What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2011

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Would be interested to know how much the Blantons cost you each with shipping and duties if you were charged?

It would be in my top 5!

Scott

Would be interested to know how much the Blantons cost you each with shipping and duties if you were charged?

It would be in my top 5!

Scott

I paid about $92 AUD each for them, they sent via post and customs didn't pick up on it (Collectable Glass) so no duties. :grin:

Otherwise approx another $35 a bottle if they do.

good to know. nicks used to keeps them at $120, but heavent seen them listed for a while, just looked and their current list price is $150. I've only had 2 bottles, but they were both amazing.

Cheers

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I'm heading over to Brisbane this Thursday 15th Dec, arriving at about 2pm.

I'm staying at Oaks on Felix. Got Thursday arvo / night free. Any recommendations on where a Bourbon addict can get a drink ? Or anyone free for a catch up ? Sorry for the late notice. Wife is very good at booking up my time :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Spy, so, so, sorry I missed your arrival in Brisbane mate.

Hope your stay was nice, did you manage to find a reasonable bar with good bourbon?

Hi Stones,

Yeah had a great time in Brisbane. People are pretty laid back just like in Perth. Got out quite a bit, to all hours.

Most of the places served the usual assortment of Bourbons and Spiros kept my hotel room well supplied. I did stumble across one "Bourbon bar".

Are you familar with it ? Picture supplied. :lol:

post-5433-14489817699987_thumb.jpg

Seeing I missed out on the woodford reserve maple wood finish at the local. It's rocking angel time, hope it's reasonable

Picked up my 3rd bottle of Woodford Reserve Seasoned Oak Finish on the weekend along with my first ever bottle of Virginia Gentlemen.

I really enjoy the Woodford, so will be making these bottles last. Haven't tried VG ever, so am looking forward to opening this one soon.

Seeing I missed out on the woodford reserve maple wood finish at the local. It's rocking angel time, hope it's reasonable

Any comments on it Marty? I keep skipping past it on the shelf to look for more known brands but am curious to know what you thought?

Hi Stones,

Yeah had a great time in Brisbane. People are pretty laid back just like in Perth. Got out quite a bit, to all hours.

Most of the places served the usual assortment of Bourbons and Spiros kept my hotel room well supplied. I did stumble across one "Bourbon bar".

Are you familar with it ? Picture supplied. :lol:

Any comments on it Marty? I keep skipping past it on the shelf to look for more known brands but am curious to know what you thought?

Cam I can report that this is not a bad drop at all. 3 years old @ 37 %.

A bit young though. The nose is mainly mint and menthol. A big mouthfull reveals some vanilla but the body is very light and watery. Finish is short as expected.

I initially mixed it with dry, but ended up drinking it straight by the glass full. I paid $39.99 for it. I prefer the Cougar at this price point.

Stones that place looked a bit dodgy to me. They'd probably try and sell me Southern Comfort as Bourbon.

EC12

Blanton's OP

EW 2000 SB

Think I might pop into Nick's in the coming days and grab an Old Grand Dad 114 Proof.

This weekend:

Buffalo Trace

JD Silver Select

and one glass of GTS 2011 - Legendry stuff :bowdown:

I'm going overseas this month - I'm pretty sure I saw a bottle of JD SS at duty free is around $55. One of the real (and only bargins) of duty free. Think I'll use my allowance on it.

I'm going overseas this month - I'm pretty sure I saw a bottle of JD SS at duty free is around $55. One of the real (and only bargins) of duty free. Think I'll use my allowance on it.

Definitely only one of the few worth getting at Duty Free, not sure which airport you score yours from, but Melbourne its $69 per bottle.

Very good stuff, I've had a few bottles (still have another 4 unopened with one more coming in a week) and out of the last couple I have had there has been a clear difference in taste between each bottle.

Its good been able to send employees overseas with instructions to pick up a bottle or two at Duty Free on the way back :cool:

Melb too - $69 is still good value. I'm going to Singapore, so unless there's a nice whisky or whiskey available there, I think my allowance (which will be my wife's allowance as well) will be going to JD on the way back in.

I finally feel well enough to report in from my Saturday night BBQ and Bourbon session with Scott (Hightower) and respective families:

Old Overholt Old Fashined

Virginia Gentleman

Devils Cut

Four Roses Single Barrel

WL Weller Fourth Barrel

WL Weller KBS Barrel

Jack Daniels White Label

Makers Mark Mint Julep

ETL KBS Barrel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.