What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter '08/'09

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

One, two, three...Weller Antique 107. A single barrel bottling from McScrooge's. It's spectacular stuff. Did a side, by side, by side with BHC Centennial and recent Centennial. Not quite BHC(not as rich and dark), but in my search for a Centennial sub, I think I've found it. :yum:

Another Joe enjoying Centennial tonight... The Centennial-Weller 12 thread got me thinking about it.

-Joe

Same as last night and the one before, Old Overholt to the rescue after a long & tiring day......followed up with a little WTRB and then some WLW06 before bedtime.

Following the Centennial with a short pour of Colonel Lee.

-Joe

Hell yeah! I salute the Colonel. Bottled in Bond...of course. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ORVW 10/107 to start and now Pappy 15. Can I get an amen?

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a short and effective (invited) raid of the AC Detroit bunker, I thoroughly enjoyed the company of the proprietor and surprise guest Oscar along with tastes of slope shouldered OCPR, 07 and 08 Handy, WT12 split label, WTKS pewter top, Old Taylor (ND) and probably a few others.

That's one amazing bar and bunker. :bowdown:

Thanks for the great hospitality and bourbon brotherhood.

Last night a very good friend from Sydney came over to stay, and we decided to have a few bourbons. We had some Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace, Saz Jr, Weller Centennial, Jack Daniels Silver Select (never before have I had the banana flavour other people mention with JD products, but last night this was quite weird, like drinking a banana milkshake!), IW Harper 12yo, WTAS, Rock Hill Farms.

Scott

Old Fitz BIB again. Only one pour left. She'll be empty tomorrow. By the way Scott, that's a very nice selection of things you and your friend had for tasting. I've only got to try a small taste of the JD Silver Select on a couple of occasions. If and when I get the chance to try it again, I'll try and be aware of the banana flavor. Didn't notice it before. This was probably due to the fact that I wasn't prepared for what I tasted. I was absolutely surprised by how smooth and mellow the Silver Select was. Both times I tasted it, I also tasted a number of other products as well, (GTS 07 among them) so my taste buds might have been a little overwhelmed at the time. Joe

Right now having a second pour of ERSB10.

This bottle is mustier than any other ER I've had but I'm still digging it. More time in the glass doesn't seem to affect the wood presence in this bottle.

The whiskey is deep and rich, though, and the wood has a story to tell.

My taste buds are all ears!

Cheers!

On a short and effective (invited) raid of the AC Detroit bunker, I thoroughly enjoyed the company of the proprietor and surprise guest Oscar along with tastes of slope shouldered OCPR, 07 and 08 Handy, WT12 split label, WTKS pewter top, Old Taylor (ND) and probably a few others.

We had some Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace, Saz Jr, Weller Centennial, Jack Daniels Silver Select . . . , IW Harper 12yo, WTAS, Rock Hill Farms.

Enjoying a dram of Old Charter Classic. For 12 years old at 90 proof, this one seems a tad light in color, an almost pale gold.

WTKS for me. Not the pewter top, but I need to make room for it first.

Any time brother! It always taste better in good company (of which you are)!

As for this evening well what an event...I was the host at a friends, father-in-laws home. His fiancee made the meal, I supplied the bourbon.

1- Squash soup with parmesan croutons w/ ORVW 10/107

2- Brown sugar glazed Salmon w/ VWFR 12 LotB

3- Smoked Pork Shoulder (gravy) w/ PVW 15yr

4- Pecan Tarts (drizzled in caramel sauce) w/ PVW 20yr

5- Oliva Serie "V" (cigar) w/ PVW 23yr

The Food/Bourbon and the company were amazing! I've been asked to come back and do this again! I will for sure!

Tony

Any time brother! It always taste better in good company (of which you are)!

As for this evening well what an event...I was the host at a friends, father-in-laws home. His fiancee made the meal, I supplied the bourbon.

1- Squash soup with parmesan croutons w/ ORVW 10/107

2- Brown sugar glazed Salmon w/ VWFR 12 LotB

3- Smoked Pork Shoulder (gravy) w/ PVW 15yr

4- Pecan Tarts (drizzled in caramel sauce) w/ PVW 20yr

5- Oliva Serie "V" (cigar) w/ PVW 23yr

The Food/Bourbon and the company were amazing! I've been asked to come back and do this again! I will for sure!

Tony

Tony next time I have a dinner your bringing the bourbon hell forget about the dinner just bring the bourbon! No really, sounds like a great time was had by all.

Missed out on a chance for a tasting with spun_cookie, but I brought my '66 Old Taylor 86pf down to maybe 1-2 more pours. Love that ND butterscotch...

Missed out on a chance for a tasting with spun_cookie, but I brought my '66 Old Taylor 86pf down to maybe 1-2 more pours. Love that ND butterscotch...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!