Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice little stash, and nice studio! That's an interesting button MIDI controller...is it played like a button accordion?

Thanks! I just got back from a little weekend trip to Kentucky last Sunday and picked up a few bottles. Here's a list of the stash (from left > right) if you can't make it out:

• Very Old Barton

• Old Charter

• Charter 101

• W.L. Weller Centennial (Louisville bottling) Found this one in West Virgina last year. I'm saving it for the apocalypse! :lol:

• Makers Mark (375 ml slam dunked) already had this one too.

• J.W. Dant (BIB)

• J.T.S. Brown (BIB) Bought this one locally. One of my everyday pours.

• Old Fitzgerald's 1849 (Looking forward to trying this one!)

Thanks for the props on my little electronic music project studio. It's been a loooong road to get there. From your screen name I assume you're a Hammond player? Tell me about your rig (if you got one).

The MIDI controller is an AXiS-64 Harmonic Table keyboard. It's made to order by C-Thru Music in the UK. I had them custom paint the enclosure in black.

It's a similar concept to the accordion buttons but a little bit different. I just got it last Wednesday so I'm still getting used to it. It's hard to play the familiar stuff I know but it's much easier to get interesting riffs going that I would've never came up with on a traditional keyboard.

Check out the YouTube demos by Jordan Rudess to see it in action. VERY SLICK!

Yep, I'm a Hammond player. 1963 B-3 at home, 1953 B-2 stashed at church, Leslie 45 speaker with 147 amp and 2-speed motors, Leslie 21H in pieces, solid-state Leslie 720 awaiting proper hookup kits (a guitar player friend gave me this one), a little L-100 spinet a friend gave me (this is the organ Keith Emerson always stabbed knives into in The Nice and ELP) and an M-102 I rescued from someone's trash. Most of the time I gig with a Nord Electro 2, which I run through the Leslie 45. Rare is the time when that rig isn't in the back of my little hatchback. :) I also have a Yamaha S80 and Korg Triton, and a PC with ProTools M-Powered but the house is in such disarray I don't have a studio set up at the moment. Once we get reptile room (the part of the house normal people would call a dining room!) finished I'm going to reclaim the music room and try to get a workspace going.

Oh...back to the topic...nothing like bourbon to fuel the creative juices! The Weller Cent and the OF1849 sound yummy. I think I've seen JTS Brown around here, I'll have to look closer to see if it's BIB. Might have to try a bottle. I'll give the Rudess vids a looky...that guy's scary good!

A nice side bonus of the Leslie is the treble horn-rotor compartment is just tall enough to stash a small rocks or old-fashioned glass into...often you'll see a neat pour of MM or WT101 (depending on what the club has, most places have one or both of those for premium bourbons) lurking up there. :D

Yep, I'm a Hammond player. 1963 B-3 at home,.......

:shocked: WOW! I'm obviously not an organ player but I can sure appreciate the prestige that comes with owning (and being able to play) a real B-3. Your other gear sounds like a great collection of tools for your needs. Electro 2 and Leslie for regular gigs....nice.

I've seen JTS Brown around here, I'll have to look closer to see if it's BIB. Might have to try a bottle.

It's definitely a good buy for $13.50 a bottle. I was extremely surprised the first time I tried it. One of the best deals available in Ohio where we are restricted to Bourbons the state "Nanny" deems appropriate. They actually import, distribute and retain ownership of ALL the liquor here. Typical of OH government to regulate every step of the process to make sure they're getting their cut. Not much different than the local narcotics task force supplying the biggest drug dealers, taking big profits off the top and busting/blackmailing all the little guys that pop up. That happens here too! To bring this back OT.... they learned a valuable lesson from the prohibition days: There's plenty of $$$ to be made when you call it contraband!

A nice side bonus of the Leslie is the treble horn-rotor compartment is just tall enough to stash a small rocks or old-fashioned glass into...

I wouldn't dare trying anything like that with my live rig (the Gator case to the right in the photo). If you saw the mess of power cords and audio cables in tha back you could probably understand why. :lol:

Yep, I'm a Hammond player. 1963 B-3

I love the Hammond B-3 organ.

Joey DeFrancesco and Detroit's own Lyman Woodard are favorites.

I love the Hammond B-3 organ.

Joey DeFrancesco and Detroit's own Lyman Woodard are favorites.

Jimmy Smith, Jimmy Smith, Jimmy Smith!!!

Oh yes, the late great Jimmy Smith to.

As a side benefit of getting my back porch project completed, I added to the decor in my "bourbon " room. Some items I had on the back porch, are now adorning my room. :cool: Joe

post-3455-14489815593406_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815593622_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815593876_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815594088_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815594315_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815594561_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489815594806_thumb.jpg

Nice work there Joe on the porch and the stash! :grin:

Took a couple happy snaps of my little collection. Hopefully a steady diet of cash from my wallet will grow it to a prodigious size :slappin:

The Turkey Flock:

Picture005pn.jpg

The Heavenly Bodies:

Picture004pn.jpg

The "All outta Nicknames" Beam Family:

Picture003pn.jpg

The Trace Elements:

Picture002pn.jpg

Proud of this part of the collection as we have pretty much no BT available here in Oz. Thanks to this fine board I have acquired a few!

Jammin'!:

Picture001pn.jpg

Damn...I really have way too much time on my hands :lol:

Nice collection there too Morgan. I especially like your flock. Joe.

Awesome collection Pieface! That large Weller is well impressive! I have also recently taken into my possession my first Rock Hill and Weller 107 too but haven't cracked them yet.

