What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Summer 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Gosset grand Millesime 2000 champagne before dinner as an early celebration for my lady Yvonne’s 50-years day tomorrow and WLW 2007 after.

Leif

The last of a bottle of PVW15 with a CAO La Traviata cigar on the back porch with my laptop watching a surf contest live on the internet - the Hurley Pro at Trestles.

Fortunately, my father cleaned my shelf last night by polishing off a bottle of BT, OGD114, and RittBIB. Leaving me with only the dregs of a PVW15.

Not sure if your interested, but: http://www.hurley.com/hurleypro/live.cfm

Had my first taste of PHC 2010.... WOW! :cool:

Arrgggh...I was trying to convince myself that I didn't need to dump $80 into more bourbon but then you had to come along and WOW it. :hot:

Killed off a 200ml Old Taylor from 1981, and a 200ml Fighting Cock 8 y/o from 1988. Two wonderful tasting bourbons. The FC8 truly surprised me. Pearl necklace legs. Semi-sweet with hints of cream, vanilla and my best guess is pecans. Nice crisp burn and peppery on the lips. Long, sweet and spicey finish. A+... Deeeelish.

Old Weller Antique 107 NAS. This bottle does not match the bottle I picked up last year about this time. Much more alcohol heat. This bottle seems very young. Oh well, on to the next bottle.

The neighborhood decided to take advantage of the nice evening to have an outdoor happy hour. These are normally beer and wine events, but since it was in my side yard I thought bourbon should be repesented, so a few pours of OWA NAS fit the bill. The bottle I have has been an excellent bourbon.

Had a great night by the fire last night. We drank some Guinness and a healthy dose of FRSB which everybody found delicious.

OFBB 2010..... lots of spices, particularly cloves and cinnamon. Also dried fruits and a hint of oak. I like this one a lot more than the last few years' releases. And at12 yo, it's a (relative) bargain compared to the other yearly special bottlings.

After a day of mowing the lawn, splitting wood and washing the car....I'm kicking back with a whiskey sour made with OC 101.

It's quite fall-ish here, might be time to start a new thread ...

anyway tonight it's OF Birthday bourbon 2010. Tasty, spicy.

Old Forester Signature. Nothing wrong that I can detect sipping neat, but looking forward to getting some better sh!t when I can afford it.

Is that the 86 proof version? Tried some of that at the 2009 BTOTY and I thought it tasted like ass.

Since I couldn't make it to the KBF this year, I hosted the IBF (Illinois Bourbon Festival) last night. I had a selection of bourbon and rye. What didn't we drink?!?!?!

The best pours of the night were the VWFRR (no brainer...my brother-in-law nearly killed that one), an older bottle of PVW 15 and opening an old bottle of Maryland rye. My favorite whiskey as of late has been an Old Fitz BIB from the 90's. As far as price and quality go, it's hard to beat.

09 GTS cut to 107 while good I would take Pappy 15 any day of the week. I followed that up with pour of Lville WSR from 96 and finally a EWB and diet coke to finish the night.

Bob,

How was the Louisville WSR? I have one and I'm not that happy with it.

It's decent Tom but not anything that I'd drive miles and miles to find. It's definitely better then the current release of WSR in that I get a bit more maple and vanilla in the nose and pallet but the finish is short and one dimensional.

I was paying $14 a bottle for it though so I can't complain. :)

It's quite fall-ish here, might be time to start a new thread ...

Thursday the 23rd is the first day of Autumn.

We'll have to wait until then, (callmeox may be watching):cool:

I'm watching too. Just found this...

...The Fall equinox takes place at the exact moment when the sun is perpendicular to the equator. For example, on September 22, 2010, the Fall Equinox happens at 11:09 pm EDT, for the Northern Hemisphere.

And I don't want to see any wise guys starting the thread at 11:07pm EDT on 9/22!!!

Gave a friend a bottle of Lot B for his birthday and we downed all but an inch of it last night by the fire. Excellent juice which tasted delicious after a giant bowl of homemade Columbian soup courtesy of his mother-in-law.

Elmer T. Lee, the version with the tan label and Elmer's picture. I thought that version differed only in the labeling from regular ETL, but this one seems to me different from the profile. It is paler, with a very interesting nose (almost winelike, like riesling or perhaps like good applejack) and a dryish, elegant taste. Really good.

Gary

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!