Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When I grow up I wanna be just like Tim and have bourbon EVERYWHERE. Great stash Tim.

Joe :usflag:

Jeez -- you guys never said I could post multiple pictures:

[ATTACH]2553[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2554[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2550[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2556[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2549[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2551[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2552[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2555[/ATTACH]

Now, this doesn't include the few bottles sitting on the dresser in the bedroom, the Antique Collection 3-packs under the closet shelves, the 8-10 bottles of single-malt Scotch in another closet, the 80-100 wine bottles -- or the 8 boxes of whiskeys I've already got packed to bring to Bardstown next week!:rolleyes:

Jumpin' Jehovah's Witness Tim!...That looks like a liquor store! No Scratch that...liquor stores aren't stocked that well.

Jeez -- you guys never said I could post multiple pictures:

Man, I'm getting thirsty looking at these. I have visions of my basement being stocked like this, but then I realize it would be painful to die by my wife's hands (which still might happen if she finds out how much I REALLY have). :)

Jay

When I look at parts of Tim's shelves it reminds me how liquor store shelves looked circa 1978 when I shopped in Plattsburgh, NY on sojourns from Montreal. Wish I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought by the case (Michter's Pot Still, I.W. Harper, anything from S-W, Ezra Brooks which was Medley whiskey then, ND OG, etc.).

Oh well at least some bottles are still around and we have generous souls (Tim most so I would say) who bring them to Gazebos to taste.

I have to say though (and I know Tim would agree) possibly the most selfless single Gazebo contribution was from Roger Hodges who sent an old Old Overholt by delivery to a Gazebo he could not attend and this is without ever having met any of the East Coast contingent (or any SB-ers I believe at that point). Amazing generosity, and it was a great bottle, too.

Gary

collection6xd.jpg

Really gonna miss that old Russels Reserve after I kill it this weekend. Haven't tried the new one but I don't think it will be as good as I really liked the older one.

I really like the Rock Hill Farms bottle.... It's in my top 5 bottles to bring back from the US :cool:

These are some of my Blanton's bottles that I have managed to come by.

The first picture has from left to right:

Straight From the Barrel

Silver

Regular

Green

The second picture has from left to right:

Black

Gold

Red...(Didn't even know this existed. It's only a 500ml and it has some type of Asian writing on the back)

Tan...(Another I didn't know existed. It's normal size and has the same proof as the regular, but the label is a lot lighter than the regular. This one also has some type of Asian writing on the bottle)

post-409-14489812348199_thumb.jpg

post-409-14489812348629_thumb.jpg

Okay finally got around to getting everything out and snapping some pics

Timothy, what is that bottle with the big 16 on it?

Twisted Spoke 16yo 105. A now-discontinued Van Winkle product, was bottled for and named after a bar in Chicago.

Twisted Spoke 16yo 105. A now-discontinued Van Winkle product, was bottled for and named after a bar in Chicago.

I KNEW I was drooling for a reason when I saw that bottle!!! :rolleyes:

Oh how I long to have one of those........

I have one at home someone left for dead at last year's Gazebo. Was missing the cork and only has about a quarter of an inch in the bottom. A bonus for being one of the last to leave I guess but after learning that any bottles left unattended the next morning would be dumpstered a couple of years ago, I don't leave any brave soldiers behind!

• 5 months later...

There's nothing old, rare or too unusual here, but here's a shot my drinking stash.

DSC03217crop.jpg

I was inspired to try a lot of these bottles based on feedback here on SB.

Some of my favorites are ORVW 10/107 , PVW 15, George T Stagg, OGD BIB, WTRB, and Rittenhouse BIB. I generally use AAA 10 yr as a mixer for Manhattans. Two bottles that I'm not really that fond of, and rarely revisit, are the Hirsch (gold foil) and the Weller Antique . I also rarely drink the Stagg, but I'm trying to make that one last as long as possible.

Kentucky Spirit is an interesting pour -- very "earthy" and smoky. I'm hoping it will grow on me.

I should have a bottle of Buffalo Trace up here, but I finished one awhile back and haven't opened another yet. There's only so much space in the liquor cabinet!

post-1379-14489812619503_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

my small stash.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8705/img1300vx9.th.jpg' alt='img1300vx9.th.jpg'>

I've packed up the bourbons, and tonights job was to pack up the Jack. So I used it as a photo opportunity :grin: Can't wait to move into the new place so I can put them all back on display!!

DSCF3966.jpg

DSCF3971.jpg

DSCF3972.jpg

The "Family Of Fine Whiskeys" cabinet in the first pic is numbered 4/150, signed by Jimmy Bedford...I don't know if it takes pride over my Wild Turkey 17yo or not....:grin:

Scott

You summed it up perfectly for me Mike. My girlfriend saw me looking at all these collections and warned me in no uncertain terms with the phrase "Don't even think about it!"

What followed was a very interesting conversation to say the least. I tried using some of the replies that I've seen here such as "I don't complain about all her clothes and makeup and whatever else". Then she pointed out how I actually do complain about all those things. It was actually pretty commical.

Time to abandon that strategy and come up with something a little more creative.

I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of "Having and enjoying all these fine spirits makes living with you all the more bearable. Or should I substitute enjoyable for bearable. Let me know what you think.

Chris

Chris-

There is a reason to hide your bourbon around the house in a bunch of different places. If you take a lot of something and spread it out, it makes it look like there is actually not as much of it....

You summed it up perfectly for me Mike. My girlfriend saw me looking at all these collections and warned me in no uncertain terms with the phrase "Don't even think about it!"

What followed was a very interesting conversation to say the least. I tried using some of the replies that I've seen here such as "I don't complain about all her clothes and makeup and whatever else". Then she pointed out how I actually do complain about all those things. It was actually pretty commical.

Time to abandon that strategy and come up with something a little more creative.

I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of "Having and enjoying all these fine spirits makes living with you all the more bearable. Or should I substitute enjoyable for bearable. Let me know what you think.

Chris

Chris...Where you're going wrong is you are basically looking for "permission" (cough cough cough)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!