BTAC is here!

mobourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

But anyway, maybe the Staggs and Larues will follow soon!

Oscar. Get the Larue!!! It's awesome this year.

Corryvreckan, :lol:

The "coal tar" bottle?

Really?

Tomorrow eh?,..... hmmm,... will it be on the shelf at 9am Central Time?

I stopped in at Binny's this morning and they do in fact have some of the BTAC 2009's in. I won't be buying any as I can't get over the fact that prices on this stuff has gone up $10 a bottle in less then 2 years. When I first started bunkering BTAC it was selling for $59.99 a bottle...now it's up to $69.99 a bottle here. To me I would rather have 3 bottles of WL Weller 12 years then 1 WLW bottle...I guess it's a good thing that I bunkered a bunch of BTAC from previous years. :(

I got all 5 in Seattle. They are all gone now, I talked with 2 guys who got the rest of them. My god is the Saz 18 amazing.

I tasted the entire collection (a few times) and think that they are all very impressive with the exception of the Eagle Rare, which let me down a little this year. My tasting notes here.

I got all 5 in Seattle. They are all gone now, I talked with 2 guys who got the rest of them. My god is the Saz 18 amazing.

I got more in Seattle today. Handy and Saz 18.

Just so I understand - the product can go 2000 miles northwest to Seattle but can't go 500 miles north to Michigan. :hot:

Just so I understand - the product can go 2000 miles northwest to Seattle but can't go 500 miles north to Michigan. :hot:

Perhaps the distributors in Seattle are better customers...

I am waiting on the same thing in NJ. Does anyone know what goes into the timing of when the distributors get the BTAC, or any other bourbon distribution for that matter? It appears that distance is not necesssarily the determining factor, and I know that BTAC flies off the shelves here as well.

The store that I'm getting it at gets their deliveries on Wednesday so I stopped in to check, still nothing.

I asked about the WT Tradition 14yo that has been in the MI LCC book since the 11th and they said they'll probably not release it until Nov 1st.

The store that I'm getting it at gets their deliveries on Wednesday so I stopped in to check, still nothing.

I asked about the WT Tradition 14yo that has been in the MI LCC book since the 11th and they said they'll probably not release it until Nov 1st.

Just got off the phone with Dr. Francois in the greater Lansing area. Had not spoke with Jeremy in a while so it was great to catch up. He was also calling to confirm proof on the Handy as he was in the market for a new Rye on the bar! I was shocked when he called me back to let me know he picked up a 129 proof T.H. Handy...FTW! So all you Michigan bourbon Hounds! listen up the BTAC has hit the fan! Getta going fella's!

On a much liter note and unrelated to bourbon (well not really), I received a call from HR this after noon shortly after my interview and this kid is employed as of 6am Monday morning:cool: ! Oh and I received a small pay raise as well!! give me a few months and then the hunting shall begin again:bigeyes: :shocked: :grin: !

Cheers!

Tony

On a much liter note and unrelated to bourbon (well not really), I received a call from HR this after noon shortly after my interview and this kid is employed as of 6am Monday morning:cool: ! Oh and I received a small pay raise as well!! give me a few months and then the hunting shall begin again:bigeyes: :shocked: :grin: !

Cheers!

Tony

Cheers!

Tony

congratulations~! that's awesome.

It showed up in Texas. Runs between $60 and $65 depending upon the selection.

Randy

It showed up in Texas. Runs between $60 and $65 depending upon the selection.

Randy

Just heard from the wife, I have a box from Binny's waiting for me at home. It's gonna be a great weekend!

Just got off the phone with Dr. Francois in the greater Lansing area. Had not spoke with Jeremy in a while so it was great to catch up. He was also calling to confirm proof on the Handy as he was in the market for a new Rye on the bar! I was shocked when he called me back to let me know he picked up a 129 proof T.H. Handy...FTW! So all you Michigan bourbon Hounds! listen up the BTAC has hit the fan! Getta going fella's!

Confirmed. I haven't been able to find any BTAC but Handy at any local stores, and Handy is at just one store. Three more bottles on the shelf in East Lansing; if you're interested, PM me.

Just picked up 2 bottles of Stagg, although the price is higher than I recall in previous years-- $79. PM me if you want to know where I found em, in north NJ.

I've got a case of Stagg here in the family room and I'm picking up case of WLW tomorrow.

The real reason I love Autumn (BTAC and Mariage)

Just spoke with the ABC manager here in VA. When my wife picked up the '08 BTAC for me, she put in an order for the '09. Well, evidently, I have three cases of each waiting for me at the local store. Since I'm not exactly cash flush, not sure what I'm gonna do.....probably just go with some WLW ant GTS. I have friends who I know will want some bottles so maybe I can parse it out.

I didn't get last years, and I do kind of regret it so I guess I will go ahead and get this years. Eventually I'll probably pay a ~75% premium to get last years just for the collection's sake. Live and learn.

No doubt that I will be able to find it out here. Big doubt that I will spend the $99 that it was last year to buy it.

Just spoke with the ABC manager here in VA. When my wife picked up the '08 BTAC for me, she put in an order for the '09. Well, evidently, I have three cases of each waiting for me at the local store. Since I'm not exactly cash flush, not sure what I'm gonna do.....probably just go with some WLW ant GTS. I have friends who I know will want some bottles so maybe I can parse it out.

Is this going to become a yearly ritual? :slappin: Gotta love it. Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.