My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

dave ziegler

Most times when I go to Kinsey I tell my Buddy Don I call and leave a message But I have to do more looking when walking as kids toss stuff on the floors that makes it easy to trip. I want to get back to Building P and get some pictures of the stainless tanks in there. It was amazing how much Spirits they could store to bottle at one time up to 1,000,000 just amazes me a million Gal of whiskeys and Gins and all on one site just in tanks not counting the barreled Whiskey!

There will most likely never be a place like kinsey again, its days are as I say here memories but what a powerhouse it was for those of us who like some whiskey every day.

I was about to to do some shots of the Capacity of some of the tanks but when I fell in that office room I had to get outside to look at my hand as it was bleeding good. I grabed an old paper Lunch bad from 30 years ago and tore it and used the inside to hold on the cut to stop the bleeding till I got home then holding the paper to the cut took a walk down back got a couple of bottles and caps to fit them and then left.

I saw just the one big tank in Building P had a 2,000 gal capacity, and it had its own wood stairway to the top. I also want to see if any old timer hid any Bottles somewhere not yet found. They were good at hiding Whiskey and most times once they hid it could not find it themselves.

But with out racks there is not much hope of finding anything but looking is always fun.

I came by way of the second floor and there is nothing up there except one amazing thing after all these years about 30 it still smells strongly of Whiskey walking in from the fire escape balcony the first thing I noticed before I went down and looked around and fell was the Power full strong smell of Whiskey and it was so Dam Pleasant after all those years to smell whiskey so strong!

It took me back to the old days for a moment or to I just stood there enjoying the strong smell of aging whiskey the floors have soaked it up for many years long ago and the fact that this building is closed up good made it just come at me.

I tell you was pure Joy for me to smell it as in days long gone I stood there and thought about all those I worked with and the great Bourbons we made and the good jobs we had and it made the time special a moment back in time of sorts as I have said I would love to do.

They can sing take me home country roads

"I sing take me back To Kinsey Distillery- Kinsey Richest Of All Whiskeys, and Old Hickory America's Most magnificent Bourbon."

I wish every member could have seen her in her glory she was America's most Beautiful Distillery back then so many Years ago!!

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------

Inver House Scotch Soft As A Kiss

"the first thing I noticed before I went down and looked around and fell was the Power full strong smell of Whiskey and it was so Dam Pleasant after all those years to smell whiskey so strong!"

No wonder you fell!

It reminds me of the bottling room at BT....those people must be buzzed all day long....the room air alcohol was so strong. Probably common to all bottling operations.

Its far better then any inhaler ever made for sure and even after 30 yrs the smell and some moisture coming out of the floor if they made Conodo's there I would put in for Simulated Distillery one in other words lots of Bourbon smell coming out of the floor.

You have not seen anything unless you worked there and went into one of the wrehouses after it had been closed for weeks in the summer, you could about get loaded smelling but Boy did I love the whiskey smell and it never hurt me any! Today someone would sue and say It made them drunk or something but in the good old days it was just Fun.

When you went in the sealing all the way down about 2 foot was solid Blue vapors so it is no wonder why they had 3/4 inch thick glass fixtures that screwed with gaskets on each ligh making them explosion proof it was a major job putting a light bulb in.

In the time I worked in the warehouses I only remeber us droping one full barrel off the lift about 2 tiers up in the racks as the lift was coming down with it and it did not break just hit bounced a little and was fine boy would that have been a mess wasting all that good whiskey.

Filling the racks was harder then taking Barrels out as you had to move every one as tight as you could block it then get the next one and pull the rack holder and put in front of the next one.

I did not like taking barrels out of Old 1892 Warehouses A & B as you put a hook on each side of the barrel on the head pulled it tight with the hoist then lowered it that way, needless to say you stayed away from where it was coming down yet I never remember hearing of any falling and Ludy does not either and they did not use those two much anymore when I was in the warehouse crews.

You had to do this standing on the wood plateform between the racks 6 tiers or whatever and lean out put the hooks on hold it up and pull tight with the hoist then slowly you would lower it filling the racks would have been even worst but we did not fill them when I was doing that work they just took some vintage stuff out of those 2 buildings those yrs as by then it would be a safety thing.

