What are you drinking tonight? (Summer '07)

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Congrats RedVette on the promotion!!

Tonight, I decided to break open my first ever pour of Pappy 12 Lot B.... Very good!! I am smoking an Opus Perfection X, but decided to wait until the first pour was gone before lighting up, in order to avoid overpowering such a fine bourbon.

I seem to get a bunch of cherry flavor with this pour. I started with it neat, had a few sips, then added one ice cube. It seems to really have changed the flavor to almost a leather or woodsy profile. Still very tasty, and very smooth!!

I think next I am going to pour an OGD114 to pair with tonight's stick.

...I'm celebrating my promotion to Vice President of my company tonight...

Rob, toasting with a pour of some first-issue WTKS, of which I believe you have a pour. Quality for quality. :toast:

Well I am on a rye kick as of late. Started it out when a friend turned myon to Templeton Rye. Then because of what I read here Rittenhouse Rye BIB. And then when I was on vacation I picked up a bottle WT rye. Saz Jr will be next buy. Tonight before dinner I had a WT rye and then a pour of Maker's Mark. The Maker's sure had a wonderful smell but it seemed kinda bland to the taste. Maybe I got used to the sweetness of the ryes? Who knows but I sure am enjoying the journey.

Sorry to hear about your car TNbourbon. Congrats on your promotion RedVette.

Last night, one AAA 10 year, one Weller Antique, and a VWFRR to round it out.

Got in last night on a late flight after a week on the road in a hotel whose bar only had JBW... "decompressed" on the deck with a couple of healthy pours of ER17.

Got in last night on a late flight after a week on the road in a hotel whose bar only had JBW... "decompressed" on the deck with a couple of healthy pours of ER17.

John,

I'm a little bit worried here. Did you actually drink the JBW?? I think you should consider one of those Hazmat showers they give you when you come into contact with nasties.:slappin:

Scott

Last night it was several cans of Jim Beam White Label with Cola.:bigeyes:

They were offered to me by a well-meaning friend and I didn't want to be rude :skep:

Had a few Lot Bs neat with my brother, and now am enjoying a Fuente King B with a Pappy 15... This stuff is addicting!! I went to the wetbar, and through the ten-twelve open bottles, all I seem t reach for the past couple days is this Pappy 15....

Is there any others that have this thick, full flavored profile I should look for? Or is Pappy pretty much in a league of its own? It is fantastic!!

After my earlier cocktails (see the Non-Whiskey forum), I'm now trying my first pour of Dickel Barrel Select. I like, I like. I'm getting a toffee-like flavor out of this, and a hint of smoke, too. This is one to go on my top shelf...

I was in the rare mood for a mixer so 3 cubes in a lowball glass, some lemon juice, a bit of jack, and some wild cherry pepsi. Quite refreshing, too bad I don't have any maraschino's on hand. Time to toss the sockeye on the grill!

John,

I'm a little bit worried here. Did you actually drink the JBW?? I think you should consider one of those Hazmat showers they give you when you come into contact with nasties.:slappin:

Scott

No... I went with JD as the only acceptable alternative.

Did you actually drink the JBW?? I think you should consider one of those Hazmat showers they give you when you come into contact with nasties.

I'd rather drink my Stagg than be showered with it. ;)

Tonight, I got a bit experimental - first, making some Negronis with Hendrick's Gin instead of Plymouth. I'm finding Hendrick's works better at 2:1:1 instead of 1:1:1; the subtle flavors in Hendrick's are lost in the traditional mix ratio.

Then, I got even more experimental, and made what is essentially a Whiskey Negroni with Rittenhouse BIB. I suppose this falls into the Manhattan Special category, but with Negroni-style 1:1:1 proportions. Scrumptious!

Tonight its OCPR 13 followed by some Early Times mint julep that is almost empty. I may be donating to the empty botlle support group toight!

Thomas

OC 12 yr, I think that I can get one more pour from the bottle. It's getting hard to find the old black label "Classic" around here. I know its the same but I just like the old label...

A very very cold beer :) It's rather hot here. Last night I drank just 1,5 oz. bourbon (Ten High), though.

Would you believe barrel-proof four-grain?:rolleyes: :bigeyes:

What began as a three-glass toast to Barrel_Proof's birthday -- Wm. Larue Weller (wheated), GTStagg (rye bourbon) and Handy Sazerac (straight rye); I always pour too much of the barrel-proofs -- has transmogrified into a vatting of the three to wind up with a roughly 134-proof four-grainer.

It's really not bad -- which makes it, again, regrettable that Woodford Reserve's attempt in that direction didn't come out better. I hope someone will(is) try(trying) again, using perhaps an older still and longer aging.

But, now I have too much 3X -- so, I'm going to add some mixin's...Yep, makes a pretty good Jacked Up and Coke.

Rittenhouse 80. I prefer the 100, but for some reason the store I frequent has had the 80 and not the 100? I will have to check into why that is? But I must admit I am surprised by the 80, it has nice flavor and a finish that last's a good while. For $13.55 might be my favorite lower priced pour.

:toast:

Finally, after being dry for the last 8 days, I had a small pour of Old Fitz BIB (early 80's). I need to stop being so busy....it's interfering with my drinking.

I am drinking Old Grand-Dad 114, but not for long, it looks like only two more shots left.

But I ain't complaining I got other choices.

Speaking of not complaining, it is 72 degrees with a breeze from the north, I just lit the grill and awaiting my bride to come home to throw on a couple of strips.

The Tigers have the best record in the Majors and I am on vacation the next two weeks!!

Looks like a future multi-visit to the Empty Bottle Support Group Thread is in my future. :cool:

I am drinking Old Grand-Dad 114, but not for long, it looks like only two more shots left.

But I ain't complaining I got other choices.

Speaking of not complaining, it is 72 degrees with a breeze from the north, I just lit the grill and awaiting my bride to come home to throw on a couple of strips.

The Tigers have the best record in the Majors and I am on vacation the next two weeks!!

Looks like a future multi-visit to the Empty Bottle Support Group Thread is in my future. :cool:

Go on and live large Oscar!! I'll have a 114 with you.

:toast:

JOE

Well, now it just happens I have an old ND (tax-stripped, c. 1981) OGD114 open here, too -- good choice, Oscar!:toast:

And now, to bed...

No OGD 114 open, sadly.

But this EWSB 1994 is pretty nice, too. Knob Creek and then Baker's up next. There seems some logic to a HH product made by a Beam followed by a couple of Beam products...and the increasing proofs should be nice, too.:grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!