Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

Green-label Blanton's makes an appearance in John Wick 2. Appropriate since he's in Europe during that scene. Like Steve mentioned above, I had to smile when my wife nudged me, pointed at the screen, and said, "Blanton's!"

I was just going to post the same thing about Sneaky Pete.  We started watching that last night before buffering got the best of us.  Saw enough to see the PVW 20 appearance though.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Billions last night on Showtime.  " Wags" purchased a  bottle of Michter's Celebration Sour Mash at the bar !  

21 hours ago, t-ball said:

Watching Billions last night on Showtime.  " Wags" purchased a  bottle of Michter's Celebration Sour Mash at the bar !  

That's not the first time Michters has had a product placement on Billions

3 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

That's not the first time Michters has had a product placement on Billions

Yeah, IIRC the Rye and 20 year bourbon made appearances last year. 

They also had one of the best whiskey "commercials" in recent memory when Wendy came home to find Chuck sipping Kavalan.

Love that show!

1 minute ago, DeepCover said:

Yeah, IIRC the Rye and 20 year bourbon made appearances last year. 

They also had one of the best whiskey "commercials" in recent memory when Wendy came home to find Chuck sipping Kavalan.

Love that show!

I missed the Kavalan, dang! That's some good stuff 

1 minute ago, jvd99 said:

I missed the Kavalan, dang! That's some good stuff 

It is indeed.

i'll bet it tastes better sharing it with Wendy Rhodes!

Just now, DeepCover said:

It is indeed.

i'll bet it tastes better sharing it with Wendy Rhodes!

I think I'd go the Tara Knowels route from SOA 

I was watching The Wolverine today and noticed Logan drinking some Hibiki on a Japanese business man's private plane.

19 minutes ago, flahute said:

I was watching The Wolverine today and noticed Logan drinking some Hibiki on a Japanese business man's private plane.

I went to see Logan yesterday with my son and he was drinking from a bottle of Jim Beam white label.

22 minutes ago, DPPSmoker said:

I went to see Logan yesterday with my son and he was drinking from a bottle of Jim Beam white label.

Saw it last week and noticed the same. There were other moments he was drinking whiskey but I couldn't make out those labels.

5 minutes ago, flahute said:

Saw it last week and noticed the same. There were other moments he was drinking whiskey but I couldn't make out those labels.

Same here.  The first time he was drinking bourbon from the bottle, it was clearly JB white label.  I couldn't make out what he was drinking the second time.

Drinking JB White from the bottle. No wonder he's some sort of mutant. 

Blanton's makes yet another appearance in the closing scenes of the latest NCIS NOLA. 

I wonder of Blanton's is paying a product placement fee to them.     It seems the only identifiable spirit brand I can remember showing up here, and it shows up fairly often.

On 3/15/2017 at 7:25 PM, Richnimrod said:

Blanton's makes yet another appearance in the closing scenes of the latest NCIS NOLA. 

It's pretty bad when my wife blurts out "Blantons!!" before I even have a chance to say anything 

• I like it 1

Somebody has to be in a very high tax bracket to afford a bottle of that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

It's pretty bad when my wife blurts out "Blantons!!" before I even have a chance to say anything 

ROFL :lol:

My wife and I were watching too. You know my wife Gary. I didn't even get the chance to say anything. When that bottle came out, I looked over at her and was getting ready to say Blanton's when she gave me "the  look" and said with a sigh, "I know." :P

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

ROFL :lol:

My wife and I were watching too. You know my wife Gary. I didn't even get the chance to say anything. When that bottle came out, I looked over at her and was getting ready to say Blanton's when she gave me "the  look" and said with a sigh, "I know." :P

Your wife's name is Gary? ???? :)

Edited by Clueby

Just now, Clueby said:

Your wife's name is Gary? ????

No!!!! <_< 

Inside joke that I reckon I'll have to explain. :huh: Gary is Vosgar. We're friends and live only a few minutes apart. Needless to say, we've been out together with our wives a time or two, and know each other just a little. Our wonderful wives accept our fascination with bourbon, and sometimes even contribute. :) Maybe begrudgingly so, but sumpin' beats nuttin'. ;)

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Ha-Ha-Ha!    I believe there's a message in there somewhere...     What that may be is lost on me; but I do think it's in there ....somewhere.

Blantpn's bottle is quite unique, so I guess someone recognizing it isn't a big shock, even if they aren't a Bourbonian. 

I saw an ad a few weex ago for some cologne (or perfume?) that came in a bottle (albeit much smaller than a 750) that was clearly a riff on the same theme.    I don't recall the brand; but perhaps some other member can help with that.

Saw Logan a couple days ago. Noticed the Jim Beam that was already mentioned but also sitting on the shelf in Mexico was a bottle of Evan Williams Green. If those are the only two left available to Logan in 2029 it is a bleak future indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

Saw Logan a couple days ago. Noticed the Jim Beam that was already mentioned but also sitting on the shelf in Mexico was a bottle of Evan Williams Green. If those are the only two left available to Logan in 2029 it is a bleak future indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good eye! I missed that one. 

On 3/15/2017 at 5:25 PM, Richnimrod said:

I wonder of Blanton's is paying a product placement fee to them.     It seems the only identifiable spirit brand I can remember showing up here, and it shows up fairly often.

I thought you guys were crazy when I didn't see it by the end of the episode only to realize it was a double episode.