Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, I thought I'd start a new thread since it is 2011. :grin:

I've been diligently trying to finish some of the bottles I have open. Sometimes it's tough. There are a few bottles I don't want to finish because they aren't the greatest. But......., sometimes it's exactly the opposite. There are bottles that I don't want to finish because I want to savor them. I want to keep them around and hold on to them as long as I can. I expect most of you know what I mean. I finished one of each when I got home from work today.

I got home from work today and first reached for a bottle of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky. Much to my surprise, there wasn't much more than a sip left. Down the hatch. Yes, I drank it straight from the bottle. :grin: Why I don't know, but next my eyes fell upon a bottle of ER 101 Lawrenceburg. :rolleyes: What the heck. There was only a small pour left in it too. This I did not chug. I poured it into a Glencairn and really took my time enjoying it right down to the very last drop. :yum:

So there you have it. A bottle of Forty Creek Canadian, and an ER 101 Lawrenceburg hit the recycle bin today. Hey, I'm down to under 30 open bottles now. :woohoo: Joe

Two more down. Bottles of HH 6yr BIB, and Rittenhouse Rye 23 yr old are now in the recycle bin. Joe

.... and a Kahn's RHF, and a bottle of Death's Door Wheat Whiskey. Isn't anyone else finishing bottles? I feel like I have my own personal thread. :rolleyes: Cheers! Joe

One bottle on Friday: OC 10, for $20 hard to beat. Tonight: ORVW 10/90, a great daily pour, glad I have more bunkered!

Makers 46 and Four Roses Small Batch both go down after a long, cold rainy trip to pick a friend up from the airport (and they were delayed an hour).

Both of them I consider to be quite nice pours, and I'd be more than pleased to have a drink of either if anyone is pouring, but at their price points, I don't see myself buying either again anytime soon.

"Something old, something new..." 1969 Old Crow from the chess decanters, and a 2010 WLW. Joe

"Something old, something new..." 1969 Old Crow from the chess decanters, and a 2010 WLW. Joe

Joe, those chess set decanters were damn good whiskey!! Still have a few that were poured off into 750's..... look like motor oil but oh so good..

Well I just poured the last of my '86 or '88 flask of Old Fitzgerald, I'll miss 'ole Fitz

I killed an ORVW 15 and an old-time 86,8 proof Dickel 8 last night. I did discover first at the last pour that the Dickel was bottled 1977. I never really came up with a decision on what to think of that bottle. Very rich in general for the proof, but not much of typical Tennessee whiskey flavours. If someone had poured it blind to me I would have taken it for bourbon for sure.

Leif

A Four Roses Paws and Claws #1 (OBSK) bit the dust with the help of a few friends last evening......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.