Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just show her that bottle of Hirsch going for 500+ bucks on Amazon and tell her that investing in the future of your children, born or unborn, is very important to you and if she doesn't share that feeling then maybe the relationship isn't as serious for her as it is for you. Then sniff a little and choke back a few tears. Then just make sure you have a sufficient supply of "investin'" whiskey backing up your "drinkin'" whiskey.

-Mike

well this isn't my stash, but this is my most prized bottle in my collection so far. A VVOF 15 year old. I've only seen mention of one other bottle of VVOF 15 on this site, and it was bottled the same year as this, 1967. I'm wondering if the VVOF 15 was a single year product as the regular VVOF was usually a 12 year.

post-993-14489812699326_thumb.jpg

post-993-14489812699415_thumb.jpg

I let my family/friends know that bourbon is the only gift I want for Birthday/Christmas. I sure feel like a kid again, opening those gifts.

:slappin:

Chris...Where you're going wrong is you are basically looking for "permission" (cough cough cough)

YOU SHOWED HER THESE PICTURES?!? ARE YOU NUTS!?!

Okay damage done. Time for damage control. You've probably already messed up more and mentioned how much you'd like to have a stash like these. Wrong, what you should have done is said that these guys are insane (we are) and that you would never let it get that far out of control.

Then you slowly increase you collection a bottle here 2 there, explaining the significance of each, why you have to have it (side note-why do guys have to expalin their hobbies when women can go out and buy more clothes/shoes/purses/etc. then they can ever use, without saying a word). Then one day when there are bottles shoved here and there, you mention that you would like to have a nice cabinet to display some of you collection-ask her if she would like to help you pick one out so that it looks good in your home. Make sure to get one thats too big for you current collection. See where this is going? You now have a place to hide you purchases in plain sight :grin: (just like her closet full of clothes/shoes/purses/etc.).

Of course this is all coming from an unmarried, totally single (and loving every moment of it) guy. I have a completely different problem...introducing women to my collection (it's working its way to about 200 bottles).

For a while, I was starting to think I was crazy for having so many bourbons, rather than maybe 3 or 4 favorites with different characters. I will get out the camera and pose them all soon, after my weekend or work.

Also, TnSquire and everyone: Who IS a Tennessee Squire?? I am and my late father-in-law was. I ordered some glasses while in college from Jack and next thing I knew, I was a land owner in Lynchburg. I still get mail from them a couple of times a year. I probably still have the deed somewhere in the basement.

Chris-

There is a reason to hide your bourbon around the house in a bunch of different places. If you take a lot of something and spread it out, it makes it look like there is actually not as much of it....

Jeremy - you nailed it...the problem for me was, when we were packing our things to move, Brenda (my wife) made me pack all the bourbons up - supervised by her. This was to put her foot down on the bottles that were nearly empty. Her mothod - get all the bottles on the floor then pack them up....this was bad as there were things stashed everywhere, and bottles she didnt know about:grin: oh well, it's cool now

Scott

Here is a nice shot! Thanks Buffalo Trace for making such great whiskey!

My bunker is at 146 at counting...

post-334-14489812700012_thumb.jpg

AVB,

Now that's some whisky! I have about 92 bottles myself but I tend to stick to the stuff I can drink without thinking I just guzzled the family fortune. I set the limit at about $150 and stay below that 95% of the time. My problem is North Alabama is crammed full of rocket scientists but they just don't demand much variety so I have to travel a lot.

Beautiful display of SMSW. U-Da-MAN!

If you look at this as a long term goal you might have some hope for success by just wearing her down over time. Try establishing a place that's "for men only," a private part of the house where you install your lazyboy "man chair" and a good audio/video system for "man music" and "man TV." The better half will finally get annoyed and stop trying to be a part of your little "man world." Then yo can start sneaking whisk(e)y into the "man room" and stash it in the "man cabinet." You may have to sprinkle the place with sports, gun, woodworking books and magazines as a repellent. Don't try any gurlie mag stuff. That will result in a complete shutdown of your nebulous whiskey activities. Collateral damage from the "Girl Purge.":hot: If you time your activities just right, based on careful observation of your significant other's level of interest, you may be able to acquire a real "man collection" of whiskey. When she finally finds out she'll either just accept it or you'll have lots of time to yourself to enjoy your stash.

Good luck bro!

You summed it up perfectly for me Mike. My girlfriend saw me looking at all these collections and warned me in no uncertain terms with the phrase "Don't even think about it!"

What followed was a very interesting conversation to say the least. I tried using some of the replies that I've seen here such as "I don't complain about all her clothes and makeup and whatever else". Then she pointed out how I actually do complain about all those things. It was actually pretty commical.

Time to abandon that strategy and come up with something a little more creative.

I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of "Having and enjoying all these fine spirits makes living with you all the more bearable. Or should I substitute enjoyable for bearable. Let me know what you think.

Chris

It appears that you are a top-shelf sort of person. That's a very classsy assemblage.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Thanks. What's interesting is that two of my newest favorites, Rowan's Creek and Eagle Rare 10 yo, are fairly reasonable, as is Pappy 15. Plus, I still like Uncle Jack-memories, I guess.

Okay, well let me think :cool:

Bourbon

Lot B

Pappy 15

Pappy 20

ORVW 15

ORVW 10

Hirsch 16

WT RR 101 (3)

WT RB

WT Tribute (3)

WT 12 (3) For now, may trade or sell?

Bulleit

ER SB 10

GTS 2005

EW 1783

Old Forrester 101

Weller 12

BMH 11

BMH 16

BMH 21 - All Bardstown

OGD

Rye

Sazerac 18

Saz Jr.

Scotch

Laphroaig 10 (2)

Laphroaig 10 CS

Laphroaig 15

Lagavulin 16 - Port Ellen

Lagavulin 16 50ml - White Horse (2)

Highland Park 12

Glengoyne 10

Glenlivet 12

Ardbeg Uigaedail

MaCallan CS

Talisker 10

Talisker 18

Tequila

Cielo Anejo

Corazon Anejo

Calvados VSOP

• 5 months later...

I have updated my stash since my previous pictures. Here is my current stash. Kim is an understanding woman.

post-1672-14489812921577_thumb.jpg

I have updated my stash since my previous pictures. Here is my current stash.

I hope that's a sturdy table you're entrusting with all that preciousssssssss.

Roger

It is! I wish I had done a catalog with a spreadsheet when I first started this insanity. I am too lazy to do it now.

I have updated my stash since my previous pictures. Here is my current stash. Kim is an understanding woman.

stash001acopy.jpg

Oh how I am jealous of those 114 OGDs from ND!!!! :skep: That has become on of my ultimate favorites.

Just for you Christian......

As for my guard dog.....I am afraid all she would do is lick you to death.....and wear your arm out throwing her ball!

post-1672-14489812924458_thumb.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!