What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

PHC 27 goes for 2 bills at Binny's and $215 minimum in MI. You paid a fair price. Enjoy!

Sorry, I may have been unclear. By "overpriced" I meant that some don't seem to think the juice is up to snuff for the price, not that I paid an out-of-whack price for mine.

Talked to Joe at Binny's Southloop, told him to pick out 12 bottles of bourbon and send them. Should be here this Thursday or Friday, just like Christmas. (There was a price limit). Hey, TN Bourbon, I will be drinking these.:slappin:

No more bourbon buying for me for a long time to come.

What the hell happened to you, Tommy? You used to be beautiful, man . . .

:cool:

A successful trip to Binny's yesterday and I walked away with some JRPS, WT Tradition, a few repeal sets and a case of GTS. My wallet was $1100 lighter and my wife was there so she knows what we spent...she was trying her hardest to make me buy the ORVW23 also!!

She's far too supporting of my habit which I can stop any time I want to.

A case of Stagg? Now you're talking. Man, maybe my math is off, but I don't see $1100 in there . . . . do you mean you bought 12 Staggs (4 cases)? If so, wow. :bigeyes:

A case of Stagg? Now you're talking. Man, maybe my math is off, but I don't see $1100 in there . . . . do you mean you bought 12 Staggs (4 cases)? If so, wow. :bigeyes:

Wow indeed, I wouldn't be sleeping on the couch, I'd be sleeping 6 ft. under if I made a purchase like that!

Anyway, the strangest thing happened to me yesterday. A vintage airplane or perhaps a train or cruiseship crashed on my front doorstep and out rolled a few vintage mini bottles.

There were a few liqueurs that will serve a decorative purpose only, but whiskey-wise there was a 1968 OGB BiB, a 1963 Old Crow, a 1962 Seagram's VO (86.2 proof) and...wait for it...a 1954 Old Overholt BiB.:grin:

Cain't wait to crack these babies open.

holy crap, Tommy! I'm with Josh, I'd be sleeping, if not underground, certainly out in the street if i came back with that kind of haul. all i can is... job well done.

Today I made a very rare purchase:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=193101&postcount=124

Afterwards, I realized something. I now have every Van Winkle that is bottled today, I think.

The ORVW10/90, ORVW10/107, Lot B, VWFRR, PVW15, PVW20, PVW23, and the ORVW23 are all in the bunker.

It brings me to the question. What kind of line-ups from any certain bottler do you have?

Today I made a very rare purchase:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=193101&postcount=124

Afterwards, I realized something. I now have every Van Winkle that is bottled today, I think.

The ORVW10/90, ORVW10/107, Lot B, VWFRR, PVW15, PVW20, PVW23, and the ORVW23 are all in the bunker.

It brings me to the question. What kind of line-ups from any certain bottler do you have?

When can we do a vertical ... and now you need the ORVW15/107 and Van Winkle family Reserve 15/90

Got a Four Roses Small Batch gift pack with a rocks glass and muddler. It was on my list of wants and the $5 off sale price was too hard to pass up.

Looking forward to trying my first pour of a Four Roses offering.

Got a Four Roses Small Batch gift pack with a rocks glass and muddler. It was on my list of wants and the $5 off sale price was too hard to pass up.

Looking forward to trying my first pour of a Four Roses offering.

Deacon, i haven't had the small batch in a while, as I'm a devotee of the single barrel iterations, but you're in for a good one. Enjoy that!

Deacon, i haven't had the small batch in a while, as I'm a devotee of the single barrel iterations, but you're in for a good one. Enjoy that!

Truth be told I bought the gift pack for myself as a birthday present. Only problem is my birthday is not until the end of the month and my wife insist I can not open it until then.

But she is out tonight so I may go sneak a sip or two. Very tempting.

Brought home a 2009 Handy at the bargain price of $52.99 ($57.63 out the door with CA sales tax). Last one on the shelf. I already have one open, great stuff, could not pass it up.

Jim

Went on a little spree today : last bottle they had of Weller Antique, EC12, EWSB-98 and found some of the Bushmills 1608 for $55, a great price for this area :lol:

I picked up an EWSB 2000 as my vacation bottle. It is a damn good sub 25.00 pour.

After opening one the other night, I noticed there were only four left, which led me to grab 3 ORVW 10/107s off the ol' internet.

Made a push to KY one more time for the next 3-4 months and came away with more than I expected...as I always do :grin:

Bruichladdich Tasting Pack

Highland Park 12yr

Patron Silver

Navan

EWSB 00

OWA (3)

Hudson Four Grain

Hudson Baby

BTEC Wheat on Rye (3)

VW Lot B

EC18

Four Roses Mariage (2)

Jefferson Reserve Pres Select 17yr

Parkers Golden

ORVW Family Selection 23--couldnt help myself :shocked:

Fun and productive day!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!