye. Hopefully it’s super weird. 

I just bought the Dickel & Leopold Bros. Collaboration.

I hope it's not too weird😆

20220224_153148.jpg

• I like it 1

I went to my favorite store today. It is the final day before the new owners take control. End of an era. Over the years I got to know the owner and his family. They are such good people and wonderful friends. Crazy Joe. Man I'll miss stopping by and seeing you behind the counter. Today I bought a boxergrail.

20220226_184601.jpg

• I like it 1

From yesterday-- extremely interesting and flavorful. I was at a Leopold Bros. distillery tour when Todd was just shaking down his new three-chambered toy, so I really wanted to check out the liquid. Some additional maturation would be beneficial; but given the current price point-- probably totally unaffordable.

IMG_7730.thumb.jpg.d66abf205b66431cdd8f9526fe746d4b.jpg

• I like it 1

Having a Willett 4 Year today. I wish I bought a 6 year when I saw it before.

• I like it 1

I made the mistake yesterday of having a pour of the Cardinal Spirits Rye after EW 1783.  The white dog note was ringing like a bell.  As I've said before, order matters.

• I like it 3

After warming up with short pours of two different ER10 store picks, it's now time for Fryeday.

RR SiB Rye in the glass.  Think I'll do a SBS with WTRB Rye in a minute.

• I like it 3

On 2/28/2022 at 2:20 PM, Marekv8 said:

From yesterday-- extremely interesting and flavorful. I was at a Leopold Bros. distillery tour when Todd was just shaking down his new three-chambered toy, so I really wanted to check out the liquid. Some additional maturation would be beneficial; but given the current price point-- probably totally unaffordable.

IMG_7730.thumb.jpg.d66abf205b66431cdd8f9526fe746d4b.jpg

Definitely agree it is unusual! I was kind of hoping as they make more and pay for the still the price might not go up too much. Probably a foolish hope and it is already at the age of what I am willing to pay even if it is older.

Did not try the Dickel combo and probably won't without some stellar reviews from trusted sources.

• I like it 1

Dickel & Leopold Bros Collaboration in the glass.

The more I drink it, the more I'm digging it.

Even at 100 proof, it is is really holding holding its own after a 1792 FP pour.

20220306_172917.jpg

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Definitely agree it is unusual! I was kind of hoping as they make more and pay for the still the price might not go up too much. Probably a foolish hope and it is already at the age of what I am willing to pay even if it is older.

Did not try the Dickel combo and probably won't without some stellar reviews from trusted sources.

Bruce, I can bring the Dickel x Leopold bottle to the spring event in Bardstown (or a sample bottle if I'm flying versus driving).

Pikesville paired with honey crisp apple slices dipped in caramel. Magical pairing.  😍

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Pikesville paired with honey crisp apple slices dipped in caramel. Magical pairing.  😍

👀

On 3/7/2022 at 12:28 PM, Marekv8 said:

Bruce, I can bring the Dickel x Leopold bottle to the spring event in Bardstown (or a sample bottle if I'm flying versus driving).

Sounds good to me!

Beautiful day today. It was 18 yesterday and it's 70 today 

Having somw Willett on the deck. This bottle will be in the "empty bottle" thread shortly. There will also be a "whatcha cooking on the smoker" post soon as well for my first attempt at Char Siu.

20220313_160940.jpg

• I like it 4

3 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Having somw Willett on the deck. This bottle will be in the "empty bottle" thread shortly. There will also be a "whatcha cooking on the smoker" post soon as well for my first attempt at Char Siu.

20220313_160940.jpg

Good old midwestern temperature swings at its finest I see.

38 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Is @GeeTen visiting again? 😉

Biba! Joe

4 minutes ago, 0895 said:

drive down tomorrow and find out for yourself!

😁

🤬 Thanks Eric, I really appreciate the invite. Unfortunately the timing kinda sucks. Our grand daughters spring orchestra concert is Tuesday. 🙄

Biba! Joe

9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

🤬 Thanks Eric, I really appreciate the invite. Unfortunately the timing kinda sucks. Our grand daughters spring orchestra concert is Tuesday. 🙄

Biba! Joe

it’s only 4 1/2 hrs. Home.  We’d love to have you.  Just saying.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.