Another 4Roses SB?

Vange
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OscarV, are U gonna drive to Chicago when it hits the shelves here? I gotta know what the competition is gonna be. Or is 30 bottles enough?

I think the competition will be people who can't make it to KY, and need it shipped to them :skep:

Yeah, Brett's got my order :cool:

I'd be more worried about Oscar and Tony setting up a road block and hijacking the truck that is carrying it. Gotta watch out for bourbon pirates!

Scott

OscarV, are U gonna drive to Chicago when it hits the shelves here? I gotta know what the competition is gonna be. Or is 30 bottles enough?

Hey bigtoys, I got all I need.

Only 8 bottles are for me, the other 22 are for Tony and a couple of other guys.

I promise I won't raid Chi-Town when the FR120's come in, also I'm not in the market for any Old Style either.:grin:

7-1b-54.9%

6, 7, 8, 37, 47, 75, 80, 81, 88, 89, 95, 111,

7-1e-54.7%

220, 245, 249, 252, 253, 256, 279,

7-1f-52.4%

301, 305, 309, 325, 334,

7-1g-53.9%

421, 432, 451, 452, 458, 465, 481,

7-1h-54.7%

7-1j-55.8%

796, 803, 813, 826, 851, 857,

7-1k-55.2%

895, 923, 933, 954,

7-1m-55.5%

1191, 1222,

7-1n-56.1%

?

7-1O-56.3%

1365, 1366, 1367, 1369, 1372, 1373, 1424, 1426, 1453, 1488, 1490, 1491,

There we go that's much shorter and allows you to look and see what the high and low numbers are for each barrel...sorry just couldn't help myself:rolleyes:

OscarV (SKYDOG to us Michigan Bourbon Hounds) had a great set up yesterday so I thought I'd share the pic's from my visit!

We did open a bottle of the 7-1O and in the words of Lynn, Oscars wife..."I see why Oscar made the drive, that's really good bourbon". So not only does Oscars Lovely bride know good bourbon she's a great cook as well!

Thanks again Oscar and Lynn!

AC

post-2689-14489814120916_thumb.jpg

post-2689-14489814121141_thumb.jpg

bottle on ebay now at $100 w/ 7 bids. Wow!

another 4 signed bottles for "buy it now" $119; the description says, "...and there was only 2238 bottles made."

Wonder if different Binny's will have bottles from different barrels???????

Glad to hear about OscarV’s excellent adventure to Kentucky last week in search of Four Roses Barrel Strength. (His slobbering dog analogy was terrific. Drooling dogs are so cute, much cuter than drooling drunks.) After 698 miles, a bit over 12 hours, and no butts, OscarV managed to bag 30 bottles for himself and his three best friends. (One friend, Tony, got so excited he wanted to lick himself. He said so in his post.) OscarV’s haul amounts to about 8 bottles per boozer. So let’s do the math. There are only 2238 bottles available. If everyone adopts OscarV’s “8 for me†rule, then 300 bourbon enthusiasts, at most, will enjoy this new product. OscarV and his buds are all stocked up and mighty proud to brag about it. But what about other bourbon fans who want this bottle? Tough nookies! You can hope he favors us with some evocative tasting notes. Or a shot at some of his high proof hooch on eBay.

Memo to Four Roses – double the price next time around. Then OscarV and his merry band of slobberers will double their contribution to Kentucky’s economy. Or else monopolize just half as many bottles.

Glad to hear about OscarV’s excellent adventure to Kentucky last week in search of Four Roses Barrel Strength. (His slobbering dog analogy was terrific. Drooling dogs are so cute, much cuter than drooling drunks.) After 698 miles, a bit over 12 hours, and no butts, OscarV managed to bag 30 bottles for himself and his three best friends. (One friend, Tony, got so excited he wanted to lick himself. He said so in his post.) OscarV’s haul amounts to about 8 bottles per boozer. So let’s do the math. There are only 2238 bottles available. If everyone adopts OscarV’s “8 for me†rule, then 300 bourbon enthusiasts, at most, will enjoy this new product. OscarV and his buds are all stocked up and mighty proud to brag about it. But what about other bourbon fans who want this bottle? Tough nookies! You can hope he favors us with some evocative tasting notes. Or a shot at some of his high proof hooch on eBay.

Memo to Four Roses – double the price next time around. Then OscarV and his merry band of slobberers will double their contribution to Kentucky’s economy. Or else monopolize just half as many bottles.

