What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter '08/'09

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yesterday afternoon, I relaxed with a couple of Indiana Jones dvds

(Temple Of Doom & Last Crusade) and a couple of great pours...

FR 120th and PVW20.

-Joe

Indeed (in fact, from a castle decanter!)

That's awesome. Whiskey from Castle is really fantastic. I had some just the other night at our local get together. Enjoy!

Old Crow 10yo 86proof from 1968, neat.

I really like it, it is super dark.

Hey Emerald, was it distilled or bottled in '68?

Having some Old Heaven Hill 100 proof BIB with Coke. I know. Only about one pour left. Might have to have something else later.:rolleyes: Joe

Following my Monday ritual, I had some BT at the BA after I bowled like CACA.

Surfing the Lot B again tonight. Just a few thin pours gets me going.

Warm house, flushed ears and wispy missives from the stereo.

I'm forgetting about winter....

Old Crow 10yo 86proof from 1968, neat.

I really like it, it is super dark.

Hey Emerald, was it distilled or bottled in '68?

One pour left of FR1B. Really sad to see it go. We are supposed to be getting Four Roses here in NH but an email from NH Liquor Commission says it's been "discontinued." Hopefully the gal who wrote is simply misinformed. Ah, well.

Here it goes....

Cheers!

Wow, how were you feeling the next morning?

David,

I felt surprisingly good! My friend on the other hand didn't feel so great....kept asking me to hit him in the face with a shovel!:lol:

Scott

Starting off the evening with some DSP 113 JW Dant BIB and some Blenheim's Hot Ginger Ale......holy cow that's spicy.

Mc Scrooge's Weller Antique. Stunning stuff. There's a Mr. Pibb/Dr. Pepper thing going on somewhere in this. I can't quite nail it, but it wafts up throughout. I am really enjoying this bottle.

Snow this morning, followed by at least a half inch of freezing rain this afternoon / evening. To be followed by 5-7 inches of more snow.

Got home early from work. A WT 101 sort of day...

still ga-ga-ing over the vatting of Weller Antique and WT Rye...perfect as i anticipate SOME snow....very sorry to hear it might all wash away by midday or something...:rolleyes:

Snow this morning, followed by at least a half inch of freezing rain this afternoon / evening. To be followed by 5-7 inches of more snow.

Got home early from work. A WT 101 sort of day...

It looks like your weather is coming my way here in Upstate NY, as luck would have it I just picked up a bottle of WT101 today so I guess we can blame it on the weather. I'm on my third tonite

Last Thursday I stopped at Awful Als in Syracuse and that tends to be a bad thing. Had a few different pours, Four Roses SB, a couple of others, cant remember, and then a WLW 06. Oh My God, this is something I always liked but in contrast to the rest it is amazing. So much more complex and interesting I cant even put it in words. I has a Sarazac 18 that night and the WLW eclipsed that, I think this is my muse!!!!

WT12yo '98, Willett 22yo Neal & Doug, AA 86 '81, Fleischmann's Rye

You are travelling well this trip, Timothy! :bowdown: I guess if you're gonna get stuck somewhere, you mizewell have the best.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!