Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Blanton's, WT8, and an EWB 7/90 hit the bin. Sadly (not really) a few newbies got added to the drinking shelf. Open count now standing at 24.

I did kill a Dickel 8 and OFBB 2010 yesterday. I’m now totally drained out of Dickel.

Leif

2010 WLW RIP.

I think it's time to pull a Handy out so as to keep a BTAC open. My GTS is nearly gone as well.

Evan Williams black label, just a drink or two left so it will join the bin tonight.

I said goodbye to three bottles tonight. My son stopped by earlier. He mentioned he was having some friends over to play cards, and that he was out of Crown Royal Cask 16. I sent my open bottles of CR, and CR Black home with him. I also had the last couple of pours from a bottle of 1970 Old Thompson. Joe

Just last night I said my final goodbye to my dear friend Elijah Craig 12 year old.

IMAG0285.jpg

This was an especially sad farewell, as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has decided that I no longer need to drink my regular pour, and has delisted it from their inventory. :hot:

FML.

You deserved a better end than this good buddy.

IMAG0289.jpg

I am glad that we had the chance to become such close friends over the years, and a I am hopeful that we will one day meet again.

RIP GB, you will be missed. :(

We decided to clear some space in the buddy's bar last night.

MM46

JB Green

BH

Jefferson's 17

Henry McKenna 10 yr. Always a nice tasty pour, very reflective of the HH profile. Cleaning out many of the leftover bottles from the holidays before I open any new ones. Its a tough battle but someone's got to do it. :cool:

A 1977 Old Crow, and my vatted bottle of Joe's Reserve. Actually, I didn't finish my bottle of Joe's Reserve, I donated it to "the magic cart" at Binny's. :grin: Cheers! Joe.

I tossed a WT101 tonight. My local grocery store has had this on sale for $17 the last few months and it has become my daily pour.

Jim

The bottle of Forty Creek Barrel Select I've been leaning on lately finally fell. I'm going to keep my eyes open for one of the other expressions, though I'd be happy to have the Barrel Select again, too.

I also said goodbye to a regular WT101 last night. I really want to replace it with an 8 Year Duty Free to see if there is a noticeable difference...

Said a very emotional goodbye to a Ritt BiB. You will be missed my friend.

I'm playing Taps over the empty bottle of Four Roses 2010 Small Batch as I type.

My military background suggests a bugle but a different send off by bagpipes would also be appropriate.

Down goes an EWSB 2000.

Certainly not a bad bottle by any stretch, but for me, it's not particularly special, even at $25+.

Down goes an EWSB 2000.

Certainly not a bad bottle by any stretch, but for me, it's not particularly special, even at $25+.

My EWSB 2000 hit the recycle bin tonight also, although I did enjoy this very much. I thought it was a very good bourbon for $25. Now it's on to the EWSB 2001 - I hope it's as good as good!

Recently finished bottles of dusty Weller 12, ORVW 10/107, & Weller Centennial, all great to the last drop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.