What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2011

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nothing last night.... Am saving myself for a tasting get-together tonight with Scott (Hightower) and Tym (Stones). We'll be working our way through a selection of Van Winkle products:

10/107, Lot B, Pappy 15, Pappy 20, Pappy 23 (private barrel selection chill-filtered), ORVW 23 decanter and possibly finishing with some early 70's Old Fitz from S-W!

How did the tasting night go Cam? Did you get to the SW? I was so sorry I was unable to make it mate and think I will be for some time.

Picked up some Makers 46 and Willett Pot Still Reserve. Drinking the 46 at the moment and liking it.

How did the tasting night go Cam? Did you get to the SW? I was so sorry I was unable to make it mate and think I will be for some time.

It was pretty good Tym.... We actually tried Scott's SW Old Fitz first so we could appreciate it more..... then we launched into the Pappy 23 ;)

Went to Baranow's Lounge last night (cigar & whiskey bar in Hawthorn). Enjoyed, inter alia, Woodford's Maple Finish & Templeton Rye and some Old Fashioneds. Checking my receipt now, it appears that they either made a mistake charging or I got a decent discount on some beers (Sierra Nevada $3.47 a bottle, Brooklyn Lager $3.46 a bottle, Murray's Wild Thing $9.12 - I pay more for these at bottle shops!). Dropped a fair bit there so maybe it was the discount. Good night and if you enjoy cigars, you can smoke them inside due to the fact they promote the place as a member's club. Also - Kentucky Spirit is now at DM.

Picked up a bottle of Kentucky Spirit today. Also noticed one bottle of 8 year old 101 WT on the shelf - grabbed that as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Cracked a bottle of ER 10yo 1.75lt I brought back from LA last year before it was available here in Oz.

Having a few pour for poor Dale, look forward to sharing some quality bourbon with you mate at the next gathering.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.