BTAC is here!

mobourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just spoke with the ABC manager here in VA. When my wife picked up the '08 BTAC for me, she put in an order for the '09. Well, evidently, I have three cases of each waiting for me at the local store. Since I'm not exactly cash flush, not sure what I'm gonna do.....probably just go with some WLW ant GTS. I have friends who I know will want some bottles so maybe I can parse it out.

You have to be kidding me... did you go ahead and get the 3 cases of each ordered for next year :D

You have to be kidding me... did you go ahead and get the 3 cases of each ordered for next year :D

Em - I haven't picked anything up yet. I can't afford $3K is booze. I figured I'll get a bottle each WLW and GTS for myself but that will be about it. There are others here in the area and here on SB that have asked for some assistance in getting some bottles. I'll have a better idea once George calls me.

Em - I haven't picked anything up yet. I can't afford $3K is booze. I figured I'll get a bottle each WLW and GTS for myself but that will be about it. There are others here in the area and here on SB that have asked for some assistance in getting some bottles. I'll have a better idea once George calls me.

Oh come on Greg...I look forward to your purchase every year! ;)

I too don't have the funds this year to purchase cases of BTAC...I do have the ability to buy a couple bottles but I can't make up my mind between purchasing a 2007 WLW for $54 or a 2009 WLW for $69. I have 2 2007's in the bunker but is the 2009 worth an additional $15.00? Thoughts would be welcome!

but I can't make up my mind between purchasing a 2007 WLW for $54 or a 2009 WLW for $69. I have 2 2007's in the bunker but is the 2009 worth an additional $15.00? Thoughts would be welcome!

I'd go with the '07, the '09 is the only one I don't care for neat.

A little hot but it is good with a little water, around 8-1 or 7-1.

I was thinking the same thing...does anyone know what the difference between the two is other then an additional 10 proof...is this years 2 years older prior to bottling as well? $50 plus tax for the 2007 is looking pretty good right now.

The '09 is more than 10 points proof.

The '07 is 10yrs 3 mths old at 117.9 proof.

The '09 is 11yrs old at 134.8 proof.

Of the '09, the WLW intrigues me and that's the one I'll be looking to add to the bunker along with a Stagg. I've been partial to the WLW over the years and with this one rated a 96 by Hansell, the expectation is pretty high.

Got all 5 today to take up to my father at Thanksgiving in a few weeks.

I still have plenty of all 5 from 2008 so I didn't need any this time around but I got my dad interested in them so he wanted to have them all. I gave him a bottle of Stagg last year at Christmas and he called me in June when he finally got around to trying it (he didn't know just what wonderfulness he had in his possession) and said it was the best he had ever tried and wanted more.

Of the '09, the WLW intrigues me and that's the one I'll be looking to add to the bunker along with a Stagg. I've been partial to the WLW over the years and with this one rated a 96 by Hansell,

the expectation is pretty high.

I saw his review of the '09 WLarueW and one of his notes he mention "hot cinnamon", that's what I meant by it being to hot.

Like I said it is great with water but it's the only one of the 5 Larue's that I don't like neat.

In that same review he had a negative comment about the '07, that one is my favorite.

I saw his review of the '09 WLarueW and one of his notes he mention "hot cinnamon", that's what I meant by it being to hot.

Like I said it is great with water but it's the only one of the 5 Larue's that I don't like neat.

In that same review he had a negative comment about the '07, that one is my favorite.

The WLarueW has quickly become my favorite pour.

I've followed that you liked the '07 the best and have always heard it regarded as the "weak link" of years by others. I'm interested to try the '09

. . . of the '06, '07 & '08, I would rate the '07 the lowest, but I've only had it once, so that's hardly a fair judgment . . . plus, I still thought it kicked major ass. :grin:

. . . of the '06, '07 & '08, I would rate the '07 the lowest, but I've only had it once, so that's hardly a fair judgment . . . plus, I still thought it kicked major ass. :grin:

Oh yeah, same goes for the '09, it's great. They all are.

I've followed that you liked the '07 the best and have always heard it regarded as the "weak link" of years by others. I'm interested to try the '09

I would say that to be exactly the same for the GTS in my opinion. The '07s seem to be a weak year.

I would say that to be exactly the same for the GTS in my opinion. The '07s seem to be a weak year.

At 144.6, I would have a hard time calling this weak!

Looks like it should arrive at my semi-local store this week. Vosgar and I might be going to pick up some GTS and WLW this weekend if things work out. :grin: Joe

So if you could pick up a 07 WLW for $50 plus tax would you buy it?

Hey, if you don't like it invite me over and I'll kill the bottle for you.

Hey, if you don't like it invite me over and I'll kill the bottle for you.

me too! i finally got my hands on the WLW this year, but heard good things about the 07, so if you don't want it, feel free to pass it on.

Found some more '09 WLW, so I picked up a case. It included the spec sheet. So now I have added the '09 WLW, GTS and Handy to the bunker. I have passed on the Saz for the second year in a row and I think I'll pass on the ER 17 this year.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Well, nearly two weeks into Nov and still almost no BTAC around town. One store had one bottle of Handy that it was holding for somebody.

TJ

Well, nearly two weeks into Nov and still almost no BTAC around town. One store had one bottle of Handy that it was holding for somebody.

TJ

Here's the story my MI Brother.

The MI Buffalo Trace Rep is playing games with distribution.

Some say he is strong arming retailers to carry his junk or they ain't getting no BTAC.

Some others say that MI delayed it to get the November price increase.

Both reasons suck to high heaven.

Damn, KY got it the last week of September.

So anyway I get an e-mail from a retailer that stated they have it in.

But only one bottle per customer at $79.95 per bottle plus 6% sales tax.

Cali, Az, and all parts of the USA got plenty at 60 bucks per bottle.

F them, I'm done with Buffalo Trace and their cow pasture taste profile line of crappy bourbons.

Also I'll never buy another bottle of spirits in MI.

...Also I'll never buy another bottle of spirits in MI.

Just take a deep breath O...

I found a place near me that was selling it for $75 a bottle, but they only had three each of ER 17, GTS, WLW & Handy.

Not as bad as where you saw, but I don't blame you. That's some :horseshit:

The MI Buffalo Trace Rep is playing games with distribution.

Some say he is strong arming retailers to carry his junk or they ain't getting no BTAC.

Some others say that MI delayed it to get the November price increase.

Both reasons suck to high heaven.

Damn, KY got it the last week of September.

So anyway I get an e-mail from a retailer that stated they have it in.

But only one bottle per customer at $79.95 per bottle plus 6% sales tax.

Cali, Az, and all parts of the USA got plenty at 60 bucks per bottle.

F them, I'm done with Buffalo Trace and their cow pasture taste profile line of crappy bourbons.

Also I'll never buy another bottle of spirits in MI.

I talked with a store owner in SF, and he said the same thing. In order to get the BTAC, he had to carry all kinds of crap. Stuff he could not even move, let alone make a profit on. He was also fed up and is going to switch to getting willett releases instead.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.