Another 4Roses SB?

Vange
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did I mention, its going to come in a wooden box with a slide up cover, kind of like the old KBD Noah's Mill, Booker's thing.

Ed:

Thanks for the preview and notes. Looking forward to trying this; hopefully Binny's will come through.

...It appears the release has been delayed "a little" but should be "soon"...

Let's hope they realize 'soon' should be BEFORE or ALONG WITH the Sampler occurrence. And, ship heavily to Bardstown.

Let's hope they realize 'soon' should be BEFORE or ALONG WITH the Sampler occurence. And, ship heavily to Bardstown.

Yeah, there will be a lot of disappointed people if this doesn't hit by sampler weekend. Myself included!

I hope the box doesn't increase the price a la American Spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an email I received in response to my question about Four Roses 120th- I also visited Party Outlet and Liquor Barn... The guy from LB is supposed to call Thurs with more info on a date for FR 120th -Joe

Hi Joe

We believe that it will be available this month

If it is anything like the other special Four Roses offerings, it should fly off the shelves very quickly. For that reason, you may want to ask your favorite retailer to hold some back for you.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Best regards, Al Young

Brand Ambassador

Four Roses Bourbon

So once again, those of us without connections to KY are SOL?

4R needs to step up distribution to Cali. Espically San Diego. Espically Holiday Wine Cellar.

Do it now!

I'm still sort of looking for the 40th!

The guy from Liquor Barn (Fern Valley) was supposed to call me today at work...when he didn't call, I called them...and they gave me the name of the guy who buys for them, Steven Chancellor (Springhurst store).

Steven is out til Monday, so I'll try then, but people are sure being hush-hush about when FR 120th is due out.

-Joe

I stopped by the Fern Valley Liquor Barn this afternoon. It wasn't out anywhere, and the guy stocking the shelves said "June". To me that just means "not yet".

Derby plates and cups are discounted, but not enough yet. I'll wait a week or two and hit the bigger stores. Derby plastic cups and paper plates are a big hit when I visit Georgia, even if I did by them long after the event.

I stopped by the Fern Valley Liquor Barn this afternoon. It wasn't out anywhere, and the guy stocking the shelves said "June". To me that just means "not yet".

I to was there today.

On my way home from Alabama,(death in the family) I stopped at the Fern Valley Liquor Barn around 11am.

I asked a shelf stocker the same question and he did not know but said he would check for me, never did come back with an answer, so I assume he had it ready for when you came in.

I was there around three in the afternoon.

While there I looked for that 10 year old Heaven Hill being discussed here, and I was struck by how much smaller the bourbon selection is at that location.

I see on the four roses site that Jim Rutledge recently did another tasting at the Middletown Kroger. I need to check in more often. I'm surprised I didn't get an email.

I see on the four roses site that Jim Rutledge recently did another tasting at the Middletown Kroger. I need to check in more often. I'm surprised I didn't get an email.

Craig, I'd really like to get in on some of the tastings around the area... How do I get on the email list or lists?

Sounds like the Fern Valley Liquor Barn is a good place to gather with other SBers...I wonder if the Sams next door would let us set up a tent in their parking lot? (not likely)

-Joe

Fern Valley is third on my list of the three Liquor Barns. Both the others are bigger and have a better selection.

I did not get any info about the appearance at Kroger ahead of time. I usually hear about these things through the Four Roses Mellow Moments Club. I am not a member of any of the other distilleries clubs, so I don't know how it compares, but I can tell you that it is well worth the money. Ahem. Seriously, it's been great.

Fern Valley is third on my list of the three Liquor Barns. Both the others are bigger and have a better selection.

I did not get any info about the appearance at Kroger ahead of time. I usually hear about these things through the Four Roses Mellow Moments Club. I am not a member of any of the other distilleries clubs, so I don't know how it compares, but I can tell you that it is well worth the money. Ahem. Seriously, it's been great.

Craig, Thanks...I just joined the club after having passed the rigorous test:lol: And passed the link to my other bourbon loving friends here at work. I'm going to have to pay a visit to the two other Liquor Barns for sure.

-Joe

Sounds like the Fern Valley Liquor Barn is a good place to gather with other SBers...I wonder if the Sams next door would let us set up a tent in their parking lot? (not likely)

That is a very good idea, we could call it The Traveling Gazebo.

I hit Fern Valley a lot because it's convenient if I'm on my way to Bardstown. The other one I use is Hurstbourne. It's interesting that they are set differently. You would expect more consistency from a chain.

But back to the subject, I wonder what the real story is here. When they announced this bottling, they made rather a thing about bringing it out in time for Derby, which they obviously missed. I wonder why.

My guess is that it has something to do with the packaging. I don't see why they would be holding it back on purpose, so something unexpected must have happened.

The bottles may not have been delivered on time, or there may have been a mistake with the printing, or someone may have made a mistake that prevented the printed bottles from getting government approval.

That Craig is one smart fella! I have heard the bottles arrived this week and are being filled this week and next. I know I have a bunch on hold so I'll let you all know when they show up!

Oscar! I got you covered for the number you requested! Cheers!

AC

Oscar! I got you covered for the number you requested! Cheers!

AC

you da man!

;

Great timing for my trip out to KY in a week... hopefully I'll be able to find a couple

accoding to my local dist. it wont hit the stores until june something. Randy.

Just received the call from a good friend in Lexington. These hit the shelf today! I have my share taken care of so go get em boys!

Cheers!

AC

Word I got from my Bardstown Dog was that only 2238 bottles were produced, down from the 3000 they wanted.

Fantastic! I am headed to Liquor Barn today to see if its been stocked!

Fantastic! I am headed to Liquor Barn today to see if its been stocked!

I stopped by Liquor Barn on the way home from work and picked up two bottles of Four Roses 120th, Warehouse No. JW, Barrel No. 7-1F.

They are $66.99 apiece, but they were not on the shelves. I had been calling them almost daily for about two weeks and they set aside a couple for me. They had to go in the back room to get them and I was told that they're only getting a trickle of them (I think today's delivery was 12 total) with each delivery. They sounded like they might get another delivery tomorrow. Other stores I called (Party Mart and Party Outlet)

did not have the 120th yet.

-Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.