Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My hospitality table from last Thursday.

Did you have any Mellow Corn left at the end of the night? :lol:

Just joking, I have always wanted to try it actually.

The backs of the chairs behind the table look cool, any story to them, what kind are they?

As did some of my guests, but they didn't overindulge.

The backs of the chairs behind the table look cool, any story to them, what kind are they?

Not really. Got them with the table and most of the furniture. Scandinavian-something.

I hope that's a sturdy table you're entrusting with all that preciousssssssss.

Roger

Cujo is hoping the same thing....;)

JOE

My hospitality table from last Thursday.

Impressive, Chuck!

What's that in front of the Saz Jr??

Scott

Edit: I see it's Phillips American Whiskey :)

Is the JD Silver Select open? A good mate of mine got me a bottle this morning, so it might be time to open the one I have here....

This is my basement. I also have about 12 cases of assorted Gems. I could show the pictures of them too, but I think everyone gets the idea.:rolleyes:

post-1251-14489812928507_thumb.jpg

post-1251-1448981292892_thumb.jpg

post-1251-14489812929317_thumb.jpg

post-1251-14489812929712_thumb.jpg

post-1251-14489812930178_thumb.jpg

This is what I have out in my dining room ("the bottle room" according to my 3 year old)

Gee, I don't know...you have all that stuff sitting out where a 3 yo could easily knock it over or something...think you need to send it to a kid free environment for safe keeping...I'll cut you a great deal:lol:

Gee, I don't know...you have all that stuff sitting out where a 3 yo could easily knock it over or something...think you need to send it to a kid free environment for safe keeping...I'll cut you a great deal:lol:

Here's the secret to the "bottle room".

Please excuse the mess in there, We are in the middle of moving around our bedroom's.

post-1251-14489812930589_thumb.jpg

Oscar, I guess you're just going to have to stop by here some day. I've had an open bottle here since 1999. Still has about 2-1/2" in it.

Lots closer than Chicago!

Jeff

Tim!,....you 'da Man!!

Pic #6 is awesome!

Weller-Turkey Heaven,...with some rye.

It is one click away below,....notice the new name I gave the pic.

post-1534-14489812933829_thumb.jpg

Wow Joeluka!

Great stash, displayed royalty, good job.

The curio is awesome.

Yes, indeed, Joe. The curio is impressive. However, I sit hear knowing that if I did the same with THE?...no,...MY?...no,...OUR?...no,...HER!!!!! curio, she'd kick the living crap out of me!! So, way to go!! You show her who's boss!! One day, though, I'll get it across to her that the '06 BTAC would look much more showey in there, than that 100 year old blah, blah, blah, that was given to her great aunt Beatrice by the son of the second cousin of the Duke of Northwest Prussia...;)

:toast:

JOE

Chuck,

Thank you for the great time last Thursday evening! I don't recall the last time we tasted that many old stitzel weller's in the same sitting. We appreciate the invite.

Thanks again,

Bourbon Bob from Michter's Country:rolleyes: :bowdown:

Is the JD Silver Select open? A good mate of mine got me a bottle this morning, so it might be time to open the one I have here....

We opened it that night (I'd had it for a few months) and I'm glad we did. It's quite good. Silver Select is simply a customer-selected single barrel, i.e., it's from the same stock as the JD Single Barrel, and while I'm not a fan of either JD black, or Gent Jack, I could drink the Single Barrel any day of the week. It just goes to show that the Jack Daniel's distillery makes as good of a whiskey as anyone, just most of what they sell is pretty mediocre. I'm glad they came out with the Single Barrel because it's dandy and shows that, with enough age on it, JD is a damn fine whiskey.

Joe, If the back bar in every bar looked like your curio I would spend a lot more time in bars. Awesome stash!

• 1 month later...

Here is my 'stash', which I take to mean invioble bottles:

post-367-14489813098995_thumb.jpg

I have promised Randy, whose generosity has allowed me to enjoy three similar bottles already, that I will retain this one till he has no more.

Every other bottle I own is slated for opening.

These are the few which will require a 'special' occasion, which might be something so slight as a visit from an SB.com member:

post-367-14489813099188_thumb.jpg

The Old Taylor, as you can see, is a quart. 'Nuff said. The Van Winkle is Julian's "second best bourbon ever bottled" -- after the same stuff at 14 years -- which he saved for his childrens' wedding; the Kentucky Tavern BIB was distilled in 1949, bottled in 1955; and the Yellowstone also is a standard-measure, 4/5-quart.

I have collected, bought, sold, shared all the bottles I've previously posted in this thread. I still have 100 or so bottles -- some slated for eBay to defray expenditures related to a recent automobile mishap.

If I were to assign a moral, it is, "If you have it, drink it -- it's why it was bottled!"

Whiskey is NOT fungible!

That Kentucky Tavern looks so good it's practically criminal. Lovely bottles all, as I would expect from the vault of such an eminent bourbonian as yourself.

I hope all loses due to the auto mishap were purely mechanical.

-Mike

Yes, thank you, Mike, there were no injuries other than to (probably false) pride and the pocketbook. That said, be it known that my attitude toward the bourbon is long-standing -- share it while you can, for it is the greatest pleasure.:toast:

Here is mine. There are a few duplicates. There are a number of bottles of malt whisky Japanese and Scotch, and a few blends, Japanese, Scotch, and Irish on the shelves. But my heart belongs to Bourbon!

Ed

Ed, this is coming from a novice, but your bottles are in front of a window. Does that matter as far as the health of the bottles go, especially the open ones?

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, there are eight different Nikka whiskeys on the second shelf. A couple more on the one above that. And a couple of suntory whiskies, too. Which one did you try? I will try to post a close up of my Japanese whiskey later. I can't just walk in the the room and snap a shot though, those shelves are full of books now. I wouldn't want to keep my whiskey in the sunlight full time, even though it looks nice.

Ed

Ed, you have answered my own question. So, I guess it's not good to have Whiskey in the light for any length of time.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!