What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I really need to pick up a bottle of the EWSB-00. How does it stack up to the 99?

I like the 2000 better than any since the 1995.

The three I've bought so far are all from barrel #16

Dang indyrider! Didja leave anything at the store? You're like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas : "He even took the roast beast!" LOL

I hit paydirt today while tooling aroung SW Florida.

Rittenhouse 23 yo (same store and deal that fishnbowljoe got)

Van Winkle FR Rye (new A bottle)

I went over my 1 bottle limit for carrying home but I'll figure it out. ;-)

I went out to do a little semi-dusty hunting yesterday. I hit a few places where I had left some things behind. Most everything I was looking for was gone. I did pick up a couple 200 mils of 92 Old Fitz Prime w/faux tax stamp, and a couple bottles of WT8 export. I was close to a Binny's, so I decided to stop. I passed up everything at that store. (the ORVW 23 was taunting me though) Found out another Binny's had some Weller 12. Made the drive there, and couldn't help myself. Bought another case. :rolleyes: There's just something about this bourbon that I love. At least I'll have enough of it to hold me till I'm old and grey. :grin: Wait, I am old and grey.:skep: I also think I may have another bottle of 09 GTS. I'll find out for sure when Vosgar gets back home from visiting his son. Joe

Catching up a bit due to weekend work hours. On Friday, found some Old Charter 12 as well as, unbelievably mixed in with a shelf of BTAC 09 releases, an 05 Saz 18. Before I even noted the date on the label, it was readily apparent that this one was different from the other bottles around it in comparison - much darker contents.

Saturday evening found me hunting down PVW15 which I had noticed were becoming more & more scarce during the holiday season. Had to visit 7 stores before securing 2 bottles. What is going on with this one? :rolleyes: I could have taken home any number of Lot B and PVW20 as well as a PVW23 here & there. I thought that once PVW15 passed out from under S-W provenance, it would be more plentiful. However, from the store owners with whom I have spoken the last couple of months, demand continues to strongly outpace supply.

I also think I may have another bottle of 09 GTS. I'll find out for sure when Vosgar gets back home from visiting his son. Joe

Damn Tommy...were did you find them? I was at Willowbrook around 11am and they were out. I did manage to find a VWFRR and a Pappy 15 for $45 each though! With all the Pappy talk last night in chat I was inspired to find some...the VWFRR was a bonus!

Damn Tommy...were did you find them? I was at Willowbrook around 11am and they were out. I did manage to find a VWFRR and a Pappy 15 for $45 each though! With all the Pappy talk last night in chat I was inspired to find some...the VWFRR was a bonus!

$45....that's strong.

45 is a steal. I'd love to find a bottle of both of those at that price! :cool: I paid 60 for my bottle of PVW15 because that's what I could find it for.

Picked up a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel last night. It was fantastic.

My wife really enjoyed the nose, but can't stand the burn of real alcohol ....yet.

:grin:

Actually paid for these last week and they arrived yesterday...better late than never, I suppose.

Thanks to a fellow SB board member, I was able to acquire:

2 WT12 split labels

1 WTKS pewter top

1 VWFRR H series

1 Weller Centennial BHC Frankfort

Can you say "insta-bunker"? :slappin:

I bought nothing today, or yesterday or last week. I have a virus that I've been battling for over a week. I can't drink, b/c of the cold medicine I'm on and even the couple sips I've snuck in don't taste right. It's killing me.:cry:

I bought nothing today, or yesterday or last week. I have a virus that I've been battling for over a week. I can't drink, b/c of the cold medicine I'm on and even the couple sips I've snuck in don't taste right. It's killing me.:cry:

Welcome to the club -UA. I'm JUST getting over one hell of a bad cold/flu. 2 weeks long, with 4 days really making me consider going to the doctor. Usually I ignore colds and they vanish, but I think working out really hard the first couple days I was coming down with it was a very bad idea...

I purchased nothing, as I have a feeling my wallet will be empty come 2 days from now...

My intended purchase of some 09 Handy Saz today went awry.....was not too much in the mood after dropping almost 8 bills on truck repair:hot: :hot: .....may be a while before I am able to revist this thread. In the meantime, my mood dictates that I consume every thing in sight tonite that is of a spiritual nature.

It was a BT reload week. 4 McScrooge's SB OWA's, a handle of BT, a BT White Dog Mash 1, a Rock Hill Farms, and 2 Squat bottle OCPR's-Frankfort. In an attempt at some semblance of balance, a 4R 2009 Mariage.

I made the trip to Binny's to pick up some bottles for other forum members...managed to get 4 Binny's Weller 12 bottles for others and ended up getting a Binny's Weller 12 and a ORVW 10/107 for myself. :) I really wanted to pick up another Binny's BT but they only had the standard bottling left at my location. :(

Yesterday I picked up a dusty 200ml bottle of Ezra 15/101 Sippin' Whiskey. It even came in a paper box decorated to look like the original full size wooden box with leather hinges. I searched this site and found some old threads about it, and it got good reviews.

This bottle is very old and had a little (but not much) evaporation, and the (real) cork looks pretty bad but did not break when I removed it. It had some plastic shrink-wrap on the top which likely helped prevent even more evaporation. I tried it last night and liked it a lot. I'm not good at tasting notes or picking out flavors, but I will say that this is very unique, unlike any other bourbon I've ever tasted, very sweet, and also has a pretty dark color. I'll try to get a pic taken later and post it in the dusty thread.

Stopped at the grocery store on the way home tonight. As usual, I had to wander through the liquor department. :rolleyes: Found something new. Old Crow Reserve. It was on sale for $12.99, so I thought what the heck, and bought a bottle. Not sure when I'm gonna open it though. Stay tuned. :grin: Joe

Yesterday I picked up a dusty 200ml bottle of Ezra 15/101 Sippin' Whiskey. It even came in a paper box decorated to look like the original full size wooden box with leather hinges. I searched this site and found some old threads about it, and it got good reviews.

This bottle is very old and had a little (but not much) evaporation, and the (real) cork looks pretty bad but did not break when I removed it. It had some plastic shrink-wrap on the top which likely helped prevent even more evaporation. I tried it last night and liked it a lot. I'm not good at tasting notes or picking out flavors, but I will say that this is very unique, unlike any other bourbon I've ever tasted, very sweet, and also has a pretty dark color. I'll try to get a pic taken later and post it in the dusty thread.

That's a good one to bring to the Houston gathering. Can't wait!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!