What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter '08/'09

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Since OO is made by Beam, wonder if this is a lighter and/or older version of same(?). Or, is it an entirely different profile?

I think it's a very similar profile, OO is maybe a little smoother, while the JB rye is slightly more robust, both are easy to drink and I dearly love them. For all I know, it could be the same juice from different parts of the warehouse or something...others may disagree with me.

. Since OO is made by Beam, wonder if this is a lighter and/or older version of same(?). Or, is it an entirely different profile?

Now thats funny... I just asked that Question on the OO thread...

A little Beam Black 8 yr for me... it is the best that AA has to offer... and for the price... its a great drink (2 per flight - $0).

Willett 6yr old 122.4 proof after a bout on the driveway with some freezing precipitation! Looks to me, I'll be out there again before the day is over.

Tony

Been enjoying WT rye all night, but didn't care for the h2o vatting and had to stiffen it back up after a taste. Sorry polyamnesia.

My discussion on Old Forester with Roger in some other posts today prompted me to pull out my handle of OF 86pf and enjoy a pour. Cheers Roger.

oh now...how much wudder did you add?:grin:

i did like a drop...five molecules wide or so...

still, i think it sits best swirled straight and then savored at full strength!

oops, by the way, enjoying the reunion with Old Weller Antique

Oops we might've added more than five molecules. I do enjoy it straight a lot more than the first time I tried it though.

Can't get over how good Rittenhouse BIB is though. I had it last night with crushed ice, and it clouded up, which I assume means its non chill filtered. If you still haven't been able to find one we'd be willing to send you some 'olive oil' no charge.

...Can't get over how good Rittenhouse BIB is though. I had it last night with crushed ice, and it clouded up, which I assume means its non chill filtered...

Great observation!

I can't wait to try this when the EBSG gets together to taste Rittenhouses on the 24th. Lear had remarked a recent bottle seemed younger than usual.

Roger

The last of my Heaven Hill White Label, probably the most simple bourbon I've ever had; just corn and char.

I think it's a very similar profile, OO is maybe a little smoother, while the JB rye is slightly more robust, both are easy to drink and I dearly love them. For all I know, it could be the same juice from different parts of the warehouse or something...others may disagree with me.

We bottle Overholt 750's and liters in Frankfort and i believe the Beam rye is bottled in Clermont.Could very well be the same profile,just an entirely different warehouse.

Yesterday it was ORVWFRR-B and ORVW 10 107 and today Overholt 1810 and WT 8 export. The weather was accompanied by hassle nut cake. My friend how visited me hadn't tried any combination like this thought it matched very well together.

Leif

Elmer T. Lee.A friend gave me a bottle of this a couple of weeks ago....pretty good stuff! Will definitely replace when gone!:yum:

Will probably open a bottle of Weller Antique later this week

A little '04 Stagg and Weller 12 with Mrs. Smokinjoe's chicken noodle soup. Besides being an excellent pairing, I am now bullet-proof against a cold or the flu. :)

Watching the season premiere of 24 tonight with some of my newly acquired Ancient Ancient Age.

Sipping a little WL Weller Special Reserve tonight... I'm really fond of this. I think I need to pickup a couple more bottles of it pretty soon.

Was having a hard time with this ER 101 in the eagle decanter, you just never know what's going to come out! Could be corked, tainted..you know BAD!

Well I took it upon myself to decant it into glass tonight...and well some slipped into my glass! Not sure why it is but the first pour out of these decanter is (in the words of Robert Smith) "Just Like Heaven".

Yummy! I hope I never run out of the ER 101!

Tony

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!