Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 3 weeks later...

My, God!

You really have the bourbon! toast.gif

Makes my stash look like empty bottles on the shelf! frown.gif

I am soooooo envious! banghead.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My stash seems to have grown a bit since I first shared my budding collection of bourbons.

Now I'm up to nineteen different unique bourbons, and three different rye whiskies (not counting the ten bottles ready for duty when some of these become empty).

Here they are, in two installments:

post-576-14489811727218_thumb.jpg

Very nice Mike, and you seem to be segregating by distillery. Where did you pick up the gold foil WT?

Very nice Mike, and you seem to be segregating by distillery. Where did you pick up the gold foil WT?

They're just laid out that way for photographical purposes. The bottles on the upper shelf are in their regular homes, but the bottles on the lower counter were moved from another high shelf for the photos. I did intentionally group them by distillery, though.

The WT 12yo was found (two bottles, actually) by me at a local store just a couple of weeks ago. I probably saw them six months ago, but wasn't as knowledgeable then. When I saw them a couple of weeks ago, after falling down, I got back up again and bought them both. There's nothing like doing a retailer the favor of relieving them of old stock like that! grin.gif

Nice collection you've got. I must ask; how does the Old Forrester BIB compare to the WF flavourwise. I got one of the early batches (#04) and really like the fruit/date/fig vibe to it, but think a tad higher in proof would do well?

Also saw a Henry McKenna SB in your early stash. What are the current thoughts on this one?

I wish I could get a 1/4 of this stuff here. Looking at this site is punishment sometimes...

Nice collection you've got. I must ask; how does the Old Forrester BIB compare to the WF flavourwise.

I wish I could say, but I haven't been able to find any OF-BIB locally. That would have been my preference over the 86 proof. The regular OF isn't bad for the price though (I got it for US $10/liter), but it is certainly thinner in tast than the Woodford Reserve.

Also saw a Henry McKenna SB in your early stash. What are the current thoughts on this one?

I wish I could get a 1/4 of this stuff here. Looking at this site is punishment sometimes...

The Henry McKenna wasn't bad, but it probably isn't something I am going to get more of. I found that I like the EWSB '94 much better, and it was about $8 cheaper, so it made sense to me to stock a few bottles during a recent brand sale at my favorite retailer.

In my case, this site isn't so much punishment as it is a bad influence! Fortunately, I don't drink it as fast as I buy it (usually 1 or two samplings per evening), so my purchases ought to be slowing down a bit now that I'm well stocked.

I just need to stop finding rare finds and limited releases. They cost more, and are a limited opportunity to buy, so they set me back a bit more than the stuff that is readily available!

• 5 weeks later...

Here's mine

From left to right

Pappy 23, Pappy 20, Pappy 15, Binny's 18YR, Old Commonwelth, VW FR Lot B, Hirsch 20, Hirsch 16, VW FR Rye

post-409-14489811735367_thumb.jpg

More

From to left to bottom right

Ridgewood 1792, Elmer T Lee, Wathens SB, Peter Jakes Private Keep, Thedford, Rock Hill Farm, Evan Williams Globe, Henry Mckenna Jug, Elijah Craig 18 SB, Kentucky Spirit, Blantons, Ezra B SB, Jeffersons Reserve 15, Henry Mckenna SB, VS Old Fitz 12, George Dickel SBR, Old Charter.

WT Tribute and Pogue too.

post-409-14489811736131_thumb.jpg

Just resize the image ... or take the picture in the VGA e-mail setting.

Very nice collection ... You can't hide the Rip Van Winkle and the BMH bottles

Older bottle of Ancient Age, Stagg 2003(1 of 5), Weller 19, Sazerac 18, Eagle Rare 17, Eagle Rare SB, Evan Williams Jug, Old Forester B Day, Noahs Mill, Kentucky Vintage, Corner Creek, Kentucky Pride, the other 2 Freedoms, Pure Kentucky, Rowan Creek.

post-409-14489811738565_thumb.jpg

Jim Beam 200 Anniversary, Jim Beam UK 7 NC bottle, one of the other Stagg 2003's, Evan Williams 1993 SB, Jim Beam Black Limited Edition.

post-409-14489811739318_thumb.jpg

You are the man! You must have one hell of a connection. You have what I dream about. BMH-14&20;Hirsch 16&20;Booker's tribute. Can I offer a tenth anniversary Bookers for a trade?

John Ed

BSS, have you tried the Sam Houston yet?

I looked at a bottle last week and wondered if it was worth trying. It was retailing for about the same price as a bottle of Bookers here (which I am almost out of)

No, I have not tried it. So I really couldn't give you an opinion about it. I think it sells for about $10-15 less than Bookers here.

All but the Hirsch 20, BMHs, Binny's 18 VW, WT Freedoms came from central KY. My brother got me everything but the Hirsch 20(Dane was responsible for that).

That's my only Bookers Limited Edition bottle, so I would have to say no. When I bought mine, they had 8 more in the case. Should have bought a few of them for trading purposes.

Opened and Enjoying....

Rock Hill, Old Forester 13yo Birthday(one of my favorites),Weller Centennial, Bookers,EC 18yo(another favorite), EW Vint. 94', Bakers, EC 12yo, VW 12yo SR(another Favorite.

post-711-14489811740083_thumb.jpg

Well, I finally had a free day (almost, anyway) to sort through my closet/bunker and organize/reorganize. While at it, I shot some pix. My digital camera is a simpleton -- as am I with a digital camera -- so the photos aren't that great. I'll add only what commentary seems necessary to explain what you're looking at.

The 3-packs of Stagg are intact -- one each from 2003 and 2004. The half-full one at the top is an '04 that somehow missed getting the year/proof label. I have a single bottle of Stagg '02 (Thanks, Bobby!), and examples of Saz and ER17 from '03 and '04:

post-367-14489811740566_thumb.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!