Jefferson's Reserve Presidential Select 17yr

BengalMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

During our discussions of the 17yr JRPS, I thought I remembered some reference to a 17yr JR from some posts, some time back. I searched around, and found what I was looking for. This thread started by Doug (Fricky) in May 2005. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3883 In the thread, Omar (Bourbonmed) makes mention of a rumored 17 yr old expression of Jefferson's Reserve in the works. Does anyone know if this is just a coincidence and they were talking about something entirely different? Or does this new release have it's genesis 4-1/2 years ago?

whskylvr - Thanks for the update. I lost patience and ordered some from Gordon's on-line. Fedex is scheduled to deliver on 9/15. Shipping was about what sales tax would have been in CA. I can always add more to the bunker when it starts being sold in my area.

Jim

onmytrack,

Does Gordon's have a good selection of whiskey? I am always looking for another source.

They were the first I was able to find that was offering JRPS. It is far from CA so shipping is a little high. They are more a wine store, and other on-line stores have a larger bourbon selection, but I'll keep them on my search list.

Jim

If your state appears on Gordon's "no ship to" list,

Sams Wine has the JR 17 yr but be sure to check

their "no ship to" list.

silverfish brings up a good point about not being allowed to ship to certain states.

Merlin - you're set. Both Gordon's Wine and Sam's Wine ship to AZ as I'm sure most other on-line stores will as well.

Only 2 more days until my JRPS arrives.

Jim

errr..... not quite... no store can ship to AZ. Wine, booze, beer... real pain

Hmm. Sam's wine still has Arizona listed as a "ship to" state, but they haven't updated the page since january. Kansas is, of course, not listed.

I don't think they're supposed to.

Some leave it up to us to know "our local laws."

Yea right.

I'm supposed to get a price from Total Wines tomorrow, even though they have no idea when it's getting here.

If they don't call, maybe I'll try some of the usual sites and see if they'll ship.

I'll check with Sam's, Binny's, Gordon's (thanks Jim), we'll see.

Sorry about the bad news on AZ being a "no ship" state. I was just going off the information on the stores' websites. One states they ship to AZ the other doesn't list it on their "no ship" list.

Jim

Gordon's is advertising that they have Jefferson "Bourbon Jefferson's Reserve 15 Years Old 750ml" has anyone ordered this...I know that they made a 15 year a couple years ago before the standard "reserve" was released...I want to order some but I want to make sure that it's actually the 15 year.

Both Binny's and Gordon's appear to have the Presidential Reserve for $89.99.

Binny's has it in stock...I've seen it at 3 locations.

Gordon's is advertising that they have Jefferson "Bourbon Jefferson's Reserve 15 Years Old 750ml" has anyone ordered this...I know that they made a 15 year a couple years ago before the standard "reserve" was released...I want to order some but I want to make sure that it's actually the 15 year.

Gordon's photo is very small, but it is not a photo of the JR 15 year bottle, it is a photo of the "Very Old" bottle. I'd say it is unlikely it is the 15 year old, but you could simply call them and ask. Mission Wine & Spirits at least shows a picture of the 15 year bottle. I'd still call before buying.

Jim

Binny's computer says they're out, but at least one store has some. I went back to get what I thought were the last 2 bottles and they had put out another 6. I got bottle 2277 of batch 1.

Still haven't tried it as I was on call over the weekend and worked 15 hours both Sat and Sun.

Tentatively planning a blind test w/ Pappy 20 and maybe Jefferson Reserve Wed night.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.