What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Summer 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Knob Creek for me. Not liking it as much as I used to, and wishing I bought Scotch instead. Maybe it tastes off because I am sick. It's not terrible but seems rather harsh and oily.

Sorry that you're sick Mega. Grab your nearest bottle of Ardbeg, head on back to the Foreign Whiskey threads where things are nice and comfy, and rest easy.

My church choir pops concert is tomorrow and Saturday. Tonight was the dress rehersal and there were only 2 sopranos so I had to sing soprano (sightreading all the music, not very hard for the sop part), but my throat is quite scratchy now. The only cure: American Honey!

ETL 90th...I wish I had more of these bunkered as this bottle has definitely gotten better as the level has gone down! :(

Maybe it tastes off because I am sick. It's not terrible but seems rather harsh and oily.

I came down with a stomach bug last Friday night to go along with a cold already in progress. I decided last night to ease myself back with just a 15 ml pour of Lot B and it was harsh, grainy and way resiny. It was weird how off it was from what it is. My small pours tonight of EWSB and ND Old Taylor fared better but I'm still a few clicks away from normal calibration.

Joe, just curious of what type of scores you bowl with a line up of great bourbons like this on hand.......:grin: :grin: :grin: I would be challenged just to keep the ball in the correct alley.......

Just a couple of pours of Rittenhouse BIB last night. It tasted better then ever and it’s a pity that its so hard to find here at the moment.

Leif

You do know that it's a Brown-Forman product, right?

Jack Daniels, Old Forester & Woodford Reserve are just different branches from the same tree.

Oscar.... yeah I know but for some reason I always hold out hope. What the heck happened to a company that made some of the best whisky back in the pre-90's....

Oscar.... yeah I know but for some reason I always hold out hope. What the heck happened to a company that made some of the best whisky back in the pre-90's....

I thought maybe it was just me but I've had the BB over a number of years and really couldn't get too excited about it. I love the earlier BF products but the current Signature is just ok to me and the BB left me unimpressed.

Last night whilst perusing the open bottle collection, I decided on an AA BIB. I'm a big fan of the AAA 10 year, but the BIB didn't excite me to much. I've used the AA BIB as mixer or for vatting and like it for that purpose but neat, not so much.

I thought maybe it was just me but I've had the BB over a number of years and really couldn't get too excited about it. I love the earlier BF products but the current Signature is just ok to me and the BB left me unimpressed.

Damn... I just resealed the bottle with plastic wrap and a hair dryer..... was going to give it to you for your birthday......:slappin:

Damn... I just resealed the bottle with plastic wrap and a hair dryer..... was going to give it to you for your birthday......:slappin:

Oh, I'll take the bottle, just make sure you dump the bourbon and refill with ORVW 15/107. That'll be just fine......:grin:

You do know that it's a Brown-Forman product, right?

Jack Daniels, Old Forester & Woodford Reserve are just different branches from the same tree.

I'm a sucker for pictures, so I will include a photo of what I am enjoying tonight. As you can tell, I'm running a little low. Got one left in the bunker after this, so I am taking time to savor it.

wellermedium.jpg

Last night MM

Tonight 4RSmB

The difference is incredible. I'll let you judge which is best.:lol:

Between those two...I'd bet on the Maker's.

For me tonight, it's a tour of the bunker, but the Heaven Hill BIB 6 yr is aglow tonight.

ORVW 10/107. It doesn't get much more sweet and syrupy than this. I'm glad there's quite a few more in the bunker. Anybody know where I can get any more?

Between those two...I'd bet on the Maker's.

For me tonight, it's a tour of the bunker, but the Heaven Hill BIB 6 yr is aglow tonight.

A picture is worth a thousand words....

DSCN0005.jpg

we also had a handful of Scotches. See the "What dram are you drinking" thread to see....:grin:

I had the last out of my 33cl WT 101 from early 90-is last night. I will really miss this one with its amazing vanilla sweetness. After that I had a side by side of Stagg 2002 and 2009. I found the 2009 to be slightly better as I did last time.

Leif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!