What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter '08/'09

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The snow and ice outside tells me it is Winter, and the other thread was getting very long. So, let's hear it, what are you drinking to keep yourself warm this winter?

Me, for now is coffee, but that will change soon.

Makers and Coke now! I will be pulling out the snowblower in a bit and I wanted something simple and the MM bottle is the last one I have.

My wife just laughed at me...to Sarah and I quote "Daddy is having Makers Mark? What the heck is wrong with Daddy tonight Sarah? Daddy don't drink Maker's Mark!"

I had to post this as it was just said and I'm still laughing:slappin::slappin::slappin:

Tony

Makers and Coke now! I will be pulling out the snowblower in a bit and I wanted something simple and the MM bottle is the last one I have.

My wife just laughed at me...to Sarah and I quote "Daddy is having Makers Mark? What the heck is wrong with Daddy tonight Sarah? Daddy don't drink Maker's Mark!"

I had to post this as it was just said and I'm still laughing:slappin::slappin::slappin:

Tony

Now that is one educated young lady :D

three fifths the 08 BTAC for me so far. a little ER, Stagg and WLW.... a cup of Decaf Irish Breakfast tea at the moment... not sure what is next... probably more ER

here in Media, PA, i came back from work in rainy DE to find a slightly snowy, now sleeting environment...thusly requiring some WT rare breed, then a pour from this quickly diminishing bottle of Sazerac Rye...then some more again but with some OGD 114 splashed in (wow...cayenne cream puff explosions!)...and, to finish the night, slow down from the Sazerac juggernaut...and slide into home with a Saranac ESB...:shocked:

why not? i don't work tomorrow...took one of my rare 'personal days' to spend the day with my wife: year 3 on the nuptial odometer:grin:

Tonight it is Bernheim Wheat Whiskey. Felt like mixing it up a little.

63 degrees in my neck of the woods at the moment. Tomorrow's high is 84. Isn't is supposed to be December? :)

Buffalo Trace.

For the past week when I've had a drink it has been either wine or tequila. Bourbon is now back in my glass. MMMMM..... good stuff ..... I just can't fathom why anyone wouldn't like BT. Unless, of course, they've had the misfortune of getting a 'musty' bottle.

The Winter Solstice does not occur until 12/21/2008. That fact makes this entire thread just a bit early.

Parker's Heritage on one rock.

Yesterday it was WT 8 export, vintage 21 rye and ORVWFRR B. The stile of the 2 rye bottles was very different with the B being very heavy and woody and the 21 elegant and appetising.

Leif

SBOmarc is right, it's not officially winter yet, but it's close enough!

We had temps in the high 20s and some freezing rain yesterday...

I warmed up with Weller 12 after dinner last night.

-Joe

Just had a pour of Old Charter 10. That is some good stuff. I think I am going to follow up with some OC 12.

JBW on the rocks with a couple of cherries in it as a distraction. Yet another bar with an awful bourbon selection.

The last of the barrel tastes for the Bourbon Crusade RHFs, Baby Saz and BT.... This BT is just great... young brother of the Stagg at barrel proof...

Had some Julio's RHF earlier tonight (I took my own with me to bowling:grin: ) Now I'm having something I haven't had in a very long time. Woodford Reserve. It's been a while. The taste is much different than I remember. It's probably because I've had so many other bourbons since last partaking of it. I still like it. It's a pretty fair pour in my books. Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!