Dave z

---------------------------------------------

Kinsey Richest of All Whiskeys

---------------------------------------------

Not too much as I remember more skining your fingers stuff like that I don't remember any one ever getting hurt bad or if they did, they did not say anything I guess as had to much to drink! Also after 2:00 PM the nurse was drinking her Bourbon and coffee every day so you really did not want to go there unless you had no choice. She sure loved making Coffee on a heat ring and pouring a healthy shot or two in it at 2:00PM.

I just saw in the paper this past Summer she passed away so she lived to be in her mid to late 80's so I guess the Bourbon did work for her health!

But the first day as a 19 yr old when she said she drank it for her health at 2:00 PM every day by direction of her Doctor I was dumb enough to believe it for awhile.

Those sure were good days so long ago and thinking about them gives me joy. Going to Kinsey is like going home after not being there many years.

Kinsey was even just looking from the road beautiful to look at coming down Linfield trappe road you would see gardens and perfect grass and trimmed nice trees and fir trees and no trash anywhere. No Buts no bags clean all through the Plant as Mr Si Neuman wanted it, as He loved the Place!

Walking around you would see deer walking and Pheasants and lots of Birds and rabbits. It was like working in a park the fellows who watch the place my friends said that they sure remember how lovely it looked back when they were kids growing up across from it.

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------

Philadelphia The Heritage Whiskey

-----------------------------------

Dave, it you have a knack for painting you could create some scenes that capture the way it used to be.....

Wish i could Paint but can not! I was at Kinsey for 4 hrs yesterday giving a tour to a man,woman and her son. They were amazed at the size of the place. I also got her to take a couple of pictures inside the big grain silo as I could not crawl through without getting Poison Ivy but she could so she took some great shots inside I will post tonight.

Her Husband knows alot about stainless and told me the two big Tanks in the middle of the Plant are 40 feet hight he could tell by the number of sections put together and He knew how big each section was.

The Tanks were built by Chicago Tank, Bridge & Iron Company in 1960 so the steel Plate states on each one. Can any one who lives out that way tell me are they still in Bussiness?

We also found looking around what each of the two tanks capacity was and they each held 499,022 Gals 78 gal. short of Half a million of spirits each for storage meaning that when the broshure spoke of storing from 2,000 to 1 Million it meant just one thing Item and that did not count the two big tanks out back or the many tanks outside and inside the Bottle House or the many tanks in warehouse's P & I which have several 2,000 Gal tanks. So I am guessing that all tanks filled including the two tanks that used to be in the woods which in the borshure are also giant that we had close to 2 million gals of tank storeage there.

Here again is a picture of one of the two stainless tanks. I never really relised how much spirits could be stored there till I went back on these walks through. We had unlimitted capacity I am going to have to look through my Papers for out put in the Big Bottle house. I also got another 80 to 100 year old light bulb from the Old bottle House the ladys son was very tall and was able to reach up and get me one and I showed hiom how to get the explosion proof cover off so he could get a bulb to they were the last two old ones there from the 1930's Edison style.

I took them down to the Old Kinsey House near the river it is sad how it going down and the top of the barn fell in and we discovered the Barn had a slate roof on it.

We spent 4 great hours walking and studing things I also took some shots one up through an old hollow wood piller that came from the grian bin above in the Grain finishing building and insside the worm trough that went out to the #12 still. I will post them tonight also.

Dave

-------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Richest Whiskey Of All

------------------------------------------------------

post-1964-14489815377706_thumb.jpg

Wish i could Paint but can not! I was at Kinsey for 4 hrs yesterday giving a tour to a man,woman and her son. They were amazed at the size of the place. I also got her to take a couple of pictures inside the big grain silo as I could not crawl through without getting Poison Ivy but she could so she took some great shots inside I will post tonight.

Her Husband knows alot about stainless and told me the two big Tanks in the middle of the Plant are 40 feet hight he could tell by the number of sections put together and He knew how big each section was.

The Tanks were built by Chicago Tank, Bridge & Iron Company in 1960 so the steel Plate states on each one. Can any one who lives out that way tell me are they still in Bussiness?

