What bourbon are you drinking? - Spring 2011

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went back to the basics and just had a little Maker's Mark last night for the first time since joining SB.com back in January. It doesn't taste as good as I remember...

Today will end early as the all day trial was resolved by lunch. Can't decide heavy or light so Knob Creek SB or Dickel 12 may both make an appearance.

4R1B, neat.

But not much, gotta get up early tomorrow for the slow drive to work in the Spring ice strom that's coming tonight.

Having a pour of 4 Roses Single Barrel and will finish the night with Eagle Rare.

8 year WT101 from 1978. I don't know why, but it tastes so much better than the new stuff.

8 year WT101 from 1978. I don't know why, but it tastes so much better than the new stuff.

That's because it's older than the new stuff.:cool:

Old Grand-Dad 114. Because of references here on the forums, I reached back in the back of my closet and got the old (and very dusty) OGD 114 bottle out and had a taste. Not bad at all!

Hint: Fruit and spice and everything nice.

Yep you guessed right if you said 4R1B Curtis/Hightower selection.

Um, that would be neat of course.

Enjoying some PS AAA 10 Year. Really hits the spot on nights when you want an easy drinker.

Knob Creek SB with ice and water, this expression has some great notes but the high alcohol kills it for me.

After a day of sun, fun and good food, I'm having a couple of healthy pours from my vacation bottle of ORVW 10/107. :yum: Joe

I'm in the mood for single barrel's tonight so it will be Eagle Rare and Blanton's.:cool:

Guest wripvanwrinkle

Evan Williams Single Barrel 2000. I finally get Menthol, and now that I do...it is so in my face that I'm surprised that it was not obvious before.

After another long day, poured from an '81 Old Fitz BIB that I found up in Baltimore about a month ago. Very nice pour with classic SW profile.

Weller SR tonight. Just not quite hitting the spot tonight. Can't put my finger on it.

In the spirit of the BOTM, a couple of pours of Old Fitz BiB. For $15 it ain't half bad!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!