Jefferson's Reserve Presidential Select 17yr

BengalMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been happening for quite some time now going into Crown Royal, as I believe Diageo had 2000 barrels of it being used for blending.

Time to invade Canada and rescue what's left of 2000 barrels of prime bourbon. Call out the Kentucky National Guard their states honor is at stake.

• 3 weeks later...

SW juice....nice.

It sounds like this will become part of the regular Jefferson's profile, so I assume eventually it wont be SW. I suppose I should get some on this initial release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No sign of it or any ETA at the two locations I checked in Northern KY this weekend.

I was in KY last week and I checked at several places and the retailers that knew what I was asking for didn't know when it would be in.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a call from my buddy at Liquor Barn in Lexington today and Jefferson Reserve 17yr. is in. Price quoted was $88.49.

-Clay

Nice, looking forward to getting that at the KBF this year. Jefferson's Reserve was probably the first bourbon that I tried purely for the taste, and it was not dissappointing. I have not gotten it since it has gone into the 50s, but still think back fondly of it.

The Presidential Reserve seems a little high, but I won't mind trying it. just won't be in the regular rotation.

And available online described as, "Aged in Slitnel - Willer Barrels".

Tommy

What the heck does that mean? Are they not understanding what SW bourbon is? Which is not slitnel willer!:smiley_acbt:

Paul

I think it's just someone who was confused but looking to sell a bottle for $50 more than retail.

Speaking of price, I'd rather buy some 20 year old SW for about the same price. Hmmm....I wonder how I can do that?

I think it's just someone who was confused but looking to sell a bottle for $50 more than retail.

Speaking of price, I'd rather buy some 20 year old SW for about the same price. Hmmm....I wonder how I can do that?

I'm waiting for someone to do a side-by-side with Pappy 20 and/or an appropriate-vintage Pappy 15 -- I'm intrigued by Hansell's review (he gave the Jefferson's a 96 vs. Pappy 20's 93 rating!)

I just tasted this, and described it as pvw 15 with balls. Really nice juice.:cool:

Technical terms I know.

Is the current Jefferson's Reserve NAS and the now gone 15 yo a wheater or a ryed Bourbon?

Made a rainy day trip over the border to KY today to get the Jeff Pres Select 17yr....

This juice is so lusciously sweet with heavy vanilla and caramel overtones and a long_smooth_sweet_dry_finish.

I love the heat of the Pappy 15, but to me, the Jeff juice just blows all the other wheaters out of the pond...Cant speak for the Pappy 23 though:skep:

Must be the S-W karma :bigeyes:

I'll be bunkering as long as I can afford to until they're gone.

This juice is so lusciously sweet with heavy vanilla and caramel overtones and a long_smooth_sweet_dry_finish.

I love the heat of the Pappy 15, but to me, the Jeff juice just blows all the other wheaters out of the pond...

Yep, yep, yep. Pretty nice stuff. I really liked it a ton.

Alright, Alright. Stop

The hives were just starting to subside and the twitching was manageable with Xanax.

Propofol has helped quiet the voices at night.

Even so, I thought for just a moement that The Patty might not catch on if I blew by Rockleigh and headed straight to N.KY, getting back at a "resonable hour".

"Mine name is Ed and I have WN"

We feel your pain, Ed.

We also know the chances of you successfully putting something over on The Patty.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.