Okay, I see it's your first post and all -- which likely means you haven't been around here all that long. But, I promise you, if I call any one of those guys tonight and ask them to set aside a bottle for me, each would do it. So, make that 301 (if I decide I even want one!) bourbon enthusiasts who will enjoy it. And, that number will get bigger as the PMs roll in.

In short, we share here, in most cases. If you want to blame somebody for a shortage of bottles, try Four Roses. They're the ones limiting it to 2,238 -- or approximately one for every 3 millionth person or so on Earth. So, your chances weren't all that great to begin with.

bottle on ebay now at $100 w/ 7 bids. Wow!

another 4 signed bottles for "buy it now" $119; the description says, "...and there was only 2238 bottles made."

Wonder if different Binny's will have bottles from different barrels???????

:hot:

OK, I have been thinking about this a lot lately so I will say it outloud now. Instead of bitching about and in essence advertising every rare bottle we see on ebay why not say nothing and give it no more publicity than it deserves?!?!? Ever heard that the silent treatment is sometimes the worst... Let's try that for a change and maybe some of those obscene prices and shortages will ease up just a bit! Only making it worse by posting about it here... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Okay, I see it's your first post and all -- which likely means you haven't been around here all that long. But, I promise you, if I call any one of those guys tonight and ask them to set aside a bottle for me, each would do it. So, make that 301 (if I decide I even want one!) bourbon enthusiasts who will enjoy it. And, that number will get bigger as the PMs roll in.

In short, we share here, in most cases. If you want to blame somebody for a shortage of bottles, try Four Roses. They're the ones limiting it to 2,238 -- or approximately one for every 3 millionth person or so on Earth. So, your chances weren't all that great to begin with.

Tim is exactly right here. Having spoken to a couple of the people implicated in this thread, they have no intension of hoarding them, but in sharing them with others...I would bet that one of them will be pouring this freely to anyone who wants to try it the next time we, as a group, get together.

But the big thing, that Tim mentioned, is the fact that FR limited the number of bottlings. But if they didn't limit them, they couldn't charge as much, then it becomes less profitable for them to do these types of bottlings, and the quality would go down as there are only so many primo barrels available. I would bet that many of us are willing to sacrifice quantity for quality...

Frankly, we do the best we can to make sure as many of us can taste these limited bottlings as possible. While that may mean that fewer people actually own bottles, those people who do own them share them quite freely, some of them may even hold onto those bottles for a number of years and share them with the next generation of bourbon drinkers, those people would never have had a chance to experience these whiskies if they didn't do this. Also many people who wouldn't be willing to pay for a bottle themselves also get to try these whiskies this way...

I think that this system allows more people to taste these whiskies than if each bottle went to a different person, and also helps to eliminate the fact that many people who want to try it, can't afford to pay the price for a bottle, or can't even get it in their state....show me a better system and I'd be willing to support it.

I too can vouch for the generosity of OscarV and ACDetroit. It is to each his own how much he wants to buy of what. Personally, one bottle is all I need of most anything. I have in the past bought extras of dusties when I found them and in almost all cases I am more than happy to pass them on to others who can't get or don't have any. Many of these same people have been kind enough to return the favor to me. Without the help of numerous others on SB, some or the dusties that I now have would not be mine otherwise!

Thomas

OscarV managed to bag 30 bottles for himself and his three best friends. (One friend, Tony, If everyone adopts OscarV’s “8 for me†rule, .

Hi Sir Toby Belch,

Welcome to SB.com!

I see that I inspired you to join. Great, the more the merrier.

I can't take credit for the flushing out of the 4R120's that was Tony, I was just the mule.

There really is no "8 for me" rule, it just worked out that way.

In Detroit the local ballpark seats 42000 and I am a life long Detroit Tigers fan.

In 2006 they made it to the World Series, guess how many tickets I scored?

Answer: ZERO.

Not for lack of trying, I just couldn't get 'em.

So the moral of the story is I take my losses like I do my wins and get up the next day and try to make it better.

Look me up, not hard, you see my city and state and the last name is Hightower, drop by and we'll kill a bottle of Mr. Rutledge's finest.

But get here quick before they are gone, I have already made some trades and I am saving a couple for Christmas gifts for friends.

if I call any one of those guys tonight and ask them to set aside a bottle for me, each would do it.

I am not suprised that you Tim, got my back.

I feel we are long lost cousins, you from MI living in TN and me from just south of TN living in MI.

Tim, by hook or by crook you gotta score one of these. They are just like the Rutledge 40th, the same sweet dark fruit and rye spice at the same time, it is an art form.

