What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nothing, they do not have bourbon in Michigan's Upper peninsula :skep: ! I brought 5 bottles with me just in case :rolleyes: :cool: !

Tony

Nothing, they do not have bourbon in Michigan's Upper peninsula :skep: ! I brought 5 bottles with me just in case :rolleyes: :cool: !

Tony

You are the Palladin of bourbon Tony. "Have bottle, will travel.":slappin: Joe

Came across a WLW 07 today, $57 out-the-door, last one in the store..... of course, it happily accompanied back home this evening

Oh, I went a little crazy at Julio's last night . . . picked up

2 WT American Spirits

2 Van Winkle Family Reserve Ryes

2 4R Barrel Strength Julio's LE Clone

and a 1.75 of Julio's SB Buffalo Trace . . . .

Plus Ryan tossed me a couple of those nice Wild Turkey Flasks in the pouch from the gift set -- oh, I do feel better to get that out of my system.

I took the 45 minute drive down to the South Loop Binny's and did a little bit of Four Roses Barrel Strength OESK and OBSK (spicy) tasting with Lost Pollito (Joe). I ened up prefering the nose of the OESK and the neat taste to OBSK. Then I cut them a bit with some water and I prefered the OBSK as extra Rye seemed to hold up a little better. I ended up going with a bottle of OESK and a VWFRR! :cool:

Damn Joe I want your job:smiley_acbt:You go work with murders, rapist and assorted criminals.

Oh, I went a little crazy at Julio's last night . . . picked up

2 WT American Spirits

2 Van Winkle Family Reserve Ryes

2 4R Barrel Strength Julio's LE Clone

and a 1.75 of Julio's SB Buffalo Trace . . . .

Plus Ryan tossed me a couple of those nice Wild Turkey Flasks in the pouch from the gift set -- oh, I do feel better to get that out of my system.

Andy

You have an airport near you I can fly in for New years Eve. :grin:

Andy

You have an airport near you I can fly in for New years Eve. :grin:

The more the merrier, Paul . . . I need help drinking all this good hooch.

I finally found an ND Old Taylor the other day.

It was actually right under my nose at a store that I've been in many times but I just didn't know it because I didn't know what to look for (until I finally did some research of some past threads on the subject).

It's a liter bottle, and the label has the guy on the left and the castle on the right, both Frankfort & Clermont listed, 86 proof, 89 molded into the bottom of the bottle, and the neck has those ridges. I gather from my research that this is ND whiskey bottled by Beam (correct me if I'm wrong). I tried it, and it does in fact have a pronounced butterscotch flavor. The liter bottle was $10.99, which seems like a pretty darn good deal!

I bought my last bourbon of the year today.

Not only my last of the year but my last until the 4R's special Spring release comes out.

My goal for 2010 is to see how few bottles I buy.

Oh, btw, that last purchase was a 50ml of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

Hit a new-to-me party store last night to grab some champagne and what do I see on the shelf behind the counter? Why, a bottle of 2009 GTS!

With the holiday season and all, I just couldn't bear to let that poor fella sit unwanted another day. He's here with me now, in a loving home :lol:

not a bourbon, and not for me but I purchased this:

IMG_0729.jpg

It was for my mother, and she is a huge scotch fan...

I could use a son like you.

That Laphroaig 30 is $599.99 minimum here in MI.

I'm still trying to get the new 18yo.

Hidden

I found this "dusty" for 242.99 after tax. It had been sitting in an ABC store here for years...!

That particular bottle had a dusty price tag, and was somewhat less than 250. I had no idea of its rarity until I read a couple of posts that Stu and AVB made regarding that particular whisky.

That particular bottle had a dusty price tag, and was somewhat less than 250. I had no idea of its rarity until I read a couple of posts that Stu and AVB made regarding that particular whisky.

In the words of Bart Simpson, "Ay Carumba!" Or is it caramba?

Anyway, got my first bottle of OGD 114 yesterday. Yes, I know, I know. I just never got around to getting it. It may have something to do with a tramatic experience I had in the VBT.:lol:

In the words of Bart Simpson, "Ay Carumba!" Or is it caramba?

Anyway, got my first bottle of OGD 114 yesterday. Yes, I know, I know. I just never got around to getting it. It may have something to do with a tramatic experience I had in the VBT.:lol:

Hey now, I'm not taking credit for that one! I thought you picked up some bargain OGD114s when you went to Niagara Falls.

Hey now, I'm not taking credit for that one! I thought you picked up some bargain OGD114s when you went to Niagara Falls.

No, I stupidly passed them up. They were $14.99!!! But I was nervous about going back across the border with anything else. I left a bunch of Centennial there too. :banghead:

Anyhow, looking forward to cracking open my first bottle of the old guy tonight. What other (nearly) Barrel Proof whiskey can you get for under $30? Nothin' that's what! At least around here.

you COULD get Rare Breed for under $30 here, but the store today had it up to $41. Damn my cheap prices leaving!

But I did get 1 09 GTS, and 2 Pappy 15s for much less then most of you all pay for them today.

you COULD get Rare Breed for under $30 here, but the store today had it up to $41. Damn my cheap prices leaving!

But I did get 1 09 GTS, and 2 Pappy 15s for much less then most of you all pay for them today.

Good grief! I'd be drinking RB everynight at those prices! The under $30 ones that is.

Today I was running some errands and managed to add a good hour (at least) onto my trip by stopping at almost every liquor store on the way. I managed to grab three bottles:

1 Old Fitz prime HH similar to these bottles:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10482&highlight=fitzgerald

1 EWSB 1997 (my favorite year)

and a slope-shoulder OCPR.:grin:

The Old Fitz tastes pretty good, better than newer iterations I've had.

Today, I finally made it to the south east side of Indy before work, to the nearest Payless Liquor, and picked up a “new†bottle of OWA 107.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!