What did you pass up today? Spring - Summer 2010

matthew0715
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I definitely would not have left that Rare Breed . . . ouch . . . that one'll sting later.

Is the RB99 that spectacular? I know where some is for about the same price Bob spotted it for.

I don't know, but RB is $40 here for the current stuff and the '96 I have is primo.

A gold foil A. H. Hirsch for $159 and an OCPR (in the gin bottle) for $28.

I almost bought the OCPR just for comparison to the slope shouldered bottle.

A gold foil A. H. Hirsch for $159 and an OCPR (in the gin bottle) for $28.

I almost bought the OCPR just for comparison to the slope shouldered bottle.

I bought an A. H. Hirsch a couple of years ago for $88.

I don't know, but RB is $40 here for the current stuff and the '96 I have is primo.

I treasure the few pours left in my 93 RB. It is up on the top shelf of bourbons I've had, so a 96 or 99 would be a must buy too. Passed up a 2004 Wathen's today at $32.

The Prichard's Malt Whiskey (correct spelling) was in the Base Shopette for $41. Their latest batch of double barreled whiskey was also out for the same amount. I thought long and hard about it but would like to hear from someone that has tried it before I fork over the cash.

The Prichard's Malt Whiskey (correct spelling) was in the Base Shopette for $41. Their latest batch of double barreled whiskey was also out for the same amount. I thought long and hard about it but would like to hear from someone that has tried it before I fork over the cash.

the double-barreled is decent stuff. Very drinkable and even somewhat enjoyable whiskey, no off notes, but nothing that really leaps out at me, either. 40 dollars isn't too bad if you want to try it, when I used to see it in Kansas it was always 50-60.

Passed on a couple of Parker's 27 year for $169.99, best price I'd seen yet so I did a double take, but still can't afford that right now.

Passed on a couple of Parker's 27 year for $169.99, best price I'd seen yet so I did a double take, but still can't afford that right now.

Passed on a Jim Beam Distillers series 7 year today, the first time i've seen this available over here but they seemed to have loads in stock so decided i would read a few reviews before splashing the cash, doesn't seem too well received on here?

Passed up 3 OCPR BHC Squatters, a Pewter Top WTKS, and 3 Smooth Brown Top WTKS...:(

Passed up 3 OCPR BHC Squatters, a Pewter Top WTKS, and 3 Smooth Brown Top WTKS...:(

Why ??????????????

Passed up 6 OFBB 07's, 3 ERSB's at $21.99, 3 WTKS Brown Tops, and a WTRB 99.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: I'd never be able to leave behind a 2007 BB:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: I'd never be able to leave behind a 2007 BB:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

You in Minneapolis again?
Nope...I think I've pretty much hit all of Minneapolis/St Paul area...don't think I'll be hunting there anymore. ;)

Was out and about yesterday. Passed up a few.

Pappy 20

WT Tradition

PHC Golden Anniversary

Jim Beam Distillers Masterpiece

Caribou Crossing

Plus a few others. Joe

A JRPS 17, despite the fact that my first bottle of that is nearly empty.

There are several stores in Portland (where I was yesterday) that seem to have a good supply of it, so I think there will still be some around when I want another.

WTAS $85, Ritt 25 yrs $150, PH 129 $85, PH 27yr $160. I really want these but the price tag is too high. I might go back for the WTAS.

WTAS $85, Ritt 25 yrs $150, PH 129 $85, PH 27yr $160. I really want these but the price tag is too high. I might go back for the WTAS.

If you're going to go back for anything you should go back for the Parker's cask strength!!!! It's 110 around here. cheapest I've seen it for was 67, and I'm not sure quite what that store was thinkin'.

I've had a bottle of the PH 122.6 and it was fantastic (paid $90). However I've heard the PH 129 isn't quite up to snuff. Do you disagree?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!