What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2011

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll kick it off with a bottle that can be found in most good liquor outlets around Oz; Wild Turkey Rare Breed - from my knowledge i think this is a blend of a few different years - 6, 8 and 12-year-old stock at 108 barrel proof.

First few pours out of this wonderful bottle has already gone from this Xmas gift Here's to the memories of Jimmy and Eddie Russell when they visited here late last year. Thanks for sharing America! Cheers! :grin:

Started last night with a small pour of Buffalo Trace before dinner, had a couple of Jim Beam and Cokes with our meal (pork spare ribs in honey mustard sauce and salad) then finished off with a generous pour of Evan Williams Honey Reserve. I'd have put the Evan Williams over ice cream, but our daughter finished the tub for her dinner :bigeyes:

I had a couple of........Oh wait. Wrong thread. :lol:

Cheers to you all in Oz. Joe

Hey can I play since I was sipping Knob Creek while watching the Australian Open live on the telly last night? Cool thread!

Yesterday I caught up with family at a pub between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. I hadn't planned on having a drink........ until the $29 lunchtime rump steak special I ordered came out....... 1.1kg (39 ounce) of prime black angus rump with 0.5kg of thick fries on the side :eek:. I had to order my first Jim Beam and Coke premix of the year to try and wash the thing down. The drink tasted great, but sadly the steak got the better of me as I only made it 2/3 of the way through :blush:

Great thread :)

In quiet little Perth I've been drinking alot of Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond and Buffalo Trace. However on the weekends its George T Stagg.

Great thread :)

I've been drinking alot of Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond.

Nice. Did you find it locally, or online?

Cam I got the OGBBIB online at Nicks. I must say I am very addicted to it.

Stones, the weekends are the only days I can devote the required time that Stagg demands.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is drinking on Australia Day :)

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is drinking on Australia Day :)

We should honour the 'Australia Only' bourbons: Cougar, McKenna (from Four Roses - not Heaven Hill) & Jim Beam Small Batch. I'm leaving Slate out of the list because....well, I'll let Scott explain if he reads this ;)

We should honour the 'Australia Only' bourbons: Cougar, McKenna (from Four Roses - not Heaven Hill) & Jim Beam Small Batch. I'm leaving Slate out of the list because....well, I'll let Scott explain if he reads this ;)

Cougar it is :cool:

What about WT UDLs. Remember the WT Tour guide saying they were Australia only product and one of their biggest exports.

Hmmm, I didn't follow my own advice. Started lunch (lamb chops on the bbq) with a pour of Old Rip Van Winkle 13yo Rye and finished with a 2004 Sazerac 18yo Rye. Two great pours on a great day!

Due to a 14 hr shift, I didn't have a drink on Australia Day, but I did eat lamb (I'n not totally Un-Australian!)

I now am on day 1 of 4 days off....and have just started with Four Roses Single Barrel...l...just started a Elijah Craig 18yo from 1981....let's see where this goes.

Anyone in Brisbane, my good mate Dan that runs the Bowery and Sky Bar in the Valley is moving on, he's moving to Sydney and is off to "Eau De Vie". He's around for 2 more weeks........I am looking at having him over next Friday to the Bourbon Cave for a drink or 6....anyone got anything on?? :grin:

This man knows how to make a drink!!

Scott

Anyone in Brisbane, my good mate Dan that runs the Bowery and Sky Bar in the Valley is moving on, he's moving to Sydney and is off to "Eau De Vie". He's around for 2 more weeks........I am looking at having him over next Friday to the Bourbon Cave for a drink or 6....anyone got anything on?? :grin:

This man knows how to make a drink!!

Scott

I could possibly make it with bourbon bottle or two in hand ;) I just have to clear it with work, and then the boss (at home)..... and then work out the transport. Leave it with me! :cool:

Cam it will more than likely be Friday night, will let you know once I have arranged it with Dan.

Scott

Don't let me stop you Cam, we can start whenever......:grin:

Just had some Rock Hill Farms and just poured a Blanton's Gold, been at White Water World all day....stuffed!!

Scott

started wioth lot b. on some OWA currently.

maybe sneak in a wt12 before stumps. golfing early so i should call it a night!

Cam it will more than likely be Friday night, will let you know once I have arranged it with Dan.

Scott

Dammit! I'm baby sitting my nephews that Friday - i know, i know, i am a party animal! Sorry i'm unable to make it guys. A catchup is well overdue too. :rolleyes:

PS Enjoying a WTRR10yr right now, lovely stuff.

Woodford before dinner and OGD 114 after.

Leif

Can't go wrong with the OGD114 Leif, are you visiting oz at the moment from Sweden?

Four Roses Small Batch. Then cracked open the Eagle Rare 10 Year old to celebrate the wife getting a new job. Great stuff it is.

Four Roses Small Batch. Then cracked open the Eagle Rare 10 Year old to celebrate the wife getting a new job. Great stuff it is.

Nice one spy, i visited the US last year and brought back a 1.75l Eagle Rare in my luggage but haven't cracked it yet. I previously had a 700ml bottle which was fantastic, nice choice. :toast:

I just ordered an ER101 in for Cam. Retailing at $65.99

If anyone needs any, let me know. Taking customs duty, shipping and GST into account, not a bad price. 700ml bottles.

Tonight I had some Jim Beam Barrel Bonded - a toast to my mate Jared for his birthday, Jefferson's Reserve Very Old 15yo and some Wild Turkey American Spirit.

Scott

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.