What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It isn't completely bourbon, but I got a bottle of the EW Eggnog for less than $7. If you like eggnog and haven't tried this yet you are missing out big time!

Eric

I've seen them around Chicago...they're selling for $29.99 IRRC. I opened one from the bunker and it is a really good pour...I haven't compared it to the Standard, Binny's, or Julio's bottling yet but I will! ;)

I thought the ETL 90th had a bit more spice and pepper than the regular Binny's bottling but this was from only one taste of the 90th, compliments of Lost Pollito.

What's that, you say? 4R120th for 70 bucks? But it's not even Christmas and I'm Jewish anyway! Oh, alright. :-D

Just did another Whiskey run to the mainland...Lee's Discount in Las Vegas!

Picked up two bottles of Buffalo Trace (Xmas gifts), a bottle of OWA 7/107, and OGD BIB. Couldn't wait to try the OWA. Popped that sucker as soon as I got home from the airport, and had a dram along with a Romeo & Julietta Cedro #2. I can't believe KSBW that cheap can taste so good! :cool:

Also got a bottle of Laphroaig 10 yr.

I know i'll be having a Merry Chistmas!

Happy Holidays ya'all!

A Nice XMas haul on my way through Baltimore and the surrounding areas for dinners at various Grandma's houses. As well as younger kin.

post-3020-14489816268849_thumb.jpg

post-3020-14489816269048_thumb.jpg

post-3020-14489816269276_thumb.jpg

Again, I tried to purchase a bottle of Maker's Mark, but yet again, the store didn't have any in stock. I know, I MUST shop somewhere else. It was still on sale for $19.99 a bottle. Not a bad price, I take it.

Finally pulled the trigger on a bottle of WT Rare Breed! It is very easy to drink and does not show its proof at all. I think I have a new favorite now!

Eric

Finally pulled the trigger on a bottle of WT Rare Breed! It is very easy to drink and does not show its proof at all. I think I have a new favorite now!

Eric

Hopefully next time we don't have to beat you to death to try something :smiley_acbt:

Grabbed a lone bottle of WLW'09 for $77. Not a great price, but it's set by OLCC and this will likely be the only bottle of it I see. BTAC is one of those "take it or leave it" propositions out here...and I usually take it.

I definitely notice (and am enjoying) the extra proof to this years version. Even with an ice cube it's pretty hot for a wheater. It's nice they don't release the same thing every year...kudos to BT

After not seeing one anywhere for the past year, came across a Weller 12 today.....started to think it had gone the way of the Centennial.

Found a Louisville gold vein OWA with faux tax strip and looks like a 95 bottling date. Had the rather steep sticker price of $29.99 but the red bag it came with, sealed the deal :lol: .

Ruby K, did it have a tax strip on it? Just curious, because back in July I found a 375 of OWA from '91 that had a tax strip (no codes printed on it). Good find!

Thanks! It does have the blank tax strip, louisville label, and A976 written into the label. Trying to hold off on cracking it open, b/c if it's at least as good as the 2000 i just found over thanksgiving, it'll be gone in no time.

I took the 45 minute drive down to the South Loop Binny's and did a little bit of Four Roses Barrel Strength OESK and OBSK (spicy) tasting with Lost Pollito (Joe). I ened up prefering the nose of the OESK and the neat taste to OBSK. Then I cut them a bit with some water and I prefered the OBSK as extra Rye seemed to hold up a little better. I ended up going with a bottle of OESK and a VWFRR! :cool:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!