What did you pass up today? Spring - Summer 2010

matthew0715
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I used the Charter 101 this past weekend to make Manhattans and it turned out well. I agree that's not a bourbon one would drink neat but as a mixer it's not half bad.

Let's hope not. It's time to put that dog to sleep.

That's funny. You, posting about charter 101, in the what did you pass up thread- because I remember when you came over to our place to drink you stopped on the way and picked up some random stuff, one of which was the charter 101. Ordinarily I would forgive you for bringing that over, but you left behind a $30 bottle of RR101 because you were short on funds. Another fail :grin:

I'm just messin' w/ you. I really enjoyed it.

Passed up two different versions of BT experimental collection in Indy. I was in a rush, so I didn't really get to see which releases they were. My wife was there, so I couldn't spend $80 in front of her. I might have to call tomorrow and get more details.

That's funny. You, posting about charter 101, in the what did you pass up thread- because I remember when you came over to our place to drink you stopped on the way and picked up some random stuff, one of which was the charter 101. Ordinarily I would forgive you for bringing that over, but you left behind a $30 bottle of RR101 because you were short on funds. Another fail :grin:

I'm just messin' w/ you. I really enjoyed it.

It was $35, not $30! :lol: I shoulda picked up one or two more, I know, but I was A) relatively new to the game and didn't know what I was passing up and 2) fairly low on funds at the moment.

As for the Charter, that was around the time it came out I think. It was the first and last bottle I ever bought. Let's hang out again and I'll bring over more crap bourbon!:grin:

I had to pass up two handles of Old Taylor 6yr tax stamped juice priced at $12.50 each. Didn't want to seem too interested so didn't check the date on the bottom but neither bottle had a bar code. There was just no way I could carry them on my motorcycle as I already had 5 other dusties in addition to my luggage loaded. The prospect of a 10 hr ride on a bad handling bike with bottles trying to fall off wasn't too appealing.

Passed on a vwfrr for £55 and a load of BTAC at £95+ just didn't have the budget to snap them all up, I'm sure I'll head back soon enough and get the vwfrr at least.

Passed on a Pappy 23 for $199, a Hirsch 16 gold foil for $195, and WT Tradition for $90. Joe

Today I saw something I don't recall reading about here yet....Four Roses 100th Anniversary. The store said they just got it in last week. Is this something brand new? At $90 per bottle, I had to pass.

Edit: Ok, a quick search shows that it was last mentioned back in August.

Today I saw something I don't recall reading about here yet....Four Roses 100th Anniversary. The store said they just got it in last week. Is this something brand new? At $90 per bottle, I had to pass.

Edit: Ok, a quick search shows that it was last mentioned back in August.

Passed on the Whistlepig Rye but doubt I will do so again. The pull of my internal "whiskey magnet" is just too strong and I'm becoming obsessed about checking this juice out after all the great stuff I've read about it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!