Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How much is Alligator going for in the wild? The few shops that list it online carry a pretty steep markup.

The store in Jasper, Ga (of all places) had one bottle @ $123.99. I read up that it was hard to find, so leftover X-mas bonus depleted. It was worth every penny, dollar, nickel and dime!

When my state was getting out of the liquor business, the stores had the Alligator on blowout for ~$40/bottle.

I sampled the Crockett Legacy last week at Binnys and really enjoyed it. It is way out of my price range, tho so I passed.

I sampled the Crockett Legacy last week at Binnys and really enjoyed it. It is way out of my price range, tho so I passed.

Did you just pop your dark-side thread cherry?!?! :skep:

Did you just pop your dark-side thread cherry?!?! :skep:

I believe I just did. :)

The store in Jasper, Ga (of all places) had one bottle @ $123.99. I read up that it was hard to find, so leftover X-mas bonus depleted. It was worth every penny, dollar, nickel and dime!

I have a bottle in the closet. I think I paid 129.99 at the time. Good fine for you! I'll put the $40/bottle story in my list of permanent and unresolvable grievances with the world.

I have a bottle in the closet. I think I paid 129.99 at the time. Good fine for you! I'll put the $40/bottle story in my list of permanent and unresolvable grievances with the world.

At those prices, I very much regret not having stocked up a few more bottles.

The Kilchoman Machir Bay just arrived in Atlanta recently so I picked up a bottle to supplement the half bottle I have left. A bit cheaper than TPS plus no shipping so you have to like that!

Trey, you're the man. Always something awesome coming into your collection.

I got a bottle of Bruichladdich Bere Barley 2006 in the mail today. Love the story behind it, and it's got a pretty serious recommendation from Serge at whiskyfun, at least as far as <$100 bottles go.

Yeti, your manliness is unrivaled.

I've been wanting to dip my toes into Bruichladdich more over the years, but the only thing they carry around here is The Laddie Ten (which I rate highly) and Rocks (pretty good). Any recommendations for my next mail order?

On a side note, last time I went shopping, the store had case of Chivas 25 year old for $124. Considering this one usually goes for $200+, I might go back and grab one, for science. I got a bottle of the 18 year from a co-worker for my birthday. I kept it at work to enjoy with clients and happy hour, but it's a nice, easy drinking dram. Plenty of flavor, nice malty mouthfeel, and decent finish. Sometimes a blend is just right...

Had to pad an order to get up to the free shipping threshold...yeah, that's the ticket...To accompany my new 4R SmB LE on the trip through the mountains I picked up cask strength bottles of Macallan, Laphroaig 10, and Redbreast 12. Barrel proof über alles!

Trey, I'm going to open the Bere Barley as soon as I get home, and will be happy to share an opinion after I do. The Port Charlotte series is highly recommended, depending on your stance on paying a premium for young, powerful peat. PC7 is probably the top with 6 or 8 close behind. The Laddie 16 isn't more remarkable than the 10, maybe even less so, but then the 10 is really special in its class. The Still series (Blacker/Redder/Golder) is hard as hell to find, but they're all supposed to be somewhere between "interestingly worthwhile" and "remarkably good".

Have you had the Octomores? I'm on the fence about picking up a 5.1 before it disappears.

Talisker Distiller's Edition they were on the shelf marked at $52.08 so that's what I got them for,I love mismarked items!:grin:

Scored a bottle of Lagavulin 12 (2012 release) from Spec's - you guys in Houston have it good.

Edited by ChainWhip

Last week I got 3 bottles of single malt aged in sherry barrels. Longrow 11yr., Signatory Glenturret 12yr, and Benriach 15yr. I love whisky finished/age in sherry barrels and recently started getting bottlings from the different distilleries as they come to market!

Thomas

Apparently so. I didn't realize you had it so rough out in your neck of the woods. Specs has a great selection of most stuff (the beer selection could be better, but it's the best in town.) Too bad the staff isn't as informed as some of the people here. Enjoy your score!

Got 3 cask strength whiskies in the mail today (Macallan, Redbreast 12, and Laphroaig 10) and the 'phroaig which was supposed to be a backup to the batch 004 I have open turned out to be batch 003. Fantastic!

Got 3 cask strength whiskies in the mail today (Macallan, Redbreast 12, and Laphroaig 10) and the 'phroaig which was supposed to be a backup to the batch 004 I have open turned out to be batch 003. Fantastic!

What a great day when stuff like that arrives in the mail. Enjoy!

Received my order of Bruichladdich "Laddie 10" today. I know the year is young but I am enjoying this so much that it's going to be hard to find one that is more enjoyable in 2013. What a great effort by Bruichladdich.

What's the word? Is this out yet? How does it taste?

Not here yet but the presale is sold out already. I think I got the last one.

Old Pulteney 12 and 17 came home yesterday and I regret not buying the 1998 Gordon & MacPhail Old Pulteney 10 Unchillfiltered that I enjoyed so much at the last South Loop Binny's event. May have to make a trip back today to snag it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!