What Foreign Whiskey/Whisky Are You Drinking 2022

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 8/10/2022 at 2:17 AM, Marekv8 said:

Johnnie Walker Blue Label…

3631F87A-0259-4EAF-9102-9DF1281E0D95.thumb.jpeg.014c913956e5fc0ff243017417f15033.jpeg

You're well versed in good Scotch,  so I'm genuinely curious regarding your opinion of this stalwart ...

12 hours ago, sbsbsb said:

You're well versed in good Scotch,  so I'm genuinely curious regarding your opinion of this stalwart ...

I have a strong emotional attachment to Blue Label. I associate it with successful travels, meetings and dinners-- consuming it primarily in the on-premise. The limited releases, especially the Ghost & Rare series benefit from higher ABVs and trickier components-- but I always find the standard release to be an exceptional blend with seemingly low grain content, creamy mouthfeel and honeyed delivery. Decisively ordering a double Blue Label without glancing at a menu or inquiring about the price is a catalyst that immediately alters the dynamics of the meeting/dinner/conversation at hand-- an interesting good luck charm.

• I like it 3

On 8/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Marekv8 said:

I have a strong emotional attachment to Blue Label. I associate it with successful travels, meetings and dinners-- consuming it primarily in the on-premise. The limited releases, especially the Ghost & Rare series benefit from higher ABVs and trickier components-- but I always find the standard release to be an exceptional blend with seemingly low grain content, creamy mouthfeel and honeyed delivery. Decisively ordering a double Blue Label without glancing at a menu or inquiring about the price is a catalyst that immediately alters the dynamics of the meeting/dinner/conversation at hand-- an interesting good luck charm.

Well said, and thanks for your thoughts.  I know it takes a beating among some of the single malt loyalists (hey, i'm one too), but I've always enjoyed it myself.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:17 AM, Marekv8 said:

I was in China for work a few years back and one night I gathered with my client and some of his friends in his whiskey room and we drank a Johnny Walker regional special blend that I thought was quite good and of course the company and great time we had that night made it all the better. I'd buy that bottle over and over again if I could but it's not available stateside.

Not a purchase but a very nice gift from a client.

A That Boutique-y Whiskey Company bottling of a 26yr Glenlossie. We drank some at his house and it's absolutely fantastic.

187C5F0E-21E5-4E0E-BD81-612C82439BF0.jpeg

• I like it 4

A dram of Bruichladdich Islay Barley 2011 watching the sun disappear on another warm day here. Cheers everybody!

20220814_210533~2.jpg

• I like it 5

Dishwasher is broken at The Centurion Club at BDL— hence a Johnnie Walker Black Label in a paper cup. 

84D80B1E-9D8B-4B59-83C7-7007B434BF58.thumb.jpeg.bfd470b7abb0346f83aa40562047c1ba.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 8/14/2022 at 2:52 PM, Marekv8 said:

Dishwasher is broken at The Centurion Club at BDL— hence a Johnnie Walker Black Label in a paper cup. 

84D80B1E-9D8B-4B59-83C7-7007B434BF58.thumb.jpeg.bfd470b7abb0346f83aa40562047c1ba.jpeg

Love it! One of the best whiskies I ever had was consumed from a paper cup that I double cupped because it was starting to soak through.

• I like it 1

I've been on an Irish buying spree lately, mostly pot still style.  Picked up a Teeling Pot Still today.  I've sampled it before once and enjoyed it.  So I'm looking forward to cracking it open soon, along with the Powers 12yr I also picked up recently.

• I like it 3

On 6/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, Anwalt said:

My Dad's house lacks bourbon.  He prefers whiskey made by people who storm beaches with bagpipes.  He served a nice one yesterday.  It was shockingly cheap.  Less than $20 in Indiana.  Soooo worth it.

Dad Scotch.jpg

On your recommendation I picked one up.  I get that pleasant sitting around the campfire feeling from the smokiness - nice.

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, PaulO said:

On your recommendation I picked one up.  I get that pleasant sitting around the campfire feeling from the smokiness - nice.

Glad you enjoyed it.  Definitely a smokey one.

• I like it 1

Think I’ll start with an Irish tonight.  

F6FC2FE4-A465-4BEF-876B-DC5125691513.jpeg

• I like it 2

First time trying this. Not a huge Ardbeg fan (Team Laphroaig here) but good enough to have 4 pours at a friends tonight.

BC0D051A-9A51-4D9E-92D7-70D916E76014.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 8/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, smokinjoe said:

Think I’ll start with an Irish tonight.  

F6FC2FE4-A465-4BEF-876B-DC5125691513.jpeg

What's that glass ya got there?

Public holiday here so after a hefty roast pork I'm settling into the evening with a pour of Bruichladdich. 

Cheers! 

20220829_195803.jpg

• I like it 2

40 minutes ago, beasled said:

Public holiday here so after a hefty roast pork I'm settling into the evening with a pour of Bruichladdich. 

Cheers! 

Cheers to ya’ @beasled. 🥃  I still have to chuckle to myself a little whenever I see you post in the “What Foreign Whiskey Are You Drinking?” thread. 😃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Cheers to ya’ @beasled. 🥃  I still have to chuckle to myself a little whenever I see you post in the “What Foreign Whiskey Are You Drinking?” thread. 😃

Biba! Joe

:D

I'm English so I guess it is still foreign!

We have a few decent distilleries in England, when I post those then I will be confused..  🍻 

• I like it 3

We've been hitting the Bowman and RRSiB pretty hard, so I'm switching it up, for now😁

Lagavulin 16 to start the night.

No, I don't have a problem, I think😂. We're on vacation😎

20220830_174146.jpg

• I like it 3

First pour from a dusty Compass Box Eleuthera to kick it off with an Ashton EsG perfecto.  I earned the pour.  The cork went to total shit in the process of opening.  The  it progressively got worse.  After quite a bit of work and filtering I’m finally drinking.  And by the way, the artificial corks that Pallini uses on the limoncello bottles are a perfect fit. 

• I like it 1

I just cracked a For Peat's Sake Blended Scotch - smoky sweet campfire.  This seems more like a malt to me than a blend.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.