Four Roses Salutes Rutledge with "Barrel Strength" Limited-Edition Bourbon

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Now I am stoked. I read the press release and it is coming to Illinois by the end of the year. I'm sure I won't be able to get the barrel strenght stuff but a close by supply of single barrel and small batch is very exciting. How long until I can get some in Wisconsin?

I know Gary Gillman tried a different bottle and was not thrilled, but what a difference in bottles. I tasted 1018 of 1442. Unbelievable. Nose of cotton candy and the candy from candy apples. Taste was extremely lush and sweet with dark fruits abounding. A very long finish with the candy holding thru the finish. One of the best, if not the best bourbon I've ever had. I wish I had a case of this bottling, which was the 102.8 proof. A fitting tribute to Jim Rutledge who Is a great Master Distiller and one of the nicest guys on the planet.:woohoo:

Joe :usflag:

I stopped by the Liquor Barn off Westport in Louisville praying that the BTAC 2007 had shown up (no luck) and saw that they had six bottles of this on a Four Roses display case in the area between the bourbon shelves. I didn't see any on Fern Valley earlier in the week. I haven't stopped by Hurstbourne lately.

So what's up with this guy?

I called him,(Guthrie) last Monday to send me up a bottle of the Willet Estate Bourbon.

But he would "ship it out tomorrow".

Still ain't got it.

Crow eating time.

Apology time.

Feel like an ass time.

And a humiliating public embarassment time.

Guess what I got in the mail Saturday?

A beautiful bottle of Willett Estate Bourbon.

Selected for Toddy's & Dougz Fall Festival 2007

Distilled 5/21/03

Four years old

125.4 proof

Bottle No. 125 of 216

Warehouse B

Rick 54

Barrel No. 2

I have been to Toddy's twice, Oct '05 and Oct. '06 and dropped $450.00 over those two visits.

I met Guthrie the first time, a very personable guy, we had a good chat about bourbon.

I was looking over his selection, which is very good, and he asked me what I thought about Basil Hayden.

I said that it was much a-do about nothing.

He smiled and gave me a thumbs up as if to say, yeah this guy knows bourbon.

Being new to the world of bourbon I felt like I passed a test and now I am in the club.

I wonder if my quick-trigger-hot-tempered post was brought to his attention? hhmmm.

Oh well, I'll be going to KY in a few weeks or so, maybe I should stop in at Toddy's and recieve a deserved verbal ass kicking for being a dumb jerk.

I wasn't really looking for it, but happened to find a bottle on a store shelf in Louisville and grabbed it. It was a 17-1G. Don't bother asking where, because it was their last one.

I wasn't really looking for it, but happened to find a bottle on a store shelf in Louisville and grabbed it. It was a 17-1G. Don't bother asking where, because it was their last one.

I am very surprised to hear that there are still some of these on the shelves in Kentucky. Think there will still be any when I get there in April? :slappin: :lol: :slappin:

I have 3 bottles from barrel 15-1c, I believe they were the highest proof. Anyway, it will be a few months before our family gets together and I open one. I’m getting anxious though, so has anyone opened a bottle from this barrel? Initial impressions? What little I’ve read, the barrels vary considerably. Between all of us here, has each one been tasted?

Tim

I saw a half dozen or so on a display stand at the "little" (Fern Valley) Liqour Barn in Louisville last week.

So far we have bottles from:

151A 104.4 proof (mine says 52.5%--that's 105 proof?)

151B 100.4 proof

151C 104.6 proof

171A 104.0 proof

171B 99.4 proof

171C 102.8 proof

171D 102.2 proof

171F 101.4 proof

171G 101.6 proof

That's nine barrels. There's gotta be more??

If you have an extra 171G and want a different bottling....send me a pm ;)

Dawn

That's nine barrels. There's gotta be more??

Dawn

There were Ten in all. You still need one.

Joe :usflag:

This is very nice stuff.... a fine representation of Rutledge and FR. Makes me excited about what other treasures are lurking in those rickhouses.

I am in Louisville and would like to know where i can get some..I did not see any in Liquor Barn yesterday..Anyone know another store to go to? Thanks

Which Liquor Barn did you go to? I saw some last week at the Fern Valley one.

I did not see any at Party Mart yesterday, but I was not looking specifically for it. I have not been to the other two Liquor Barns lately, but I am pretty sure it was gone from the Hurstbourne one weeks ago.

I left 3 on the shelf at a Liquor Barn in Lexington as I thought 9 was enough. I have since talked to Dawn who informed me I might have been wrong:grin: !!!

Tony

it was the hurstbourne lane barn,Craig..I called Old Town liquors when i got home and they have some..$57.99 per bottle and one per cust..What have you guys been paying for this stuff?

That's a good price. I paid $60 at the Hurstbourne Liquor Barn.

See if they have any of the single barrel Old Weller left when you go to Old Town. If they have the second barrel in, let me know!

While on Bardstown Road, I recommend stopping by WHY Louisville for your souvenir needs. They've got interesting T-shirts and postcards and posters. WHY stands for "What Have You", a quote from the Big Lebowski.

See if they have any of the single barrel Old Weller left when you go to Old Town. If they have the second barrel in

Old Weller Single Barrel?

Is this a different bottle from the Old Weller Antique?

Old Weller Single Barrel?

Is this a different bottle from the Old Weller Antique?

This is Old Weller Antique 107 proof, only it is a single barrel that was hand selected by a group of people, some of whom are members here (myself included, in this case) The first batch of bottles seems to be gone, but a second batch of bottles (from a second barrel we picked) was recently bottled and should be currently in stock.

This sounds most interesting.

When did you do that first bottle?

Does anyone have an extra?

Could I get in on this current bottle?

I have a bottle of Old Weller Antique, picked it up a little over two years ago but I haven't gottten to it yet.

$54.99 in Lexington for 6 bottles of the 40th The other 3 of my haul were $59.99. I also ran to Old Town last Sunday for the Weller and they told me they were out. Not sure if that's true but that's what I was told...I may not have known the double top secret password!!! I did get a Party Source Antique 107.

Tony

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.