Where's Your Dickel?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

K&L Hollywood has at least 5 bottles of the Barrel Select. They have a couple bottles of #12 left as well. Not to be unsportsmanlike, but I'd rather not reveal my "dusty spots" - however, if you want the #8, check Manhattan Fine Wines in Manhattan Beach.

• 1 month later...

Its on the shelves here in northeast IN. (Ft. Wayne) I just bought some No. 12 and I like it much better the JD black. Tony DVC

• 1 month later...

Nowhere to be found -- HELP!!! Usually there are three stores I can go to & get Dickel No.12 . . . one is often out and the other two almost always have some . . . I've been stopping into my local haunts every Friday (delivery day) for four weeks now and haven't seen a single bottle! People must be getting wise to this great deal ($13.99!).

Hopefully this shortage will be rectified soon and I can stock up . . . I'll buy at least three bottles to give myself some peace of mind...

...and piece of Dickel.

Are you serious?

Dickel 12 for $13.99?

It's around 24 bucks here.

Totally -- apparently it's too good of a deal . . . sonofabitch!!!

Geez how much is JD there?

• 1 month later...

Dickel 12 has finally made its triumphant return to the Chicagoland area. And so I picked up a bottle because I'd never tried it but I hear good things about it.

Seems light, sweetish and a bit citrus-y. It's different from the style I usually drink, but not in a bad way at all. I had to let Baby Saz grow on me; this will definitely grow on me as well.

Nosed in the bottle, it gives a very strong note of brewer's yeast, of all things. :)

Oh, speaking of Dickel....where exactly is it aged and bottled?

I'd have assumed at the distillery, but the bottom of the label says "Bottled by George Dickel & Co, Stamford, CT".

Is it really shipped to Connecticut to be bottled?

It's aged in Tullahoma. It's bottled wherever Diageo has bottling capacity that week. For a while, it was being bottled in Canada.

It's aged in Tullahoma.

That's not the only place. I've seen MANY Dickel barrels ageing in the warehouses at Stitzel-Weller in Shively.

Joe :usflag:

• 2 weeks later...

I came across a stash of 1.75 old #8's. Is there a way to date these???

I know of a shortage of the #8.... could these be a new batch???

Any info is appreciated.

well, I just found a whole lot more..... I guess there is no shortage after all !!!:grin:

I've noticed the number of places I can usually find Dickel 12 have dwindled some in the last couple months. It may mean nothing....but It could mean something....

Here in Europe were we have had no 8 for sale in all online stores all the time and still, it seem that no 12 of some reason have started to drain out. I don’t know why, but my guess is that nobody is importing it at the moment. A bit odd as the 3-year has started to show up just recently.

Leif

i can actually find a lot more #8's that the 12's. I haven't seen any of the Cascade Hollow...

• 1 month later...

I noticed today that one of our SoCal liquor stores now has Dickel #8, first time I've seen it in recent memory. Now, how does it compare to the beloved #12?

I noticed today that one of our SoCal liquor stores now has Dickel #8, first time I've seen it in recent memory. Now, how does it compare to the beloved #12?

I like it a little better than the #12 but they're both worth picking up. And both better than JD Black Label.

No. 12, CH, and BS are readily available in Dallas. I've not seen No. 8 in two or three years. By the way, just when I have come to expect and even appreciate the "chocks" taste of No. 12, it was gone from the bottle I bought last week. No. 12 is one of my favorite whiskeys at any price. BS is also excellent and unusual.

• 3 weeks later...

Dickel 12 finaly made a re-apearance at the Milan Hy-Vee. I picked up a bottle along with a Weller Antique.

Unfortunately, I've lost the receipt. I left it at the Hy-Vee gas station (they offer a discount if you produce a receipt from the grocery store) I absent mindedly left it on the counter. But I'm sure the price for the Dickel 12 was 21 dollars and change. That's cheaper than what I payed the last time, not by much, a buck or two if I remember correctly. A pleasant surprise.

I've now seen the 8 at two or three stores in Southern California. It's definitely back in the area.

I've got a Dickel 12 on the bar waiting to be opened..... Unfortunately the open Barrel Select is nearly gone though.

It's not available here....these were bottles imported from the US, so when they go, there's no more unless I order from Binnys or such again :smiley_acbt:

I've got a Dickel 12 on the bar waiting to be opened..... Unfortunately the open Barrel Select is nearly gone though.

It's not available here....these were bottles imported from the US, so when they go, there's no more unless I order from Binnys or such again :smiley_acbt:

No sign of the #8 around here, but #12 is full effect. I think the 8 is gone from MI for good. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.