We also found looking around what each of the two tanks capacity was and they each held 499,022 Gals 78 gal. short of Half a million of spirits each for storage meaning that when the broshure spoke of storing from 2,000 to 1 Million it meant just one thing Item and that did not count the two big tanks out back or the many tanks outside and inside the Bottle House or the many tanks in warehouse's P & I which have several 2,000 Gal tanks. So I am guessing that all tanks filled including the two tanks that used to be in the woods which in the borshure are also giant that we had close to 2 million gals of tank storeage there.

Here again is a picture of one of the two stainless tanks. I never really relised how much spirits could be stored there till I went back on these walks through. We had unlimitted capacity I am going to have to look through my Papers for out put in the Big Bottle house. I also got another 80 to 100 year old light bulb from the Old bottle House the ladys son was very tall and was able to reach up and get me one and I showed hiom how to get the explosion proof cover off so he could get a bulb to they were the last two old ones there from the 1930's Edison style.

I took them down to the Old Kinsey House near the river it is sad how it going down and the top of the barn fell in and we discovered the Barn had a slate roof on it.

We spent 4 great hours walking and studing things I also took some shots one up through an old hollow wood piller that came from the grian bin above in the Grain finishing building and insside the worm trough that went out to the #12 still. I will post them tonight also.

Dave

-------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Richest Whiskey Of All

------------------------------------------------------

I just found a site for CBi and they are a very hi tech company so the tanks that we had at Kinsey were very high quality when built!

The Picture above on the page before this quote shows one of the two big CBi Stainless tanks

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

What spiritis would end up in the steel tanks? I would imagine the bourbon was barreled and put in rick houses.....were the tanks intermediary holding places until barreled or were they dump points in the bottling process?

Or were they used for the other lines of spirits?

Great Question Jono they were holding tanks for spirits to be bottled! When we dumped alot of the time it went there to make sure there was plenty in the pipeline.

The two big tanks in the back were used the same way there would be bourbons and other spirits dumped and then weighed in the little weigh house across from last warehouse at the back Warehouse #38 and then pumped back to the tanks in the woods. They were long gone before I could ever get pictures of them but that is how it worked as Ludy told me. Also a tanker of ready to use whiskey from phila as they also had some aging Warehouses there I have been told or stuff bought from another distiller could be pumped right from a rail set that goes right behind the Weigh house. They would bring the car there weigh and pump till the car was empty then take the car our of the plant.

I remember those old Publicker Ind Rail tankers well. The two big tanks I have talked about on this page capacity 499,022 Gal each I have a picture here had their own weigh tank in there between them as can be seen in earlier pictures I have posted of them. They could pump down to them from out back and from them right to the Big 1966 Bottling House.

There were sytems of Stainless steel piping all over the Plant alot has been stolen but some still hang between the warehouses. Also using the tanks in Warehouse P and warehouse I, they could pump different spirits at the same time as there were lines and pipes marked inside the back side of the bottling that had Bourbon, Gin Whiskey,Scotch and Vodka. I took a picture of them one time when I could still get in there and then I broke a couple of them off to preserve and have them at home. They stated Bourbon line ect.

We had so much capcity it still amazes me and makes me sad that such a great tankage and bottling set up is gone forever!

Like the song would say Where Have you Gone Kinsey Continental Distilling the Distilled sprits Drinkers lift their lonely eyes to you!

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------------

It seems all the Nicest people drink old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

------------------------------------------------------------

I bet the train crews were able to relieve the tanks of the small amount unable to get pumped out (if not before!)! I am sure more than enough to fill some flasks!

Chooo choooooooo!

Here are some pictures taken on Sunday when I gave a 4 Hr tour of Kinsey to a Man his wife and their Son. They just e mailed me a very nice letter thanking me and saying how much fun they had and what a neat Place Kinsey is.

Pictures

1. through 6. Are inside the Big Kinsey Grain Silo out front the Lady & Her Husband on the tour I took went inside to get these for me with my Camera

7. & 8. I took these inside the Grain worm in the old Grain processing building this worm sent the grain to DSP-Pa.-12

9. Inside Hollow Wooden beam that brought grain down from the wood vat above on these Plates inide to the grain finishing Machine then to the worms and to the Still!

10. Painted Sign you can just see Continental Distilling Bonded Warehouse B this warehouse was built in 1892 By Jacob G Kinsey this is one of two that brought barrels down from the wood racks by a chain hoist with hooks on the Barrel head.