Tim is exactly right here. Having spoken to a couple of the people implicated in this thread, they have no intension of hoarding them, but in sharing them with others...I would bet that one of them will be pouring this freely to anyone who wants to try it the next time we, as a group, get together.

But the big thing, that Tim mentioned, is the fact that FR limited the number of bottlings. But if they didn't limit them, they couldn't charge as much,

This 120th is about $15.00 more than the 40th, but the big profit that Four Roses is getting is in the way of "the Buzz", the free advertising. We are selling a lot of bottles for FR, not just the special bottles but their entire line-up benifits from all this postive talk.

I too can vouch for the generosity of OscarV and ACDetroit.

Thomas

Wow, you guys are embarassing me.

Thanx for the kind words, I wish could pick up everyone's bar tab.

Hi Sir Toby Belch,

Welcome to SB.com!

I see that I inspired you to join. Great, the more the merrier.

I can't take credit for the flushing out of the 4R120's that was Tony, I was just the mule.

There really is no "8 for me" rule, it just worked out that way.

In Detroit the local ballpark seats 42000 and I am a life long Detroit Tigers fan.

In 2006 they made it to the World Series, guess how many tickets I scored?

Answer: ZERO.

Not for lack of trying, I just couldn't get 'em.

So the moral of the story is I take my losses like I do my wins and get up the next day and try to make it better.

Look me up, not hard, you see my city and state and the last name is Hightower, drop by and we'll kill a bottle of Mr. Rutledge's finest.

But get here quick before they are gone, I have already made some trades and I am saving a couple for Christmas gifts for friends.

I am not suprised that you Tim, got my back.

I feel we are long lost cousins, you from MI living in TN and me from just south of TN living in MI.

Tim, by hook or by crook you gotta score one of these. They are just like the Rutledge 40th, the same sweet dark fruit and rye spice at the same time, it is an art form.

This 120th is about $15.00 more than the 40th, but the big profit that Four Roses is getting is in the way of "the Buzz", the free advertising. We are selling a lot of bottles for FR, not just the special bottles but their entire line-up benifits from all this positive talk.

Wow, you guys are embarassing me.

Thanx for the kind words, I wish could pick up everyone's bar tab.

Hey Oscar if Sir Toby Stops by and your out send him my way I'll share!

Sir Toby, Welcome to the site and hope to hear more from you soon! As for the 22 bottles I have - Michigan is not on the FRoses distribution list so the only way for us to get is it to travel! I've been supporting a few small biz owners down there for years! When I can. Some of witch I call Friends...I'm sure after one sitting at my bar you could be the same!

So have at it! pack up the car and some tunes to stay awake and head North my friend, I-75 North to I-94 East to Harrison Township! PM me for my number and call me when your close! I'll be waiting in the driveway with 2 glasses of 120th and I'll let you pick the next pour!

Cheers from another Bourbon Enthusiast!

P.S. Thank you Tim, Timothy and Thomas, as Oscar said for all the kind words!

AC

7-1b-54.9%

7-1e-54.7%

7-1f-52.4%

301, 305, 309, 325, 334,

7-1g-53.9%

421, 432, 451, 452, 458, 465, 481,

7-1h-54.7%

7-1j-55.8%

7-1k-55.2%

895, 923, 933, 954,

7-1m-55.5%

1191, 1222,

7-1n-56.1%

1252, 1296

7-1O-56.3%

Updated

Oscar,

Thank you for your gracious reply to my somewhat provocative message, not to mention your kind invitation to sample some fine old bourbon! And, yes, you did inspire me to join. Actually, my original message was not motivated by personal disappointment. I live in Kentucky, and I have good connections to Kentucky wine and spirits retailers. So I have my own bottle of Four Roses 120.

I am still not convinced that buying so many bottles serves to spread out the enjoyment among as many bourbon lovers as possible. Yet it is clear from your friends’ defense and from your own invitation to me that you aspire to sharing your appreciation and enjoyment of bourbon with others. And it is refreshing to know that a product from my home state is so highly sought after that it inspires such a long journey as yours!

So thanks again for your reply, perhaps we will meet someday at a gathering of bourbon enthusiasts. And when I open my bottle of Four Roses 120, I’ll drink one to your health!

Toby

PS – I just saw the message from AC. Thanks to you, too, for your invitation and welcome! Looks like I may have jumped to an erroneous conclusion. It would not be the first time. At 60, I still make mistakes, but rarely in choosing bourbons!

