Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

Not in the movies but Stephen Colbert opened a bottle of W12 during his live show covering the election results. He gave himself a heavy pour, neat, took a nice sip and happily exclaimed “was this excreted by angels?” [emoji3] 
8B0FC7C5-F116-4A1C-9C40-D39C3C9E22EC.thumb.jpeg.7feac786642a803be82e3dae785b6333.jpeg

I want to say that’s pretty cool but not sure if W12 needs the attention.
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

I want to say that’s pretty cool but not sure if W12 needs the attention.

Holy crap. I just noticed and maybe for legal reasons, but take a close look at the label...

• I like it 1

Holy crap. I just noticed and maybe for legal reasons, but take a close look at the label...

Ha maybe the naming was part of the joke?

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Ha maybe the naming was part of the joke?

Not sure. He occasionally brings out booze. Had ER10 once before with Jennifer Lawrence. I’ll have to pay attention next time. Maybe he’ll be drinking Mild Turkey 101?

5 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Not in the movies but Stephen Colbert opened a bottle of W12 during his live show covering the election results. He gave himself a heavy pour, neat, took a nice sip and happily exclaimed “was this excreted by angels?” :D 

8B0FC7C5-F116-4A1C-9C40-D39C3C9E22EC.jpeg

Hmmmm.   I don't think that's Weller 12-year.   :o     If I'm not mistaken this is a competitive brand with a very suspiciously similar label and brand name.... Take a good look.  ;)

Edited by Richnimrod
  • I like it 1

Another TV show, yesterday’s episode of SEAL Team there were 2 different scenes with the players drinking Makers Mark.

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

Another TV show, yesterday’s episode of SEAL Team there were 2 different scenes with the players drinking Makers Mark.

Nothing against MM, but shouldn't SEAL's be drinking something like a Hazmat proof GTS?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Nothing against MM, but shouldn't SEAL's be drinking something like a Hazmat proof GTS?

Yes.

• I like it 1

Not Bourbon, but watching an episode of Frasier last night and Roz comes in his apartment with "guy troubles" and he offers her a glass of Sherry. She says that it needs to be stronger and proceeds to walk into the kitchen and pour a rocks glass to the top from a bottle of Scotch. Frasier says sarcastically, no need to go for the 12 year old let's just have the 25 year old Glenfarclas. He the proceeds to talk her off the cliff, she starts to take a sip and then says you're right... I don't need this, and then dumps it down the sink.

Edited by BDanner

• 1 month later...

Top Chef is in KY this season. Watching episode 2 and they’re headed to Maker’s Mark, presumably for their next cooking challenge. 

On 11/10/2018 at 1:09 PM, JCwhammie said:

I watched Mystic River last night. I spotted Knob Creek and WT101

Wife had this on the other night.. i was tempted to slow mo when they were in the old mans LS but havent yet. Only thing that jumped out to me was Tullamore Dew if i recall correctly when Penn and the dark haired wife were having a drink in the kitchen.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched the latest episode of NCIS NOLA (from last night).    In an early scene, Dwayne Pride (Scott Bakula) is asking Loretta (C. C. H. Pounder) to join him in some Eagle Rare in the evening (after a particularly harrowing and dramatic couple days), she responds she'll do so; but he has to upgrade to Pappy Van Winkle 20-year-old.      In the closing scenes a bottle of Pappy 20 is poured into 2-glasses for the two to share.   Pretty easy for Pride to get, I guess.   He owns a tavern/night club.    Not for us common folx, though.

• 1 month later...

Beam 8 Star made an appearance on True Detective. It was the first American whiskey I saw in this season. Previously they had been drinking Crown Royal and Johnnie Walker Red. 

I don’t watch much TV, but I will sit in on “This is Us” when the girls are watching.  Really good show.  The kids went to visit Jack’s estranged brother, who picked up some sort of rye that I can’t identify.  Not sure if it’s a real label, but I thought it was notable that they chose a rye considering the show is set in Pennsylvania, which of course has a storied rye whiskey history.  Solid writing always in the show, and doing their homework, too

0F93DA0C-6225-466E-8409-80FAEC684BD6.jpeg

EC42CDA1-848D-4650-A572-F1DB5947F5E0.jpeg

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

I don’t watch much TV, but I will sit in on “This is Us” when the girls are watching.  Really good show.  The kids went to visit Jack’s estranged brother, who picked up some sort of rye that I can’t identify.  Not sure if it’s a real label, but I thought it was notable that they chose a rye considering the show is set in Pennsylvania, which of course has a storied rye whiskey history.  Solid writing always in the show, and doing their homework, too

0F93DA0C-6225-466E-8409-80FAEC684BD6.jpeg

EC42CDA1-848D-4650-A572-F1DB5947F5E0.jpeg

I'm sure "the girls" loved it when you had to stop, rewind and pause their show to take a picture of the still frame! :D

1 minute ago, dad-proof said:

I'm sure "the girls" loved it when you had to stop, rewind and pause their show to take a picture of the still frame! :D

Heehee!  I know, right!  :D  They do seem to be used to these dumbass things I do with whiskey stuff like this, though.  Of course, I had to ask them to get it all set up because I’m a technology clod...  

• I like it 1

Just now, smokinjoe said:

Heehee!  I know, right!  :D  They do seem to be used to these dumbass things I do with whiskey stuff like this, though.  Of course, I had to ask them to get it all set up because I’m a technology clod...  

Man, that's love right there. Good work!

Not a movie, but was watching a VEEP marathon on HBO when VEEP goes to Alabama to support Gary’s Bday. All the booze was gone so he goes to his dads personal stash to grab some Blantons. Good choice.

• 1 month later...

A little “savage fowl” in Chicago Fire. I’m assuming a nice play on words for WT. A quick google search says this same bottle was also used in “How I met your mother”. Sorry if that has already been posted. I chose not to go through 44 pages of posts to check.

85099BFC-2319-4ACA-B471-7BD2B35AD57E.jpeg

• I like it 1

Well, not a movie; but I saw a bottle of Buffalo Trace used in the new series on T-V: "The Fix".    Late in last night's episode, the lead character (played by Robin Tunney) is offered a pour from the bottle (not shown in an obvious way; but easy to see it's BT).   Then Robin's character takes a coffee cup from her 'gal-pal' and lead investigator, and they each have a couple quaffs.    The show is written by Marsha Clark of OJ Trail fame.

I’m sorry if this is a repeat.  But The Shining has Jack Torrence drinking bourbon and is clearly served JD.  And I’m ok with that because it looks delicious .

I’m sorry if this is a repeat.  But The Shining has Jack Torrence drinking bourbon and is clearly served JD.  And I’m ok with that because it looks delicious .

I always get the bar scene from The Shining and the book “It” confused also WT instead of Jack,

In Stephen King's book It, when asked what the bar whiskey is, the bartender replies, "For everyone else in this dump it's Four Roses, but for you I think it's Wild Turkey."

Can’t argue with that.