Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Episode Two of the "new" Twin Peaks - just after the reconstituted Agent Cooper rides off in the yellow Jeep with the lady of the evening, a neighbor across the street from where some guy is putting a bomb under the G-ride (i.e., Agent Cooper's car) is popping pills and washing them down with either JD or EW Straight.

Anybody out there LESS confused than me?  I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT - Is it about the bunny?

Has anybody ever really had any idea what was going on on Twin Peaks (now or then). Thought that was kind of the point! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Twin Peaks again - Episode 6 - just after the guy in the truck hits the kid (and 90 year old Harry Dean Stanton makes an uncredited cameo), some guy in a motel stabbing pictures with a meat injecter has a 1/4 full Bulleit bourbon on his bureau.  Makes sense to me - the bourbon, that is.

EDIT - a few scenes later, the guy with the Bulleit stabs a woman.  Maybe it's a fancy ice pick.  No bourbon, though.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Another scene gave more clues.

Watching John Wick 2 while sipping on some WT101. John's enjoying some Blanton's Special Reserve.

IMG_3956.JPG

3 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Watching John Wick 2 while sipping on some WT101. John's enjoying some Blanton's Special Reserve.

IMG_3956.JPG

Nice. Watched this on the plane last week and noticed the same. He deserved that bourbon. 

Anyone watching the ranch on Netflix? A gold mine for bourbon cameos. The father Beau on the show a rough rancher/Vietnam Vet in particular has a real affinity to bourbon. He's more of a Jim Bean type guy but he was drinking a local craft whiskey 291? A bit of a flaw in the character development but acceptable. He arrives at a women's house for a date and says, "I wanted to get flowers so here's Four Roses" and hands her a bottle of FRSB.

The mom owns a bar pours a lot of Jack but bottles like Blanton's are prominently displayed.

Beau has a buddy (played by the Mr. McDowell of the knock off McD's called McDowell's in Coming to America) he stops by for a drink/sales pitch to have him sell the ranch to a corporate cattle company. He brings a bottle of PVW20 to drink. Beau asks, "what's that fancy bourbon you got there".

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

JD Black played a major role in last night's South Park Halloween 2017 - "Sons a Witches".  Randy Marsh (Stan's father) brought a case (6 750s) of JD Black to a husband's only witches party - husbands dressed as witches.  Things were just drunk until somebody broke out the cocaine.  THEN, one of the crew started reading from a spell-book (like, I cast a spell on you) he'd bought in Salem, Massachusetts.   Thereafter, chaos ensued.

Not a movie or an appearance really but Basil Hayden gets a mention in season 4 episode 10 of Friends.  Chandler is trying to set Rachel up with someone from work and two guys are offering gifts (Rangers game, cigars, etc.).  One guy offers:  Maybe, before the game we could enjoy some eight year old small batch Basil Hayden.

Also not a movie but Woodford makes an appearance in Dirty Jobs when Mike Rowe visits a Kentucky horse farm.

1 hour ago, tsangster said:

Not a movie or an appearance really but Basil Hayden gets a mention in season 4 episode 10 of Friends.  Chandler is trying to set Rachel up with someone from work and two guys are offering gifts (Rangers game, cigars, etc.).  One guy offers:  Maybe, before the game we could enjoy some eight year old small batch Basil Hayden.

Also not a movie but Woodford makes an appearance in Dirty Jobs when Mike Rowe visits a Kentucky horse farm.

That’s pretty impressive given that aired in 1997 (way before the boom). Interesting to know if it was paid product placement or genetically written into the script. 

• 5 months later...

Brockmire is back, which means massive consumption of Sazerac Rye is back. 

• I like it 3

Not a "movie", but the TV show Billion's sure has a lot of product placement from Michter's, particularly the Michters 20 and 25.

On 9/26/2017 at 12:05 PM, Kane said:

Not exactly a movie, but the Japanese mafia has good tastes it seems.

2016-12-07-143100_1920x1080_scrot.png

2016-12-08-210158_1920x1080_scrot.png

Now that I'm looking at this again, did the OGD ever have a bottle design like this in the US? Japan?

There was a reference to a Small Batch 18 Year Old Rye in Brockmire tonight, but I didn’t recognize the bottle they were using as a prop. 

30 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Not a "movie", but the TV show Billion's sure has a lot of product placement from Michter's, particularly the Michters 20 and 25.

I know they've had the Celebration in there too

19 hours ago, NDN98 said:

I noticed the 25 on last episode. Anybody watch sneaky Pete on amazon? They broke out the pappy on several episodes. I don’t remember what year though.

• I like it 1

On 4/25/2018 at 10:32 PM, KyleCBreese said:

Brockmire is back, which means massive consumption of Sazerac Rye is back. 

I wen't with Handy for the first episode it's been a rough week and Baby Saz wasn't going to get the job done.

• I like it 1

• 5 months later...

Not the movies or TeeVee but Old Grand Dad gets a mention by Ronnie Van Zant in ‘Whiskey Rock a Roller’ off Lynyrd Skynyrd’s third album.  My preferred version is in the ‘76 live album. 

Take me down to Memphis town, bus driver, get me there.
I got me a queenie, she got long brown curly hair.
She likes to drink Old Granddad and her shoes do shuffle around
and every time I see that gal, Lord, she wants to take me down.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sorry if it’s been posted especially sorry if posted by me but what about Uncle Paulie.

IMG_5451.JPGIMG_5452.JPG

On Netflix, Iron Fist season 2, ep 7 one of the leads is in a bar slamming some HMcK10. These are the same people who did Jessica Jones which had great bourbon in season 1, then sold out to a Tin Cup sponsorship in season 2. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not in the movies but Stephen Colbert opened a bottle of W12 during his live show covering the election results. He gave himself a heavy pour, neat, took a nice sip and happily exclaimed “was this excreted by angels?” :D 

8B0FC7C5-F116-4A1C-9C40-D39C3C9E22EC.jpeg

• I like it 1