11. The Last Picture is of the painted area on one of the two giant Storage tanks in the middle of the plant if you look close you can see it say 499,022 gal or 78 gal short of half a million gal.

The people had such a good time I may be taking them back for some more pictures and History Information. Their son really liked the history stuff I told them and I myself had a great time. Their Son says it should be a livng Museum and I should have a little bus to take people on tours would that not be Fun!

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Richest Of All Whiskeys

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

America's most magnificent Bourbon

------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-1964-1448981537937_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815379767_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815380171_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815380565_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815380975_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815381375_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815407781_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815408216_thumb.jpg

post-1964-144898154086_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815408971_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815409374_thumb.jpg

One of the unusual things that Continental Distilling had and did back during their days of operation was that they had if not the biggest one of the biggest Coppering factories where they designed and built all their Whiskey Barrels and also their own school which fully trained people to build and asemble a barrel completely by themself. Ludy took that training and as I posted awhile back and still has his barrel He built there.

I wonder if any of the other big Distillers Like National had a copperage plant of their own or did they buy fromm one of the independent makers?

The School and Factory were in Marcus Hook Pa. and from what Ludy has told me was very Big and trained you very good. I will never forget the giant Barrels they brought in after we took all the racks out they were double the size of a normal Barrel. While Si Neuman was Living we were always looking for new idea's that would make a better product and at a price to keep the finished product at a afordable price for everyone.

I am hoping when my Friend that was a top Ex for Publicker gets out here to Pa that he will have some pictures of the Copperage plant, he has told me he has all kinds of industrial pictures of The Phila Plant and Kinsey from way back during Operation so I am excited about that.

I am also excited about the Barrels that Fricky is finishing up for us from Kinsey they both say Rye Mash Whiskey on the Head, Continental Distilling and the year 1971 the last year I worked there and as you could see when I posted them are complete and in good shape they will be a real treasure when finished.

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

------------------------------------------------------------

In looking at the Promotion pictures I just posted on the Bottling House thread I saw something I never knew The Last two Pictures I discovered, we made back in 1971 the new 24" plastic Inver House Scotch Gift Bottle. I think it was a display bottle only after now reading it fully I would love to find one of these.

Dave Z

Inver House Soft As A Kiss

------------------------------------------------

Tonight I was sitting here by myself,sitting and drinking some of Our Peanut Lolita Bottled all those 30 + yrs ago which is the one liqour I love and as I drank it I thought back all those years to the day a 19 yr old Kid working in the yard gang went into the old Kinsey Bottle house for the first time. It was then the only Bottling house I had ever seen and I was amazed watching the liqour flowing in the bottles going down one side and filling from the bottom up one side while a vacume held everything else out.

The old bottle house was beautiful then clean and cranking out 3 lines of Liqour. That day one of the lines was doing products for Jacquins and the Ladies working there were very happy as they had lots of Liqours to due for this order from Jacquins.

The singer machines were working great and as I cleaned the floor I thought WOW this is awesome.

The Old Ladies knew what they were doing and product was flowing out as quick as the singers could bottle it. The stuff would go to the far end where it was cased then it was lifted up through the floor in the open trap door I Have captured in my pictures of the old bottle house.

All the time the old time Edison Light bulbes lighting the place up. I never in my life thought there would be a day the building would sit with its second floor fallen down never to make our Lolitas again.

I never even dreamed I would bring some of the Bulbs home and take pictures of the place in ruin. Life is never what you think,if it was Kinsey would still be there operating and making some of the best Spirits ever made!

So Tonight I lift a toast to all those who made both our Bottling houses run so smooth and to their Memory they were good old fashion Hard working people of the type that make America great.

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The richest Of All Whiskeys

Here is a Picture of the pay stub of my Old friend Walt Harrington who ran the Kinsey Benifit club when I worked there this was from the last yrs 1983 the company ran and he was then working in the bottling House. The other picture is of two of our Original Office Photo's of display ads for products the first beinfg one telling people to buy our Caffe Lolital and make a milk Shake with it. The second One was a picture of the early display for Imported Inver House Green Plaid I have two of these units of the Red Plaid but none of the Green one put togther on which I have my Inver House collection and one never used.

