Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been at it about a year now. I think I've done pretty good so far. I'm pretty happy with what I have. There's a few more I might want to try, but for the time being I'm going to try and empty a few, so I can bunker more of my favorites. But, you never know.....:banghead: Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Joe

post-3455-14489814318822_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489814319016_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489814319188_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489814319359_thumb.jpg

I don’t normally expose full bottles, but here is a photo of my Dickel bottles. Unfortunately I don’t have the new 3-year.

Leif

post-944-14489814319527_thumb.jpg

here is a photo of my Dickel bottles

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Leif, the 3 bottles that are 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the left look like #12 but they have a #10 on them, am I seeing this right? What are they?

And the last one on the right, what is that?

Those 2 bottles Oscar, I believe are 1986 and 1987 Vintage 10yo Dickel bottles. I had a 1987 and it was pretty darn good. Just stumbled upon it years ago down here.....sitting out the back of a store gathering dust.

The bottle on the end is Rx bourbon - export juice....6yo wheater? that is apparently also charcoal filtered through sugar maple charcoal. go figure.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

A few shots of my own bunker. Somehow my favorite-- all my Hirsch 16s -- happened to be pushed to the back, but their gold foil tops can be seen :)

post-3179-14489814371977_thumb.jpg

post-3179-14489814372367_thumb.jpg

post-3179-14489814372689_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Although for reasons I can't quite explain, my 2 faves, Hirsch 16 and Vintage 17 got lost in the back row. I'll have to make it up to them by pouring a dram of each tonight!

Okay...for all you guys whose wives complain about your nicely organized bottles in their nice cabinets...

post-1106-14489814373019_thumb.jpg

and yes that is a corner of my bedroom....see now you wife doesn't think your collection looks all that bad, does she?:slappin:

If I did that, my wife would give me the great ultimatum.... "it's me or the bourbon!"

Hmmm.

Decisions... decisions...

If I did that, my wife would give me the great ultimatum.... "it's me or the bourbon!"

Hmmm.

"You're right Dear, Sure will miss you!"

I got a bottle of Pappy 23 for my wife...I thought I got the better end of the deal! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not really but I had to say it!

Tony

I got a bottle of Pappy 23 for my wife...I thought I got the better end of the deal! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not really but I had to say it!

Tony

:slappin: Improves on the oneliner: Take my wife........please. You got something in return

As far as the "me or the bourbon" ultimatum.......

At least I won't be thirsty. Joe

Reminds me of that Brad Paisley song, "I'm gonna miss her" :D

JOE

• 2 weeks later...

and yes that is a corner of my bedroom....

Well, Tim, at least you won't have far to go when you pass out after too many pours. :grin:

I know I'm new, but I think I'm doing OK, especially for an Aussie! :lol:

small-DSCF6292.JPG

My Wild Turkey & Beam collection.

12YR, 8YR (with Turkey cork) 101, 86.8, Rare Breed, American Honey, Turkey glasses and Woodford Reserve stopper. Bookers, Basils, Beam Small Batch, Beam Black & Beam Distillers Series.

small-DSCF623.JPG

Jack Daniels Gentlemen Jack, JD Silver Select, Canadian club 20YO, CC 12YO, CC, Rock Hill Farms, Blanton's Special Reserve, Blantons Original, Elijah Craig 12YO, Evan Williams SB'96, EW, Maker's Mark, Cougars.

small-DSCF6294.JPG

Rum & Others.

2007 and 2008 8YO Rums. Normal Bundy. OP. 20YO Centenary Bundy. 12YO Chivas Regal. Grey Goose.

The Centenary bottle I bought for $300 and saw on eBay for $1250 a week after I bought mine :)

I think it's a pretty nice stash all in all, what'd y'all think?

Dave

Nice collection Dave :D

Did you get the Rock Hill Farms locally, or as an import?

Got the bulk (JD SS, CC20, RHF, WT12 & Blantons Original) recently from my folks trip to New York.

I'm interested in Bundaberg rum, I know it is a huge brand in the Antipodes.

What does it taste like? What is the 8 years old like? Can you give some taste notes?

Are they Australian-made? By whom?

How do people drink them there (Cam and other Aussies chime in)?

Gary

P.S. Feel free to establish a new thread for this.

Hey Gillman

Aussie bloke from Brisbane, Queensland here. With regards to your Bundy Rum queries, yes it is a huge brand here.

Their ad campaigns are quite good too - type 'drop bear' into uTube for a laugh.

This rum is quite nice really, made from sugarcane, but may be an acquired taste for some used to finer dark rums like angostura's and appletons. I don't drink it anymore but when younger it was one of a few popular choices. If you want a comparison it kinda tastes a bit like coruba rum, some will argue this and some will attest to this.

It is Aussie made by Bundaberg Distilling Company in a small town up in North Queensland of all names called Bundaberg! :)

Coke is the most prefered mixer to put with it, although my grandfather drinks it with milk! eck! It must have great preservative qualities as he's pretty old and still kicking and drinking the stuff 80+ on.

Hope this was a little informative!

Cheers

Tym.

I'm interested in Bundaberg rum, I know it is a huge brand in the Antipodes.

What does it taste like? What is the 8 years old like? Can you give some taste notes?

Are they Australian-made? By whom?

How do people drink them there (Cam and other Aussies chime in)?

Gary

P.S. Feel free to establish a new thread for this.

Gary,

We sent a Bundaberg Rum Triple Filtered bottle over....ask Dawn what it's like :puke:

and she's a rum drinker!

Scott

The 8yo is a yearly limited (limited to 25000000 bottles by the look of how much is around :lol:) release which replaced the old "Bundy Black", which is now on ebay for horrid sums.

The 8yo sells for about $50

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!