Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished up a bottle of OWA 107 while switching between SEC and ACC tournament games.

Finally finished off my 2009 OFBB. It had been sitting in the back of the open bottle cabinet until I read BourbonJoe's recent tasting notes. I needed to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy this one, but when I was, it was great.

Gary

Guest wripvanwrinkle

Goodbye to my Jeff 17 batch 9. Wonderful plum/port nose.

Goodbye to my Wild Turkey 101 plastic "travel" bottle. I could drink this happily every day. Debating trying a Kentucky Spirit before popping the American Spirit within the bunker. Sure wish that I could have found a WT12 to try next...

Finished a bottle of 4 Roses Small Batch last week while in Arkansas for the funeral of my father in law. Several more in the bunker.

I'm playing Taps over the empty bottle of Four Roses 2010 Small Batch as I type.

Looking forward to picking that one up this week

Polished off a bottle of Knob Creek. Won't be replacing it now that there is a SB version on the market. I'm movin on up.

I have been spreading my pours over several bottles lately and all are at the end

Today I paid my last respects to a Four Roses Yellow, W.L. Weller Special Reserve and Old Rip Van Winkle.....Farewell buddies.

A really good EC18 hit the bin last night and a FRSB Hightower/Curtis selection followed this evening.

I'm glad I have a couple more of that FRSB bottling in the bunker.

FRSB Hightower/Curtis selection followed this evening.

That is truly worthy of a proper eulogy.

Dear Mr. Curtis and Mr. Hightower,

It must be said that many have recognized the inspiration that struck you the day you picked out that barrel. It is our solemn hope that one day you may replicate this feat so that we may again feast on the fruits of your labors.

- In Rutlidge we trust

Amen

Woke up this morning to empty bottles of Tullamore Dew 12 and Redbreast. The latter is definitely my favorite Irish whiskey.

Laid to rest a Lot B last night. Two more in the bunker. I can't remember the last time I didn't have an open Lot B. Last time I checked one of the usual liquor stores, there were a few on the shelf. If they're still there, I'm adopting a new bar rule: "A Lot B must always be open."

Laid to rest a Lot B last night. Two more in the bunker. I can't remember the last time I didn't have an open Lot B. Last time I checked one of the usual liquor stores, there were a few on the shelf. If they're still there, I'm adopting a new bar rule: "A Lot B must always be open."

At one point and kind of still, I pretty much follow this rule too :). I always had a Lot B in my crystal decanter.

Sadly, finished another bottle of PVW20. This is one of my favorite. Luckily I have more in the bunker.

Cheers

--Hugh

Guest wripvanwrinkle

Emptied my Peach Street, Colorado Straight Bourbon. My first Bourbon and the drink that brought me over from Scotch. A lot of corn, some vanilla, a bright warmness from a hint of baking spice. Finally, peppermint.

The taste is the same, with just the slightest note of black licorice.

In my quest to clear out open bottles, I wrung the life out of a Templeton rye this evening. As much as I hate their potemkin ways, I really like the LDI rye and I don't mind the low proof.

There's enough spice in there to keep me happy.

That's three to the bin this week. :bigeyes:

I've been trying to finish some long open bottles. Tonight it's a bottle of

Willet Pot Still Reserve. Hanging onto the cool bottle. Next up is a bottle of Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve tomorrow night.

Just killed a Four Roses Small Batch.I am glad I have a few more in the bunker.

Mike

I did kill WLW 2010 and Reid & Ems 139,5 17 wheat recipe tonight. I did defiantly like the later better even though it flattened out a bit in the second half. The Weller did also change both up and down, but I thought it was a bit tied in general, compared to the 2 latest vintages for example.

Leif

I've been trying to finish some long open bottles. Tonight it's a bottle of

Willet Pot Still Reserve. Hanging onto the cool bottle. Next up is a bottle of Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve tomorrow night.

I decided there was too much of the Russell's Reserve to finish tonight so I finished an Evan Williams that had been open for way too long. It's now in the recycle bin.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.