All these things keep Kinsey and Continental / Publicker Industries alive for History and I am most thankful I can do this and write about them and save al these things from the trash heep!

Quick Note I have also posted Pictures in the Fire room thread and the Bottling house thread!-----------It is Now time to go to Kinsey for a walk and hopefully find something Exciting!

These writings are a work of Love for the Company and Kinsey Distillery which was the Most Beautiful Distilling / Bottling / and Warehousing Plany of its kind in its time.

"As the Ad would Say Kinsey This Ones For You"

Dave Z

Kinsey The Genial Gin

Join The Swing To Kinsey

post-1964-1448981541693_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815417234_thumb.jpg

I went back to Kinsey On Sunday and got some more pictures and a couple of cool things the Pictures are

1. A Old Inver House Red Plaid Display unit sitting and rotting in O building

2. thru 6. Tanks in Warehouse P

7. & 8. Old Warehouse H got part way in the door pictue of Frieght Elevater and looking down through.

I was able to Get Fricky a Inver House Red Plaid Display never put together and I assembled it and gave it to him. I will post the last of these pictures tonight or Tuesday as it is 5:45-AM and time to go to work!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Z

post-1964-14489815420671_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815421066_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981542148_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815421877_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815422257_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815422636_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815422888_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815423147_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815420671_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815421066_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981542148_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815421877_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815422257_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815422636_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815422888_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815423147_thumb.jpg

On Sunday I was able to get inside the other smaller with windows grain silo and took these pictures before the poison ivy and weeds take over again! Here are four pictures of the inside of the Silo.

The large wooden hollow box at the top ran out the side and into the old Grain drying building and from that building to the grain finishing building I took pictures of the worms gears in two weeks ago it would finally go into the DSP-Pa-12 to be distilled.

I very much regret that I did not get back to Kinsey when the Old Still was there as I would have gotten pictures from top to bottom but at least I have a picture of the back of it.

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------

post-1964-14489815427687_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815428098_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815428542_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815428945_thumb.jpg

Well I got some great news tonight I took an extra copy I had of my blue print of the Warehouses from 1961 to my friends that watch the place and when I got there they presented me with the 1940 Explosion proof Phone from the Tankage area of Warehouse P that I posted a picture of Last week!

Picture 1. of it shows it hanging in the office next to the tanks in Warehouse P

Picture 2. here it is sitting on my chair.

I am going to talk to my friend who worked for Bell & AT&T for 40 yrs and see if it is possible to wire it to work at home! If so I will get it done as when I am gone it can go to the Getz to be on the wall and used for fun.

They also said they will look and see if there is a better one there and if so get it for me if that happens I will send one of them to the Getz there are 3 I think there!

I can hardly wait to answer the Phone by saying Hello Kinsey Distillery a Division of Continental Distilling a Part of Publicker Industries!

I all ready have the regular wall phone from warehouse M a 1940 hanging in my living room and I got my friend to rewire it.

I was just amazed that they got it for me the only thing that is not perfect is a piece is broken out at the bottom from the cast where the receiver wire comes out.

This is a awesome thing to have and will someday go to a museum somewhere, I have that written in my will about my Distillery stuff to make sure.

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------------------

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

post-1964-14489815432466_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815432858_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave,

I haven't posted in any of these threads before as I don't really have anything constructive to add. I just thought I would say my thank you for taking the time to take these photos and share them. I can only imagine that it is difficult to watch a place that you obviously care so much for fading away.

Please make sure your images are backed up well so a computer glitch doesn't rob you of all this history. Stay safe out there and keep them coming as they are enjoyed.

Cheers,

Morgan :)

Thank You Morgan I reaaly enjoy talking about the Company and its people. Tonight A friend is supposed to wire my Explosion proof Phone so I can use it. At work today another friend made a box to sit it in. I did some research at work today and now have a list of "Aliases used By Kinsey Distillery during the pre Pro time By Mr Kinsey tonight I will scan them and put them on. They come from a pre Prohibition Web site they also show my information was right about Angelo Myers name being used there to market Mr Kinsey's Whiskey's. One of the early Aliases-- was--- " Longaker & Kinsey".

