Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Great stash Stones! Plenty of hooch there I'd like to sample :P

Those oddballs are interesting Boonie. I don't think I've seen a picture of any of those before!

I like researching and hunting down the odd ball whiskeys but craft spirits have a long way to go. I hope that in a few years some further aged product will be released. The question is will the companies survive that long. At the end of the day, I still pour myself a glass of Weller or PVW.:grin:

What did you think of that Rogue whiskey, booniesville? I had a pour of it a few weeks back; I thought it had a little bit of pleasant apple fruitiness to it but was somewhat bland and had almost no finish.

The Rogue is not bad but very lightly aged (1 month) with a strong barley nose. The taste is a mix of raw spirit, subtle wood, and apple. It also has a slight sweetness near the end that doesn't last long. An ice cube or two helps even though it is only 80 proof.

Booniesville

How did you manage to get a Templeton's Rye in Maryland?

Paul

Paul,

The Templeton Rye is very good. I travel for my job and try to find regional whiskey when I can. Sku's list is a big help. I picked up the Templeton at the Clinton,IA Kroger. Went to a few liquor stores until some said "have you checked the grocery store". There it was in isle 3.

I gathered everything together for a quick snapshot (apologies for the mediocre camera-work):

12 Pappy Van Winkle 15yo

6 Lot B

6 10yo 107

3579297924_f35c2946ae.jpg

2 Weller Centennial (Frankfort)

1 Weller 12yo

1 Stagg ('08)

3579303122_42af3bfae2.jpg

Rye & Dickel

3579300444_ee5a9c20af.jpg

Paul,

The Templeton Rye is very good. I travel for my job and try to find regional whiskey when I can. Sku's list is a big help. I picked up the Templeton at the Clinton,IA Kroger. Went to a few liquor stores until some said "have you checked the grocery store". There it was in isle 3.

If you were in Clinton IA you surely were a long ways from home. I hope my fellow Iowans made you feel at home.

If you were in Clinton IA you surely were a long ways from home. I hope my fellow Iowans made you feel at home.

• 1 month later...
Hidden
OK, y'all here dey is, left to right.

Top row

Legend Barrel Proof, Legend 101, American Spirit, Master Distiller's Select 14yo, 50th Jimmy Russell's Tibute, Japanese Tribute

2nd row,

12yo Split Label, Tradition, 1855 Reserve, Kentucky Spirit, Japanese Split Label 700ml, Japanese Full Label 700ml

3rd row,

Old Number 8 Brand, 8 year old 101,[200ml chrome flask 86.8] Gold Label, Rare Breed, [200ml chrome flask 86.8], Old Brown label 80 proof, Current 80 proof

4th row,

8 yo export 1 litre, current 101 NAS, Russell's Reserve Old Label 90, 10yo 101 Russell's Reserve, New Label Russell's Reserve 90, 86.6 Brown Label, Export 86.8

5th row,

Sherry Signature, American Honey, WT Liqueur, Russell's Reserve Rye New Label, Russell's Reserve Rye Old Label, green and red old label Rye 101, Current 101 Rye

OK, y'all here dey is, left to right.

Top;

Legend Barrel Proof, Legend 101, American Spirit, Master Distiller's Select 14yo, 50th Jimmy Russell's Tibute, Japanese Tribute

2nd row,

12yo Split Label, Tradition, 1855 Reserve, Kentucky Spirit, Japanese Split Label 700ml, Japanese Full Label 700ml

3rd row,

Old Number 8 Brand, 8 year old 101,[200ml chrome flask 86.8] Gold Label, Rare Breed, [200ml chrome flask 86.8], Old Brown label 80 proof, Current 80 proof

4th row,

8 yo export 1 litre, current 101 NAS, Russell's Reserve Old Label 90, 10yo 101 Russell's Reserve, New Label Russell's Reserve 90, 86.6 Brown Label, Export 86.8

5th row,

Sherry Signature, American Honey, WT Liqueur, Russell's Reserve Rye New Label, Russell's Reserve Rye Old Label, green and red old label Rye 101, Current 101 Rye

4th row

OK, lets add a Heritage, yep gots me a Heritage.

Now I'm thinking how nice it would be to get a Stampede, Freedom and 17 Year Old.

Where's the Pic, Oscar?????:skep:

See Post #408 in this thread, that is the Pre Heritage pic.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm dusting/cleaning my cabinet this evening. I'll also be taking an inventory. I've traded some and also bought a few things lately. I'm at that point again where I'm not sure what I have. :rolleyes: I'll try and post some pictures later. :cool: Joe

I managed to reclaim the downstairs bedroom for my man cave and in the process, set up my whiskey shrine. I moved most of my bourbon from the upstairs pantry to the cave so now when I'm working from home, it's a short walk to the juice.

post-2047-14489815778126_thumb.jpg

Top shelf on the right.

Cream Of Kentucky, correct?

What era is it from?

Have you drank any?

Finally showing my stash to the masses - not the best presented pictures, i just lined them up on my downstairs bar.

<snip>

The fourth shot is my prized VW hoard - the Van Winkle Family Reserve with the red wax top is especially esteemed as it was distilled on the year i was born.

</snip>

nice stash. ;)

And red wax VW Rye? do tell... I've never even seen one of those.

nice stash. ;)

And red wax VW Rye? do tell... I've never even seen one of those.

It's actually a bourbon, I have only seen two of these before, i'm sure there are other members here who have a couple of these as well. They were a special bottling by Pappy Van Winkle II and sent to Japan for exporting i think. Maker's Mark had some issue with the wax so they had to change it. The guy i bought it off had had it on his shelf for over 30 years! :shocked:

Top shelf on the right.

Cream Of Kentucky, correct?

What era is it from?

Have you drank any?

Oscar,

That is indeed CoK and it's still unopened. I would place the bottling somewhere in the late 70's as it has both standard and metric volume on the bottle. The only thing on the back is another heart label that says "Straight Bourbon Whiskey distilled in Kentucky".

The bottles on that top shelf on are a few of my older prized bottles.

Don't tell me that's the whole bunker?

Is there also some Old Charter on the top shelf?

I took everything out of my cabinet to do some cleaning and take an inventory. It was also a good opportunity to do some rearranging and snap a few pics.

#1. My Eagles #2. My Olds #3. My Wellers #4. My Turkeys

#5. My Van Winkles #6. My BTAC #7. My Makers #8. My Ryes

#9. Miscellaneous #10. More Miscellaneous #11. Back In The Cabinet

That's all for now. Hope to pick up a few goodies at the KBF. Might finish a couple in the mean time too. :grin: Joe

post-3455-14489815778817_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815779035_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815779245_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815779446_thumb.jpg

post-3455-1448981577965_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815779848_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815780049_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815780255_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815780492_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815780712_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815780935_thumb.jpg

Don't tell me that's the whole bunker?

Is there also some Old Charter on the top shelf?

Heck no....that's just what I have out and open. The Old Charter is a BIB, distilled '73 and bottled '81. This is a pic of the rest of the bunker that's in the storage room.

post-2047-14489815781167_thumb.jpg

post-2047-14489815781435_thumb.jpg

That's more like it. I think one of those heavy duty shelving units may house my bunker in the future.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!