What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whoo-Hoo :woohoo: WT 101 with flasks are $15.99 here right now... I might have to go buy up a bunch and do a re-barrel ....

Whoo-Hoo :woohoo: WT 101 with flasks are $15.99 here right now... I might have to go buy up a bunch and do a re-barrel ....

Nice. I gotta see if I can get me some. :grin:

...err... they were not 15.99... they were $14.99... i should have bought more :D but 7 will fill the 5L barrel... so I am good... :D

Woodford Reserve Masters Collection - Seasoned Oak! An amazing whiskey. Tastes like a bourbon aged twice as long. Of course, the price was way up there too.

It is not winter yet. Don't you people have calendars?

Scott...Winter starts December 21st... when the new threads started, it was already the 21st in much of the world.... :D would you like to borrow my calendar? :slappin:

OK... I am sold. I am on my way back to Fry's to get 6 more bottles (with the flasks cause I can :D). I purchased a 5L medium char barrel and I will be adding a little age to my WT...

This is one cool site for barrel stuff....

http://www.kentuckybarrels.com/uses.html

Where does one get a new charred barrel. I did not see one in the attached link....:skep:

Scott...Winter starts December 21st... when the new threads started, it was already the 21st in much of the world.... :D would you like to borrow my calendar? :slappin:

Tortured logic is tortured.

Solstice and equinox events are not like the new year where each time zone gets its own, so you were equally early in every bourbon market across the globe.

you know what they say, it's better to be early than late! and I can't think of anything better than to keep all of us warm during winter than bourbon.

Tortured logic is tortured.

Solstice and equinox events are not like the new year where each time zone gets its own, so you were equally early in every bourbon market across the globe.

oh well... I like to be early... you get teh best dusties that way :D

WT101 gift box with the flask. I really want the Rare Breed box, but the glasses are stupid and $40 is about $10-12 more then I'm willing to pay.

Found some Lot B here in Spokane; first time I've seen it in Washington. They also had the 20 year but I have to leave something for the wife to get me for Christmas:grin:

Finally found some Weller Antique (age statement bottle/label, had to look a lot longer & further than first expected) and WTRB....just over $50 out-the-door which is getting harder & harder to do these days for 2 bottles of quality bourbon.

WT101 gift box with the flask. I really want the Rare Breed box, but the glasses are stupid and $40 is about $10-12 more then I'm willing to pay.

$40 is the going price on RB in these parts.

The wife bought me a Woodford Reserve for Christmas . . . and gave it to me early, nice gal that she is. I've never had this before and have to say that I love it -- don't know why I've avoided it so long. To me it tastes exactly like a good bottle of Elijah Craig 12 or EWSB, which makes sense since that stuff was supposed to be B-F juice for a while. I was really surprised -- this goes close to the top of the list and makes me think twice about trying OF again.

Went shopping with Joshua last night, and it was a mostly unproductive effort. I nabbed a SB 4R for 29.99 and it was a gift pack so there were two glasses. Nabbed an 06 OFBB which I really wanted to compare to the 05 that I think is very good. The two are obviously different; somebody was looking for a different profile unless OFBB is the result of dumping barrels at random and seeing what happens. Also picked up a Lot B for another SBer.

The bottle I promised Joshua was gone when we made it to the store where I saw it. No worries, I made up for that by burning some steaks into flavorless jerky!

Picked up my Christmas present from my wife; '09 WLW. I hope I like what she got me!

Wait a minute! :bigeyes: What happened to the three cases of each that you "accidentally" ordered again this year? :slappin: Cheers Greg. It's all good. Joe

Picked up a 2006 OFBB I found at a little hole in the wall. I started with the 07 and have been hooked since. Looking forward to tapping this one open.

driving around baltimore county and it's suburbs. so far i've got:

2 - Four Rose Single Barrel

1 - Old Weller Antique 107 - New Bottle

1 - ORVW10/90

1 - WTRye101

1 - ETLee 90th Anniv

More to come...

driving around baltimore county and it's suburbs. so far i've got:

2 - Four Rose Single Barrel

1 - Old Weller Antique 107 - New Bottle

1 - ORVW10/90

1 - WTRye101

1 - ETLee 90th Anniv

More to come...

How much was the ETLee 90th?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!