What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Summer 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had a couple of healthy pours of MM 46 last night. It was priced at $38 and I got 20% off so ended up just over 30. I like it. It takes the classic MM flavor profile and adds a bit of spice on the palate and a bit of butterscotch, or something different on the finish. It has a good enough flavor that it probably could have stood up to a bit higher proof. I like it slightly better than 'regular' MM, which I also enjoy.

It probably won't be a regular buy for me at $38, but if I can get a good deal on it I would buy it again to fill my wheater needs.

I had a couple of healthy pours of MM 46 last night. It was priced at $38 and I got 20% off so ended up just over 30. I like it. It takes the classic MM flavor profile and adds a bit of spice on the palate and a bit of butterscotch, or something different on the finish. It has a good enough flavor that it probably could have stood up to a bit higher proof. I like it slightly better than 'regular' MM, which I also enjoy.

It probably won't be a regular buy for me at $38, but if I can get a good deal on it I would buy it again to fill my wheater needs.

Good to know Jeff...I want to pick up a bottle of this as well but I haven't seen it in Chicago yet.

I'm having a pour of Louisville Weller Centennial...this is definitely heaven in a glass! Man I wish they still made this stuff! :(

Maker's 46, neat.

Not bad, maybe a little light but I can definatley testify that this is a wheater unlike Maker's Mark.

Maker's 46, neat.

Not bad, maybe a little light but I can definatley testify that this is a wheater unlike Maker's Mark.

I agree, got more flavors than the MM, which tends to be a little too one dimensional. At this proof level, its the kind of bourbon one could drink "all night long".

its the kind of bourbon one could drink "all night long".

It is a marketer's dream so I must tip my hat to them, it has just enough flavor to tease the bourbon aficionado and mild/watered to satisfy the masses with the A-B coined phrase "Drinkability".

We came back late yesterday from a cruise to Ã…land (island that belong to Finland). We had quit a lot of pours from the ORVW 10/107 and EC that I brought wth me from home. Both tasted splendid. We had fantastic whether for a change with the first 2 real hot days this summer and it was actually +30 C when we got back to Stockholm.

Leif

It is a marketer's dream so I must tip my hat to them, it has just enough flavor to tease the bourbon aficionado and mild/watered to satisfy the masses with the A-B coined phrase "Drinkability".

I picked up my MM46 last night and agree this is a better pour than standard MM. More depth, touch of spice and more robust finish makes this one a winner. Very drinkable neat which I normally wouldn't do with regular MM as I find it too one dimensional.

Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Strength OBSK recipe 10yo 121.2prf from Binny's, neat.

This one is the complete opposite of the OESO and it rocks with spice.

The nose alone is intoxicating both physically and spiritually.

Hanging at a hotel in Central Pennsylvania drinking WT101.

Any tips on bourbon hunting near Harrisburg, PA would be greatly appreciated.

Any tips on bourbon hunting near Harrisburg, PA would be greatly appreciated.

PA is a pretty tightly run control state so your chances of finding any dusties is approximately.............zero.

Hanging at a hotel in Central Pennsylvania drinking WT101.

On the plus side, unlike Michigan for example, there is not a state minimum price with stores allowed to charge more. The price for product X is the same in any store in the state. If you go to the consumer website for the Liquor Control Board, you can find the stores nearest you by city, county or zip code. You can see this month's sale items (WT 101 Rye only $17.99) or check a store's inventory (as of the day before).

Happy Hunting.

OGD BIB.

I'm coming to terms with the fact I'm liking this better than the last bottle of 114 I bought. Difference in flavor profile?

I want an OGD BIB at 114 proof. But then, it wouldn't be a BIB would it.

Been listening to the Braves on the radio with a couple of pours of 1792. Typical Barton, but with a thicker and richer profile. For $22, this is a terrific pour.

Had a strange lineup tonight. Started with an old early times and ended up with a PVW23 with a few strange ones in between! Pleasant night tonight.

Vintage 21 rye with a cigar and ORVW 10/107with hazelnut cake after dinner yesterday.

Leif

Had my first go at MM 46. Posted my thoughts in the Premium Bourbon forum.)

You hear any tigers?

Yes sir. A well pitched game from the two young starters. I sure hope the Braves can hit fastballs, because over the next 3 days we may not see one under 96 with Scherzer, Verlander and Strasburg toeing it up. :eek: As a counter, I'll be bringing out the heat myself, later today. 08 Stagg...

OGD 114. Been a while and it's so good I just decided this is all I need for tonight.

I passed the Stagg and went for some Willett Hot enough.

Four Roses yellow label followed by Virginia Gentleman 90. Nice light bourbon for a beautiful evening here in Seattle. Cheers.

I had Beam 6 grains and Dickel ch before dinner yesterday and vintage 21 rye and Handy 2009 after. All tasted more or less good.

Leif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!