Glad to get a little more info on you Toby and Welcome again! I will not be keeping all of my bottles as my dentist is a huge Four Roses fan so he has dibs on his 3, several members here are from other states not able to purchase the 120th Nectar so I am helping out some of them as well!

Hope to meet you some day, and I will toast your new membership here with my open bottle of 7-1O when I get home!

Damn, Luna's B-day and a drink for the new guy! Oh yeah and the Red Wings are on tonight! Sounds like I'm drinkin tonight!

Cheers!

AC

Sounds like I'm drinkin tonight!

I envy you young folks who can drink at night.

It puts me to sleep, that's why I drink in the afternoon.

Hey Tony, did you see on the Beanie Baby website where some guy got the last 30 puppys?

What about us other Beanie fans that wanted this puppy?

Tough nookies I guess.

I too can vouch for the generosity of Tony, Oscar, ThomasH and many other board members. People that have gone out of their way to get me bottles that I otherwise would not have on hand.

It's impossible to get 90% of the bourbons discussed on this forum in Australia, and without this board and it's members, I would not be lucky enough to try them.

These are not just people that get me bourbon, I consider them friends and I hope to meet them all one day!

Toby - Welcome to the forums, I hope you too find this site as valuable and helpful as I do. There's many great people here.

When I get my 5 or 6 bottles of FR 120th, I can guarantee you they will be the only bottles in Australia, and I can guarantee they will not all be for me! One bottle will end up in my favorite bar, and many people will get to try it!

Cheers :toast:

Scott

Tony...I love your new avatar, are they green tree frogs??

Thank you Scott, and yes those are Green Tree frogs or (White's tree frogs as they are known!) I have been a frog guy since small and never out grew it!

Cheers mate, and here's to hoping your 120th gets there soon! You're going to love it!

As for your comment on the distribution truck to Chi-town! I'm covered for now! Oscar and I don't need to get in any more trouble than we already do when we're together:lol: !

Oh that reminds me...did Oscar say that truck was leaving tomorrow morning?? :bigeyes:

AC

It is heartening to learn how members of this group help each other experience a wide variety of fine Kentucky bourbons, even worldwide. But for those who collect Beanie Babies... tough nookies! You're at the wrong site.

But for those who collect Beanie Babies... tough nookies! You're at the wrong site.

Now we can't say that Toby! We might have thought the same thing of a guy who criticizes another mans buying habits in the bourbon department :smiley_acbt: but we would have been jumping the gun on an alright guy!

Maybe the Beanie Baby guy likes bourbon as well. If I were a beanie collector I'd trade him a puppy!

Now as for the Nookie! He's on his own there! We are not allowed to sell that in Michigan! Might be able to trade for it but I don't think Michelle or Lynn are going to buy that for one minute! :slappin:

Tony

7-1b-54.9%

7-1e-54.7%

7-1f-52.4%

301, 305, 309, 325, 334,

7-1g-53.9%

421, 427, 432, 451, 452, 458, 465, 481,

7-1h-54.7%

7-1j-55.8%

7-1k-55.2%

895, 923, 933, 954,

7-1m-55.5%

1191, 1222,

7-1n-56.1%

1252, 1296

7-1O-56.3%

Updated

This is what I get for getting busy and skipping a few weeks of SB.com. This thing comes out and I miss it!

Jim Rutledge is doing a signing over at the Hurstbourne Liquor Barn in a few minutes, so I assume they'll have some.

I found one. It wasn't there, but the distributor was on hand, and he knew a retailer who had a few left. There's one more, if anyone in the Louisville area wants me to tell them in private.

When I arrived there was a woman with three cases getting autographs from Jim Rutledge. I am naive, so I assumed she was getting them for gifts. Someone asked just as she was finishing, and without shame she said she was going to sell them on ebay.

I'm not a big fan of the liquor laws in this country, but it wouldn't bother me a bit if they cracked down on this practice. What she's doing is clearly illegal.

Anyway, it was a joy as always to chat with Jim Rutledge. He's always very polite to everyone, even when maybe you've been hanging out a little too long and you've had one free sample too many.

Forgot to list the bottle number from 120th purchase earlier in the week.

It is on list below in yellow:

7-1b-54.9%

7-1e-54.7%

7-1f-52.4%

301, 305, 309, 325, 334,

7-1g-53.9%

421, 427, 432, 451, 452, 458, 465, 481,

7-1h-54.7%

7-1j-55.8%

7-1k-55.2%

895, 923, 933, 954,

7-1m-55.5%

1191, 1222,

7-1n-56.1%

1252, 1296, 1301

7-1O-56.3%

Updated

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.