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old hickory

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

Here are the Lists I researched on the web of Aliases Names used by Mr Kinsey before Prohibition to sell his Whiskeys. When He reopened it at 75 yrs old after Prohibition was over He used only his own name till he went Bankrupt in fall of 1939.

As It states and I have said many times Mr Jacob G Kinesy was the only owner and the builder of Kinsey Distillery till it was sold to Continental Distilling sometime in 1940 by silent auction.

His Great nephew Al Landis said even at 75 yrs Old Mr Kinsey never gave up on his Distillery and when at 75 Most people would just want to take it easy He wanted to reopen and make Kinsey a success asking Al Landis and Al's Dad Horace as master Distiller to work for him He also Later Hired my Friend Ludy in 1936.

Al's Father Horace went on to Be Continental Distillings master Distiller for all the time the Kinsey DSP -pa 12 & Dsp-pa 10 ran under the Continental name sometime in 1951 from what I can find.

Then in 1964 was personally sent By Mr Neuman over to Scotland to help set up the continous and Pot still's built there in the training of Distillers and how to run them.

Al Told me last spring that His Dad Horace and Mr Si Neuman were very good friends and Mr Neuman wanted his fathers experiance as master Distiller to be used to train the Men who would run his Inver House Distillery many years at great success!

Al said they always called His great Uncle Jake Kinsey Pop and he has many fond memories of Mr Kinsey who he has told me was a wonderful Man!

Jacob G Kinsey died sometime around 1952 at age 94 The Kinsey Distillery closed for all operations in the year 1986 and was founded in 1892 making its yrs of opeartion 94 yrs!

Here are the printed sheets with the Aliase names

Dave Z

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey

For Unhurried Moments

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

post-1964-14489815433481_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815433718_thumb.jpg

Here is a piece of Paper work that I found a few months ago dated 1974 when they put the bigger tank in Warehouse P where my Explosion proof phone came from! Also two pictures of the two never put together Cases I found in P Building and put together for my collection.

1. Paper work about the tankage I have pictures of a couple of days ago posted on #441

2&3. The two vintage Whiskey cases Glen Flagler & Pinwinnie Scotch from Inver House division of Continental Distilling.

Also My Explosion proof Phone Pictures Posted on #443 is now hooked up in the Living room next to my Collection. It works except for the Bell which does not ring but I have other phones that ring so not a problem. Its cool having it working that I can call someone with it.

I may take a walk To Kinsey today it depends on how the weather is if it clears up.

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Niceat people Drink Old Hickory

post-1964-14489815458179_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815458487_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815458847_thumb.jpg

Jeff Every Bottle even the 1/10 came with a Fancy box for each bottle a Purple Bag a Brass Medal and an owners manual. I have a couple of Mini's with their little box and the Bag Ludy gave me. I also Have a little owners manual that I found in the Plant and I was able to buy the Brass Medalion on Line to make my collection complete.

I would have loved to have gotten into Kinsey before the Kids smashed some surviving Pinwinnie Green rocker bottles but I found about 3 of them smashed to pieces a couple of years ago.

My Buddy Don found one of the Brass medalions on the floor where the bottles were smashed about 2 yrs ago.

I am always looking for a full unbroken Pinwinnie Rocker Bottle from the company but have never seen any yet. On line or anywhere!

My Explosion proof Phone works good but does not ring which is no big deal as I have plenty of other phones that ring to let me know.

I guess I am the only Person crazy enough to have such a phone to use and I have it right next to my Distillery collection so it fits perfectly. I took a walk around Kinsey for about an Hour and found another different Glen Flag Ler Scotch Case not put together I got it and one for my Buddy Don and I will put them together at work today.

I called my friends to let them know some of the buildings were ripped open again and He told me a bunch of Kids with Paint Ball guns were walking in the front and He called the cops but did not know if they would come. I hope they did not ruin anything else as I just Hate the way the place is going down.

I am going to look through the many pieces of Paper work I have gotten through the yrs and see what else I have of Interest to post. I did not relise I had the paper about the tanks in Warehouse P that I posted pictures of on #441 till yesterday morning when I was looking through my Label collection and found the paper there. My Phone was in a small office built into the wall in the fenced in Tank section of Warehouse P.

Dave Z

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=