What bourbon are you drinking now?

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, it looks like for Christmas everyone broke out the good stuff. I saw posts for Pappy (myself included) Rockhill, GTS, etc. And me, well Santa brought me a set of four Riedel bourbon glasses. With family over, I enjoyed Buffalo Trace, Pappy 15yr and 20yr, OGD 114, Blanton's, and Weller Antique; not to worry, this was spread out Thursday through Christmas day.

Santa brought me some neat things, but no Bourbon, so I went shopping. Found me a bottle of gold wax Hirsch 16. Not bad, but not Blue. They used the same indestructable wax formula as ETL.

I did buy me a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 1995 for Christmas. I like it! I bought some Jim Beam White Label 7YO just to compare to the Black Label 8YO too.

My wife was complaining about too many bottles so I have been working on the Jim Beam Black Label. I took a suggestion from the Whiskey forum on the internet about how to drink Scotch. They say not to add ice but water was better. It seems the cold kills the taste. So I added water to my Jim Beam Black Label and I really like it a lot.

I probably will continue testing the other brands as well, but for the money, I think the Jim Beam Black Label might be the best deal out there. The other bourbons I have, 'Elijah Craig' and 'Evan Williams Single Barrel' are definitely more money. So right now I am drinking the Jim Beam Black Label with some water.

Now I am thinking to buy some Evian or something because the water here is certainly not as good as in some places thought it is not terrible.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!