What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2011

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was this from a new bottle or the old shape Cam?

Old bottle Tym. Was at a friends house and they had two bottles of Aussie 8yo - both with different labels. Best part was, they're Scotch drinkers, so they are keen to swap the unopened bottle for a bottle of Famous Grouse :cool:

Hello fellow Australian bourbon-files - decided to revive this thread as we're well into the next spring/summer with our first significant electrical storm of the season ending with an absolutely beautifully clear day, in Brisbane anyway.

Tonight's libations have started with the very popular and wonderful

90 proof Buffalo Trace

followed by a 10yr Russell's Reserve 101 proof,

an ample pour of 2010 George T Stagg

followed by a 1964 8yo 86 proof Old Kentucky Tavern

and finishing off with an absolutely outstanding 1966 6yo 100 proof Stitzel Weller Venetian Decanter Old Fitzgerald.

Let us know what you've all been enjoying too. Cheers! :yum:

Outstanding selection. I did an identical run, but followed the Stagg with some Amrut Fusion Single Malt (and Yes it did hold up).

Heading to Brisbane in December guys. Any recommended bottle shops ?

Outstanding selection. I did an identical run, but followed the Stagg with some Amrut Fusion Single Malt (and Yes it did hold up).

Heading to Brisbane in December guys. Any recommended bottle shops ?

Spiros at Milton/Toowong have a pretty good selection and is worth checking out.

Let us know when you'll be here and where. Stones (Tym), Hightower (Scott) and I catch up for tasting nights periodically. We could maybe organise something :cool:

Had a couple of pours of Nelson County before/during dinner and finished with a nice pour of 1792..

Spiros at Milton/Toowong have a pretty good selection and is worth checking out.

Let us know when you'll be here and where. Stones (Tym), Hightower (Scott) and I catch up for tasting nights periodically. We could maybe organise something :cool:

And after dinner some Woodford Reserve Seasoned Oak Finish. Might wrap up with some Evan Williams Honey Reserve over Ben & Jerrys Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for desert :cool:

That sounds like an outstanding idea Cam - so let us know when you'll be here Spy. :grin:

Will do guys, looks like mid-december.

Enjoyed a pour of Very Old Barton 80 proof followed by some 1792 KBS Barrel of the Year... both outstanding bourbons imo!

Started tonight with a pour of Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107, and moved onto a Bernheim Wheat Whiskey after dinner.... Superb!

Big Day of BBQ ahead. Starting with Four Roses standard bottling.

Followed by ETL, Pikesville and GTS. Yep I'm done.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have really been getting into this bottle of GTS I've opened recently and am a little upset I opened it now as previous tastings of GTS were very special as I never had my own bottle.

Now that I have my own bottle open I can have one whenever I feel and it has become my go to bottle. My taste buds have been spoilt and it's all I ever want to drink!!! Bloody beautiful stuff.

I knew it was always very, very good the way you guys go on about it, which I am doing now, but I'm afraid I now have a singular addiction to it... please help... :grin:

Very much enjoying the Fall 2006 Saz 18 i opened tonight.

The first pour i was getting very dry apple notes and as my palette warmed to the drink i now can't get my nose past the sweet delicious aroma of musk. Like life savers.

The last Rye i opened was a FRR13 and on memory (as i finished it off and cant do a side by side) this one blows it away.

Very much enjoying the Fall 2006 Saz 18 i opened tonight.

The first pour i was getting very dry apple notes and as my palette warmed to the drink i now can't get my nose past the sweet delicious aroma of musk. Like life savers.

The last Rye i opened was a FRR13 and on memory (as i finished it off and cant do a side by side) this one blows it away.

Dale, I've got a bottle of FRR13 and 2004 Saz 18 open... We should organise a get-together with Scott (Hightower) and Tym (Stones) for a tasting sometime soon.

Sore throat and cough are back, so Evan Williams Honey Reserve from the frezer again last night.... for medicinal purposes :smiley_acbt: :cool:

I think it's an '09 (141.4 proof), I will imbibing some of it's goodness again tonight. Sorry to hear your cough and sore throat are back mate, the wife is in the same shape, I suggested the wife make a bowl of steaming water with a splash of bourbon to inhale and clear her sinuses.

• 3 weeks later...

not technically summer yet, but damn warm over the last week...

This weekend have been sipping:

Elijah Craig 12yr

Eagle Rare 10yr

Makers Mark

Makers 46

Buffalo Trace

WT 101

Jim Beam Choice

Blanton's Gold Label

PVW 20

It has been a good weekend ;)

not technically summer yet, but damn warm over the last week...

This weekend have been sipping:

Elijah Craig 12yr

Eagle Rare 10yr

Makers Mark

Makers 46

Buffalo Trace

WT 101

Jim Beam Choice

Blanton's Gold Label

PVW 20

It has been a good weekend ;)

UNITARY,

First of all, welcome aboard! Second of all.....it HAS been a good weekend!!

Blantons Gold and PVW20...can it get much better??

Scott

Dale, I've got a bottle of FRR13 and 2004 Saz 18 open... We should organise a get-together with Scott (Hightower) and Tym (Stones) for a tasting sometime soon.

I have an 06 and 07 Handy, 06 GTS and WLW Open as well as a 2009 Saz 18 ........

That sounds great, maybe we could tee it up for when spy makes his way over from Perth as well?

Sounds like a plan, when's that??

Scott

UNITARY,

First of all, welcome aboard! Second of all.....it HAS been a good weekend!!

Blantons Gold and PVW20...can it get much better??

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the welcome, I have actually seen you around (eBay) lol...

Very happy with the Blantons Gold, I scored 3 bottles from www.thewhiskyexchange.com but am looking forward to my couple of bottles of GTS from the states.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.