I've heard Rittenhouse is an awesome rye and from the small amount of other ryes i've tried i am a big advocate, are you enjoying it as i see it is maybe half full?

Hey Stones :) The Rittenhouse is worth trying if you can get your hands on it. I got mine locally. I've only had this rye so I don't really know where it stands in the rye overview. I was mad keen on it at first but I have had lots of new bourbon to taste of late and haven't had any for a while...I'll have to revisit it tonight! One thing I've learned with it is to have it by itself or as the last pour of the night. Any bourbon afterward seems to have the wind taken out of its sails.

Get into the OWA! This is rising in my estimation with every pour.

Joe - Turkey is the one brand we seem to do OK with over here. Which reminds me to get a new bottle of the 8YO!

Hey Stones :) The Rittenhouse is worth trying if you can get your hands on it. I got mine locally. I've only had this rye so I don't really know where it stands in the rye overview. I was mad keen on it at first but I have had lots of new bourbon to taste of late and haven't had any for a while...I'll have to revisit it tonight! One thing I've learned with it is to have it by itself or as the last pour of the night. Any bourbon afterward seems to have the wind taken out of its sails.

Get into the OWA! This is rising in my estimation with every pour.

Joe - Turkey is the one brand we seem to do OK with over here. Which reminds me to get a new bottle of the 8YO!

Morgan can you get the Wild Turkey Rye 101? if you can it's a must try.

Some nice stashes going! I see you've got plenty o' ETL bunkered there, Joe! :D

Those are Weller Centennials -- one of the favorites of The Joe.

Started drinking bourbon last fall...

From Left To Right

Gift Set of Four Roses Small Batch

Makers Mark Gift Set

Blantons Single Barrel

Basil Hayden's

1998 Edwin Williams Single Barrel

Eagle Rare 10/90

4 Woodford Reserve

JD Black

JB White

2 Four Roses Small Batch

Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year

2 Elmer T. Lee

JB Black

Pappy Van Winkle 20 Year

Maker's Mark

Ridgemont Reserve 1792

Knob Creek

Old Rip Van Winkle 10/90

2 Van Winkle Lot B

Buffalo Trace

8 Gentleman Jack

Four Roses Yellow Label

JD Single Barrel

Sorry Todd. Those are Weller Centennials. :bigeyes: Joe

As a side benefit of getting my back porch project completed, I added to the decor in my "bourbon " room. Some items I had on the back porch, are now adorning my room. :cool: Joe

Joe, what are those in the bottom left? Looks like three of them all alike next to the Knob Creek, curious.

Joe, what are those in the bottom left? Looks like three of them all alike next to the Knob Creek, curious.

Something he wishes nobody will mention...some kinda chocolate something or other...probably Cask-n-Cream or similar.

I've only had this rye so I don't really know where it stands in the rye overview. I was mad keen on it at first but I have had lots of new bourbon to taste of late and haven't had any for a while...I'll have to revisit it tonight! One thing I've learned with it is to have it by itself or as the last pour of the night. Any bourbon afterward seems to have the wind taken out of its sails.

I've tried only a few Rye's - Beam/WT & Baby Saz. I have a BTAC Saz but as it's too scarce and expensive over here it needs a superlative occasion to merit its opening. I ALWAYS finish on a Rye for its sweetness compared to a bourbon, sometimes i mix them up but am always biased towards the Rye's.

Something he wishes nobody will mention...some kinda chocolate something or other...probably Cask-n-Cream or similar.

As a matter of fact..... Cask and Cream Chocolate Temptation. My wife didn't want me to put them with some of her stuff in the hutch we have in our dining room. So, they have a home with my stuff as long as I still have the room. :slappin: Joe

Sorry Todd. Those are Weller Centennials. :bigeyes: Joe

DOH! :bigeyes: I need to work on my bottle-spottin' skills....yessir.... :D

Finally showing my stash to the masses - not the best presented pictures, i just lined them up on my downstairs bar.

First shot is 'the bunker' where all my bourbons/ryes are stored under the main top bar. The front line of bourbons and ryes are my opened ones currently and i have a Blantons and WT Rye upstairs as my go to pour for Fri & Sat nights.

Second shot is my lot of BT bottles with one or two acquired with some very helpful SB.com members, Third shot is my accumulation of local WT products with a few backups of the WTRR101s and EC10yo - the WT a consistent favourite, the EC i pick up a few when i find a good batch as i have had my fair share of tainted bottles - :shithappens:

The fourth shot is my prized VW hoard - the Van Winkle Family Reserve with the red wax top is especially esteemed as it was distilled on the year i was born.

Fifth image is a mixed bag collection, some old, some new. The Old Forester was my first real dusty, i bought it from a guy in Germany for 10euro - i'm sure he didn't really understand the value of what he was selling - tax stamp on it says distilled in 1967, bottled in 1972. :grin:

post-3711-14489815603661_thumb.jpg

post-3711-14489815603976_thumb.jpg

post-3711-14489815604187_thumb.jpg

post-3711-14489815604388_thumb.jpg

post-3711-1448981560457_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the odd balls in the stash. I really like the idea of the small craft whiskey but haven't found one that really stands out. I added a few toasted oak cubs to the spirits on the left to see if they would mellow. The Virginia Lightning is not bad but they have stopped production of that and the Kopper Kettel. I hear they are now renting out the pot still and distillery.

post-4644-14489815604785_thumb.jpg

Looking good boonie. Looking good. Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!